🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I called literally every LBS and the responses were "You can put in a reservation." Ok cool, what's the time line look like. "Uh, next SPRING." Thanks no thanks.

Trek, Giant, Specialized, fucking anything. So Walmart had this and it's $250 and it works just fine besides the clutch which I found the fix already. So, until everyone stops losing their collective fucking mind and thinking this shit is worth double, this is what I got for now.
Not surprised, we have nothing under $1200 in stock, and when we do they sell instantly. We’ve been buying framesets and build kits now to try and get some shit on the floor.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I've been past the Prairire Path Cycle in Winfield a number of times and they usually have a line of new bikes just sitting outside waiting for sale. Haven't been in the store to see what is there as well. I purchased my last two Trek FX 7.3's from them.

I just looked. Yeah, they're $3000+ bikes, even their "close outs."

giphy.gif

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Should do well on fuel usage, since U-Haul says not to exceed 55 MPH with their trailers. Isn't it stamped on the front side of the wheel arches so you can see it in your mirrors?

I am curious to know what kind of mileage you will average over what speed (60, 70, 80?) for like a tank or two of gas though.

:dunno: Id like to cruise at 70 but yes its labeled on fenders 55mph. :fu:

Im in no rush to get back really. Ive got the trailer until wed.

Ill reset trip B for the return trip. So far Ive got over 3k miles on it and like 90 hours since I left VA the 17th of Aug.

If I get 15 to 17ish i think Id be happy mileage wise.

:dunno: I dont do much hauling.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Almost ready to head back to VA. Pickup box is packed to the top of the bedrails with junk too.

Should pull decent I hope. Truck isnt squatting at much as I thought it would.

View attachment 64209
Looks good. Must not be super nose heavy. Those trailers are tanks.
Should do well on fuel usage, since U-Haul says not to exceed 55 MPH with their trailers. Isn't it stamped on the front side of the wheel arches so you can see it in your mirrors?

I am curious to know what kind of mileage you will average over what speed (60, 70, 80?) for like a tank or two of gas though.
those fuckers will go 80 no problem :io:
those car trailer surge brakes blow donkey dick.
Empty they’re atrocious, weighted they’re not that bad.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I used uhaul trailers all the time because I didn’t want to install electric brake controller on my vehicles. Obviously, they do work way better than surge. Gratuitous pic opp...
View attachment 64210

1st off, raptor's don't have factory brake controllers automatically :rofl:

second off, why wouldn't you want to "install" one... if you go the factory route, they are seamless, if you go aftermarket, 99% of the time they are plug and play...

real brake controller & electric trailer brakes for the mother fucking win.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Looks good. Must not be super nose heavy. Those trailers are tanks.
those fuckers will go 80 no problem :io:

Empty they’re atrocious, weighted they’re not that bad.
Oh yeah, I did 75mph-80mph from Kentucky to home with a 80 Malibu on the Uhaul trailer.
Also true when empty, pulled an empty back from Milwaukee and was horrible

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:dunno: Id like to cruise at 70 but yes its labeled on fenders 55mph. :fu:

Im in no rush to get back really. Ive got the trailer until wed.

Ill reset trip B for the return trip. So far Ive got over 3k miles on it and like 90 hours since I left VA the 17th of Aug.

If I get 15 to 17ish i think Id be happy mileage wise.

:dunno: I dont do much hauling.

just go 70. you'll be fine.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Oh yeah, I did 75mph-80mph from Kentucky to home with a 80 Malibu on the Uhaul trailer.

that's really any lightweight empty trailer though.

we have a 12x7 scissor lift/forklift trailer that's like 850lbs with a 7k axle that i towed back from the dealer like 2hrs away, empty. i thought i was going to lose my fucking teeth.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
did the same with my 4k lb Buick on one and it was full of car parts. Was fine.
that's really any lightweight empty trailer though.

we have a 12x7 scissor lift/forklift trailer that's like 850lbs with a 7k axle that i towed back from the dealer like 2hrs away, empty. i thought i was going to lose my fucking teeth.
back in my towing days for work with nice things, electric brakes you can easily make an empty trailer tow nice (though we’re talking decent sized enclosed). Those surge brakes just feel like you’re being rear ended every time you stop with it empty :rofl:

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
did the same with my 4k lb Buick on one and it was full of car parts. Was fine.
back in my towing days for work with nice things, electric brakes you can easily make an empty trailer tow nice (though we’re talking decent sized enclosed). Those surge brakes just feel like you’re being rear ended every time you stop with it empty :rofl:

have to also love the BANG when getting going from a stop too on something with more tired surge brakes. make your neck fucking snap

the trailer im talking about is single axle and just doesn't have the weight to stay on the ground when empty. so you rattle your teeth.

it is a fucking sweet trailer though. im pretty sure my sxs would fit on it perfectly but i haven't tried it.

the trailer is a diamond plate tilt trailer that i put together a tongue box on, that has a battery, built in battery charger, and winch on a hitch mount to go on the trailer, on a welded on hitch mount, to yank a fork lift or scissor lift up it if the trailer is wet/snowy/etc. winch doesn't get shitty/rusty/stolen... no truck battery power necessary to use the winch. it's pretty sweet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
have to also love the BANG when getting going from a stop too on something with more tired surge brakes. make your neck fucking snap

the trailer im talking about is single axle and just doesn't have the weight to stay on the ground when empty. so you rattle your teeth.

it is a fucking sweet trailer though. im pretty sure my sxs would fit on it perfectly but i haven't tried it.

the trailer is a diamond plate tilt trailer that i put together a tongue box on, that has a battery, built in battery charger, and winch on a hitch mount to go on the trailer, on a welded on hitch mount, to yank a fork lift or scissor lift up it if the trailer is wet/snowy/etc. winch doesn't get shitty/rusty/stolen... no truck battery power necessary to use the winch. it's pretty sweet.
That too :rofl:

I miss towing and plowing. Fun stuff.

Fucking love this lil guy. Worth its weight in gold.

IMG_20200806_095317.jpg

1106191001a_HDR.jpg

1106191001_HDR.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
1st off, raptor's don't have factory brake controllers automatically :rofl:

second off, why wouldn't you want to "install" one... if you go the factory route, they are seamless, if you go aftermarket, 99% of the time they are plug and play...

real brake controller & electric trailer brakes for the mother fucking win.
I had brake controllers on my previous trucks. But I also towed with my Durango and H3 alpha. I didn’t want to add a brake controller to those vehicles since I didn’t own a car trailer. $60 uhaul rental with surge brakes did the job. By the time I had the Raptaco. I was already renting uhaul trailers and didn’t have the need for brake controller in the raptaco

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
FUCK
MICROSOFT
OUTLOOOOOOOOK

Im ready to toss my PC in a lake today because of fucking Skype. Trying to message people in the office and half of the messages arent being sent.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing.
Try "fixing" the App? Nothing.

So fucking stupid. Was working perfectly for months, now just decides to suck ass.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Im ready to toss my PC in a lake today because of fucking Skype. Trying to message people in the office and half of the messages arent being sent.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing.
Try "fixing" the App? Nothing.

So fucking stupid. Was working perfectly for months, now just decides to suck ass.
Switch to teams, I'm sure MS is going to let skype degrade rather than just ending it abruptly.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Thread Info