đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
jesus christ. Get to work at 7a. Wife calls an hour and a half later "there's water in the basement". All i'm thinking is "son of a bitch, I literally have the new sump and the backup sitting there waiting to go in, was going to do that on Friday". So I'm MF'ing myself the whole way home but whatever.

Rush home, little under an inch of water throughout the entire basement, but the sump is running. So I go out to look at the discharge pipe that I mentioned trenching out a couple weeks ago. Apparently the trench wasn't deep enough because the same shit happened once the ground saturated from the storms yesterday. Water built up on top of the discharge instead of flowing down the yard, and the pressure from the water was great enough that the discharge off the house backed up and just continuously poured water all over the dirt in that corner of the house. Dig the trench out nice and deep, water starts flowing, then it's time to get to work. LUCKILY it's garbage day. We've been meaning to clean the basement out forever, it's not bad but we have goodwill stuff, old stuff, some garbage etc. Take all the garbage out to the street and start moving shit and squeegeeing.

3 hours later i'm done and I'm actually not upset at all. Basement floor looks amazing and I got rid of a lot of shit we didn't need.

2 big fans and a dehumidifier are running right now.

The sump is still cycling on about every 5 minutes as a little water continues to flow in. It ran straight through for HOURS though. Fucking champ. Time to replace, it's done well

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Got a call from the MIL last night saying the well pump isn't working at the cottage we're planning on leaving for this afternoon. They had their old plumber come out and "take a look" but he said he doesn't know. I'm guessing he just said fuck it, he doesn't know so he doesn't have to deal with it. No other plumber can get there for 2-3 weeks. Oh and the rod for one of the toilet floats is broken, they needed to call a plumber for that too :roflpicard:

So I will be going up and trying to figure out the well pump at either 10-11pm tonight, or wait until morning...That's already on the laundry list of other "repairs" I have to do when I get up there....looking less and less like a vacation, and more and more like work :fu:

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Don't you guys have that stupid brief boxer that already has a fucking hole in it and you're always like, mhe I'll just use it this last time and I'll throw it away, but somehow you just don't care enough to remember to throw it away and the boxer makes itself back into the dirty pile again, and it becomes the never ending cycle? :mrss00ls: :poop:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Don't you guys have that stupid brief boxer that already has a fucking hole in it and you're always like, mhe I'll just use it this last time and I'll throw it away, but somehow you just don't care enough to remember to throw it away and the boxer makes itself back into the dirty pile again, and it becomes the never ending cycle? :mrss00ls: :poop:
Them are some of my most comfortable ones. Little extra breathing room for all three testicles.

• Haha
Reactions: GoldPanther

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Same, spent 90 minutes on the roof around lunchtime trying to find a leak in either the roof or a skylight. No dice on either and the heat (ambient, sun, reflective) wore the shit of me. Couldn't even kneel down (wearing jeans) or put my palm down with gloves on without the damn near catching on fire.

I need a nap now.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So....
CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57

All I see is

20200630_184347.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Well, my TENure with sears might be over. I've been quiet lately (and busy), while I've been on furlough (which has now been extended through Sep 8th), in which time, I've been hitting up everything under the sun for what I do, nationwide (Chicago, NYC, LA, Atlanta, Dallas just to name a few), with little results. With this pandemic, everyone is clamped down it seems. But I've been interviewing and am in the final stretch with a company in Glendale Heights. It IS a step back both in responsibilities and pay, but it's a growing, young company, to get my foot in the door and unlike the one I've been with that's in constant retreat mode and negative moral.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Thank you. I've been hemming and hawing on it for a couple days now. I guess I'm really hung up on the pay cut. But they can make up for it with other benefits I wasn't even getting at Sears (just due to the attrition and them taking them away over time). Today I had interview #2 (in their office).

Thread Info