🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
5:30am, haven’t slept a wink. Gonna make the 40+ bicycle ride at 9am awfully fun.
giphy.gif

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My only 2 cents are this.

get married because you desire to be with that person for the rest of your life, don’t do it because you feel it’s time or because that what’s expected of you after X amount of years.

oh absolutely. I was adamantly “im
Never getting married” until a couple years into our relationship.

you get back exactly as much effort as you put into anything.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Morning homies.

Coffee on the deck with puppy dog while the sun is still behind the trees. It’s beautiful out right now.

power washing my front sidewalk and brick around the front entrance, removing two of the street lamps coming up my drivewat, peeping some rings.

gf is in California until Tuesday night. Started tearing apart her office last night to paint and replace trim. I’ve got to repair drywall in a few spots. Wanted to surprise her and have it ready to go before she’s home.

We bought paint a few weeks ago and she thought we would just walk in there and paint in a day. NOPE. Walls are disgustingly dirty, tons of wallpaper glue on the wall, drywall cracked at a couple seams, trim is old and out of style.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
FIRST OF ALL no I don’t. Lol.

Second...I was 22 when I bought it. Did not make big $$ at all
I was 21 when I dropped the big duckets on mine, and that was in 1995. The benefit of working for a private employer that recognizes success, determination, and dedication and rewarded you for it.

those days are long gone.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What’s your point? I’ll spend 5 times more this time cause I’m better off financially. My point is u guys spend a shit load on cars/ parts and other crap, but want too cheap out on YOUR significant other. Maybe it’s important to her to have a nice ring just like it’s important for u guys to have nice things. My point is you are not buying her a ring a few years why not buy something that comes from the heart not a used one from Craigslist or pawn shop. Like u say Shawn u can’t take it with u.
My point is, 50% of marriages end in divorce, so its a total waste of money imo. I'd be okay with spending up to $5k (and that would be hard to do), but anything more or the woman expects % of your yearly income spent on the ring, get fucked bitch because its not happening. I dont give a flying fuck how much I spend on toys, its my fucking money. No you cant take it with you, but doesnt mean go spend an obscene amount of money where there is a 50% chance you will get divorced. I got a better chance throwing that money down on a craps table.
I've mentioned it before, I'm lucky as my Wife isnt materialistic when it comes to that shit, she rather drive a nicer car than have a huge rock on her finger.
I’m older and if I can fork over 5k, 10k or 15k or more on a car I’m sure one can do the same for your significant other on a nice ring when the time comes.
I could be worth millions like you, and still would stand by what I said above.

No disrespect to anyone on here that splurged on a ring. Just stating my opinion.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My point is, 50% of marriages end in divorce, so its a total waste of money imo. I'd be okay with spending up to $5k (and that would be hard to do), but anything more or the woman expects % of your yearly income spent on the ring, get fucked bitch because its not happening. I dont give a flying fuck how much I spend on toys, its my fucking money. No you cant take it with you, but doesnt mean go spend an obscene amount of money where there is a 50% chance you will get divorced. I got a better chance throwing that money down on a craps table.
I've mentioned it before, I'm lucky as my Wife isnt materialistic when it comes to that shit, she rather drive a nicer car than have a huge rock on her finger.

No disrespect to anyone on here that splurged on a ring. Just stating my opinion.
“Get fucked bitch” LOLOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: IZZy

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So while I couldn’t sleep last night I did some cleaning.

g/f this am “what did you use to clean with?”

the green stuff

she’s thinking “that eco cleaning solution”

What I actually used was Griots Ceramic Spray Wax and their Ceramic Speed Shine.

hey, the bathroom shower and floor tiles ARE ceramic. Fuckers are slick, and the tiled shower surround beads water like a champ.

Works well on porcelain too. Like the crapper, lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Training Day is always worth a watch

The Monte Carlo is the star of the movie
When that movie came out everyone wanted to build a 79 Monte. Guys still to this day when they put one up for sale they will label it is "Training Day MC"
I had a pretty bad ass 85 Monte with 20" 100 spokes back in 1999. It was white with blue vinyl top and blue pinstripe.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Spot On.

I bought an engagement and wedding ring set off my buddy for $80 back in 1997 when his fiancé fucked around.

I traded that set in against engagement ring for my wife (which I also negotiated down the sale price too).

Don’t spend $$$$$ on a ring.

Use the money for the house, car, trip or even better, Roth IRA (you’ll thank me on this one in 30 yrs

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
When that movie came out everyone wanted to build a 79 Monte. Guys still to this day when they put one up for sale they will label it is "Training Day MC"
I had a pretty bad ass 85 Monte with 20" 100 spokes back in 1999. It was white with blue vinyl top and blue pinstripe.

Wish you kept that one?

Reactions: Shawn1112

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
My point is, 50% of marriages end in divorce, so its a total waste of money imo. I'd be okay with spending up to $5k (and that would be hard to do), but anything more or the woman expects % of your yearly income spent on the ring, get fucked bitch because its not happening
I’ve always thought that whole % of your income thing was a bunch of bullshit

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Hell, I think % of income for child support and alimony is bullshit too.

Especially when the wife took half of the savings, investments and retirement. Not to mention, the father is tagged for the kids medical, dental and college too.

WTH does the Mom need $2k a month for?Food and clothing my ass.

Shelter? Well Hell, if the father is helping to fund the residence and utilities, then he should be able to take a shower, do his laundry, BBQ and park his car at that residence as he deems fit.

Thread Info