đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the "sales" comment reminds me of in one of my college classes, i can't remember which marketing whatever it was but the teacher had a boner that she got someone very high up in SaLeS come in. I was so fucking pumped to hear from this SaLEs TYCOOOON.

it was a complete fucking joke. ill keep it vague... but the SALES TYCOOOONNNN broad worked for a LARGE (global) beverage company in "sALeS".
her customer was a LARGE (global) fast food establishment who signs 10-20 YEAR FUCKING CONTRACTS

and she came into the position... TWO FUCKING YEARS INTO THE CONTRACT.

BITCH YOU AREN'T IN SALES. YOU'RE B2B CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT BEST.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Cannot imagine someone thinking this way lol

It's not only boomer. It's hoarder. It's why my mom is broke as well.

She'll see a sale and buy as much as allowed. Then it sits in 1 out of 3 freezers she has then its frostbite.

Then she trya to bring it over to cook.

Cant tell you how many times she's brought food over and I just throw it out

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

She'll see a sale and buy as much as allowed. Then it sits in 1 out of 3 freezers she has then its frostbite.

Wowowowow, that's bad.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

I swear reading your posts I think we have the same parents.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
the "sales" comment reminds me of in one of my college classes, i can't remember which marketing whatever it was but the teacher had a boner that she got someone very high up in SaLeS come in. I was so fucking pumped to hear from this SaLEs TYCOOOON.

it was a complete fucking joke. ill keep it vague... but the SALES TYCOOOONNNN broad worked for a LARGE (global) beverage company in "sALeS".
her customer was a LARGE (global) fast food establishment who signs 10-20 YEAR FUCKING CONTRACTS

and she came into the position... TWO FUCKING YEARS INTO THE CONTRACT.

BITCH YOU AREN'T IN SALES. YOU'RE B2B CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT BEST.
I legit hate this shit. True salespeople make most (>75%) of their money on commission, none of this "high base salary to take people to lunch" bullshit.

I can respect someone hustling for a commission

"Oh but I can't work a commission, I need the guaranteed paycheck". OK then you're a moron and shouldn't be in "sales". Then these clowns complain when they have ONE good month and the boss makes a bunch of money and their check is the same. OK what about all your mediocre ass months where you were basically just overhead? GFY.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I legit hate this shit. True salespeople make most (>75%) of their money on commission, none of this "high base salary to take people to lunch" bullshit.

I can respect someone hustling for a commission

"Oh but I can't work a commission, I need the guaranteed paycheck". OK then you're a moron and shouldn't be in "sales". Then these clowns complain when they have ONE good month and the boss makes a bunch of money and their check is the same. OK what about all your mediocre ass months where you were basically just overhead? GFY.

TRUE, GOOOD, salespeople are wizards.

i worked with like 4-5 people in my life that were the LEGIT fuckin' glengarry glen ross motherfucker's who'd fucking sell you your own shoes back to you and then call you an ass to your face and you'd still think you did well. that shit was fucking nuts.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I sold on 100% 1099'd commission from 2009-2012, shit was stressful AF, not something I would want to do with a family and mortgage. Made a lot of $ for a young guy though. I don't schmooze or talk a lot but I do get things done, and in the steel industry that was all people really wanted

Not surprisingly, I chose not to work in sales anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: Aircal and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I sold on 100% 1099'd commission from 2009-2012, shit was stressful AF, not something I would want to do with a family and mortgage. Made a lot of $ for a young guy though. I don't schmooze or talk a lot but I do get things done, and in the steel industry that was all people really wanted

Not surprisingly, I chose not to work in sales anymore.

my buddy who does futures trading is 10000% commission based and fuck that shit would stress me out so hardcore. especially with a family. especially in his shit because if some fuckin' farmer in nebraska tweets a pic of something his market can rollercoaster any direction on a sunday night at 8pm... it's fucking intense.

but single bro just chasin' jack and cokes and tail? fuck yeah :rofl:

Thread Info