💬 Off Topic ðŸ¥± Officially new Official Bored Thread

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Heading home, stopped at liquor store and picked up a bottle of my favorite bourbon that they never have but just got 1 bottle of today and now it's mine... Score.
Gonna pick up our hounds and head to my folks' house as we're dog sitting for them this weekend.
Probably get takeout pizza from Noah's and chill with wife. Maybe play with her tits a little later on, we'll see.
Tomorrow is gonna be a fuckin grind. Up at 0400, drive to Minneapolis, grab flight to Knoxville, land around noon our time, buy wifey's car and hopefully make it all the way back home. 800 miles is gonna be a stretch if dude I'm buying car from doesn't have his shit together. Fingers crossed he does.

10-11 hours of driving home at least.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
10-11 hours of driving home at least.

Good luck.
Yeah. Google maps says 13...

challenge accepted training GIF

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
2 stops for fuel and food. I'd bet on 14 hours then.
I'm hopeful that if rated mileage holds true I'll be able to make it home around 0100 Sunday.
Current plan is to fill up and caffeine stock in Knoxville, refill tank and drain snake somewhere between Cape Girardeau and St Louis and coast into bed about shortly after midnight and around 1/3 tank.

The question is go through MO or IN/IL.
IN/IL route is ~30 min less per Google but has tolls (not that I'll stop/pay, car won't have plates)and Chicago/Indy traffic which I'll be hitting during normal house and if bad can fuck me like one of Shawn's furniture truck whores.
MO route is about 10 miles further but not through Indy/Chicago. Yeah St Louis could be trouble on traffic but I'll be hitting it around 9-10p so it should be very manageable.
Guess we will find out.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I'm hopeful that if rated mileage holds true I'll be able to make it home around 0100 Sunday.
Current plan is to fill up and caffeine stock in Knoxville, refill tank and drain snake somewhere between Cape Girardeau and St Louis and coast into bed about shortly after midnight and around 1/3 tank.

IN/IL route is ~30 min less per Google but has tolls (not that I'll stop/pay, car won't have plates)and Chicago/Indy traffic which I'll be hitting during normal house and if bad can fuck me like one of Shawn's furniture truck whores.
MO route is about 10 miles further but not through Indy/Chicago. Yeah St Louis could be trouble on traffic but I'll be hitting it around 9-10p so it should be very manageable.
Guess we will find out.
I’d go MO

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Guess we will find out.
I just drove to and from Savannah GA. 65 has detours thru Indianapolis, which add time, and they’re doing road construction at night time, lane closures but that was going south, not north. But who knows this weekend. I’d chance it and do IN, as you can fly pretty quick thru there. I’d rather chance my luck against IN cops than IL cops.

• Love

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I just drove to and from Savannah GA. 65 has detours thru Indianapolis, which add time, and they’re doing road construction at night time, lane closures but that was going south, not north. But who knows this weekend. I’d chance it and do IN, as you can fly pretty quick thru there. I’d rather chance my luck against IN cops than IL cops.
MO is pretty open as well tho. Plus there is 370 that bypasses st louis.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012

Good call on the intel.
I'm really leaning towards MO. Yeah more 65mph vs 70 on I80 in IA but I'll find hillbillies hustling and tuck in/bump it up.
Plus, to build on your point, IL cops are fucking Stalinists.

Either way I gain an hour on the clock, Knoxville is Eastern time and Iowa is Central.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
What way through MO would you be going?
Probably come in at Cape Girardeau and head north on 61. That avoids IL /ISP almost entirely.
Could go up through Paducah to Mt Vernon and cut over to StL but that's 100-150 miles of exposure to ISP and it'll probably be getting close to dark by then so those pricks will be able to hide.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Probably come in at Cape Girardeau and head north on 61. That avoids IL /ISP almost entirely.
Could go up through Paducah to Mt Vernon and cut over to StL but that's 100-150 miles of exposure to ISP and it'll probably be getting close to dark by then so those pricks will be able to hide.

My in laws live in Troy and 2 SIL live 20 minutes 1 east 1 wast of bowling green. I know 61 well. Cops do love it. It's curvy and hilly so they have lots of places to hide.

Thread Info