💬 Off Topic ðŸ¥± Officially new Official Bored Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I mean most podcasts are. They all have really awesome snippets but on the whole they're usually pretty boring.

I watched one with Dane Cook and Bert Chrysler last month talking about what happened and why Dane disappeared. That one was pretty good and it's pretty sad (Dane's story).
Gimme the quick version as to why he disappeared

dude aged terribly so I'm assuming he's been through some shit

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Gimme the quick version as to why he disappeared

dude aged terribly so I'm assuming he's been through some shit

His brother managed his money and stole pretty much all of it. Dane had literally no idea until his brother just up and disappeared one day. Then both of his parents died within months of each other to cancer a few years after that.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Wife leaves her car keys with all her office keys in my truck sunday. I didn't even know they were in there

Monday AM: "Do you have my keys?". I look, sure enough they're there. OK just Use the spares and you don't really need office keys on a weekday
Tuesday: "Do you still have my keys?" Wellll they're your keys, and I didn't put them there, so if you did not take them out yes they're still in the center console of my truck
Today: "Did you take my keys out? I need them today"

Wtf. These are your keys. You put them there. If you need them, you need to get them out when you get home in the evening.

I probably should have remembered but I didn't

and this is why i'm glad wife does not work, cuz i'd be dealing with this shit ALL the time. on top of all the other shit i deal with.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Leaving family is the toughest part

Couldn't agree more. When I left Chicago in 2006 leaving all my extended family for Alaska it was one of the toughest things I had done. Especially since I moved there in 03 because my Nana was on her death-bed and the bond I formed with the family was even stronger. Sometimes I still look back and wonder if leaving was the right choice.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
sayonara dad150

AyQIH3a.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Going to suck a little bit in the short term, but the way I see it I have two options:

1. Commit to a full track season next year. In that case I'd need to keep my truck and also buy a trailer since I no longer have one to borrow. With this comes another $3-4k in gas, slicks for the bike, hotels, parts, tracktime, races, etc (this is on top of a trailer for $3500). This wouldn't be smart while building a house, also adds risk that I could crash and be really fucked if I'm unable to work or something. I have good benefits/coverage in that event but you never know how banks would interpret that
2. Make it a light season, 2-3 track days max and no races. Well if this is the case I'm not gonna buy a trailer, I'd just ride to the track with a friend, so why make a big payment on a truck that I don't really need? Pretty easy decision once I decided to go this route

I'll pocket $700/mo or more for the next howevermany months I keep the honda. I expect it to be about a year, maybe a little less, unless I decide to keep it long term and pick up a zl1 instead of going full tilt with trackstuff/truck/trailer.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Thread Info