🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yea, my wife was considering one of those a few years ago and I did some research on the CVT. General consensus is that honda's is good and nissan is shit. No surprise there
The g/f has a 2013 Honda Fit Sport with the CVT. It is actually decent, and does do a decent job mimicking a conventional trans. She even has flappy paddles which she has never used.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The g/f has a 2013 Honda Fit Sport with the CVT. It is actually decent, and does do a decent job mimicking a conventional trans. She even has flappy paddles which she has never used.
My friend was trying to help his g/f pick out a car for her eldest daughter as a first car, so I recommended a used Fit. Small, lots of room, good on gas, etc. He was doubtful until he drove ours.

Two days later he has a used Fit in his driveway, but with the manual trans. I'm like WTF? He said, she can have my beater Mazda3, I bought a Fit for myself!

Reactions: Kensington

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My friend was trying to help his g/f pick out a car for her eldest daughter as a first car, so I recommended a used Fit. Small, lots of room, good on gas, etc. He was doubtful until he drove ours.

Two days later he has a used Fit in his driveway, but with the manual trans. I'm like WTF? He said, she can have my beater Mazda3, I bought a Fit for myself!

Surprisingly big inside, and they handle really well. I was more than surprised driving them. I don't really like the looks of the last gen, but the first gens were pretty slick looking.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
AgedDearFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
And if you had shocks your vehicle likely wouldn't do that...because the shock eats a lot of that bumps upward momentum, then it also stops the spring from, well, springing up and down continuously...causing you to lose traction after the bump...The gif is exaggerated, but you see how little the tire actually moves....it doesn't dip into the hole as much, as it doesn't rebound as much....all the shock does is dampen the movement of the tire so it stays in contact with the ground....which is good, for you know, traction?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info