💬 Off Topic 🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
That was the funny part, the woman who works here is from Mexico and her son speaks Spanish fluently.

I could picture him not paying attention to his surroundings though and be standing around surfing his brand new iPhone Max in front of a bunch of people though or something stupid like that so probably for the best that she told him to stay inside the airport. :bowrofl:

I’ll pull my iPhone out anywhere no problem, iphones are actually super common there so he wouldn’t gather much attention from that.

the things you gotta be a bit more careful with is jewelry and nice watches.

I remember when I got mugged riding a bus home from school the robber wanted my $2 watch and pointed a gun to my face for it lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’ll pull my iPhone out anywhere no problem, iphones are actually super common there so he wouldn’t gather much attention from that.

the things you gotta be a bit more careful with is jewelry and nice watches.

I remember when I got mugged riding a bus home from school the robber wanted my $2 watch and pointed a gun to my face for it lol

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Mexico City is one place I want to visit, but have been warned by Mexican friends that its really not that safe. That was 7-8yrs ago, has it changed?
My Mexican friends said they wouldnt go there unless they really had to.
My son just went with his GF. Just stay out of the ghetto. Stay at a nice hotel. My son was using Uber to get around. Rental cars are expensive because you have to buy insurance.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
fuck dude i dont know if a gun in my face at any point of my life would be funny looking back.

way to be a glass half full kinda motherfucker
My mom said when I got home I was white as a ghost, ultimately it’s all material shit, if god forbid you find yourself in a situation like that just cooperate and it will all be over soon.

this is why I’m such a staunch supporter of the 2A because I saw what happens when law abiding citizens can’t have guns and the only ones that do have them are the bad guys.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
then when I was getting my master's in 2014-2016 one guy in my classes worked for GE and spent a fuck ton of time in monterrey, went like every other week, and told me about all the fun he had. I was salty AF because I'd already moved on to another position by then.

dont worry bro he got the herp during that time.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I went to monterrey for work in ~2013 and they wouldn't let me go anywhere cool :mad: drove straight from the airport to ramos arizpe

I wanted to go to mexico monthly because the people I worked with were all there, but the company limited travel pretty severely to monterrey at that time
You went during a time when northern Mexico was extremely dangerous, there was an all out war between the cartels and the govt.

That was probably a smart idea lol

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You went during a time when northern Mexico was extremely dangerous, there was an all out war between the cartels and the govt.

That was probably a smart idea lol
We had a location in Monterrey that got riddled with rifle rounds during a cartel battle lol. I haven't really looked since, has Monterrey calmed down?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
We had a location in Monterrey that got riddled with rifle rounds during a cartel battle lol. I haven't really looked since, has Monterrey calmed down?
Yeah most of that has died down, the current govt policy for the cartels is “abrazos en lugar de balazos” or “hugs instead of bullets” haha

Thread Info