🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nice, are you a coach? I rode solely with STT for a number of years, then started branching out in order to get more days at Putnam. I love that track.

Also not a huge fan of ACC or Grattan and those are a couple of STT's big hitters. I actually did the math last year...75% of STT's track days were at Tally, Barber, ACC, and Grattan

Almost, graduated HS in '06
Coach, no... except for a few times where the attendance was down so they mixed the groups and had any Advanced riders on track wear a jersey to act as coaches. They then let the coaches go ripping around the track, that was fun. Once they let us out so long that I ran through a full tank of fuel during the session. Sad that my little 600 gets low 40's on the street and at RA it gets about 16-17mpg, LOL.

I'm impartial on ACC. The North track is nice and flowing, the south track is more technical. Both cater to the 600's more than liter bikes. One time there was guy running a 'Busa and I lapped him, twice, in a single session. Just not meant for cornering, especially against a 600. Not enough room to open it up either.

For a while the surface on the south track was in horrible shape so I just stopped going there. They finally got some patching done and I went back. Surprisingly, for all the years I've gone to ACC I've never done the south track on its own. I have only done the north track on its own once, as a season opener. Every other time was full track, which includes my first ever track day. That was on a [almost] new 2004 ZX-10R with the shitty factory Dunlop 218's, in the rain, intermediate class. That was a real eye opener and butt clencher, HAHAHAHA.

I've actually never done Putnam, but I hear it is a fun track. Grattan was fun, but only went there once or twice. Works well for small displacement bikes like my current 600. ACC is the same. I can run ACC with just three gears. RA really beats the shit of my 600, lots of 100% throttle winding it out to 16,500 rpm. Gingerman I'll never go back to. That was a shit track. Huge seam gaps in the middle of the pavement causing your bike to upset. Almost no braking markers for all of the blind corners. Just didn't like it at all.

In the US I'd like to do a Barber, Laguna Seca, and maybe COTA before I hang up the leathers. I'm heading to Florida but Jennings doesn't have any days open at the end of the year, otherwise I'd take the bike down. I don't think Homestead has any two-wheel days either. Brainerd would have been great for the bucket list but with the advances in bike technology and speed it is too dangerous. Like they say, those tire barriers are getting awfully soft, from people running off track into them. I like the road courses more than the tracks, so Road America, Barber, Mosport, Road Atlanta, and Laguna are my favorites.

Then you have the world tracks/circuits. I'd run a liter bike at Spa if I could, maybe even the Green Hell.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
4 day weekend for turkey and used my last three personal days (use or lose) for Christmas and will be off from Dec 24 thru Jan 1st.
giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Coach, no... except for a few times where the attendance was down so they mixed the groups and had any Advanced riders on track wear a jersey to act as coaches. They then let the coaches go ripping around the track, that was fun. Once they let us out so long that I ran through a full tank of fuel during the session. Sad that my little 600 gets low 40's on the street and at RA it gets about 16-17mpg, LOL.

I'm impartial on ACC. The North track is nice and flowing, the south track is more technical. Both cater to the 600's more than liter bikes. One time there was guy running a 'Busa and I lapped him, twice, in a single session. Just not meant for cornering, especially against a 600. Not enough room to open it up either.

For a while the surface on the south track was in horrible shape so I just stopped going there. They finally got some patching done and I went back. Surprisingly, for all the years I've gone to ACC I've never done the south track on its own. I have only done the north track on its own once, as a season opener. Every other time was full track, which includes my first ever track day. That was on a [almost] new 2004 ZX-10R with the shitty factory Dunlop 218's, in the rain, intermediate class. That was a real eye opener and butt clencher, HAHAHAHA.

I've actually never done Putnam, but I hear it is a fun track. Grattan was fun, but only went there once or twice. Works well for small displacement bikes like my current 600. ACC is the same. I can run ACC with just three gears. RA really beats the shit of my 600, lots of 100% throttle winding it out to 16,500 rpm. Gingerman I'll never go back to. That was a shit track. Huge seam gaps in the middle of the pavement causing your bike to upset. Almost no braking markers for all of the blind corners. Just didn't like it at all.

In the US I'd like to do a Barber, Laguna Seca, and maybe COTA before I hang up the leathers. I'm heading to Florida but Jennings doesn't have any days open at the end of the year, otherwise I'd take the bike down. I don't think Homestead has any two-wheel days either. Brainerd would have been great for the bucket list but with the advances in bike technology and speed it is too dangerous. Like they say, those tire barriers are getting awfully soft, from people running off track into them. I like the road course more than the tracks, so Road America, Barber, Mosport, Road Atlanta, and Laguna are my favorites.

Then you have the world tracks/circuits. I'd run a liter bike at Spa if I could, maybe even the Green Hell.
I like road america because I actually get to shift, lol. I can cover all of ACC north in 2nd gear, i shift to 3rd but it's debatable whether it's actually needed. Putman isn't a huge track but i get to use 4th gear because it's a 160mph straight.

I don't really like small, technical tracks. I'd love to try barber or COTA one day, but that's just such a long drive.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I like road america because I actually get to shift, lol. I can cover all of ACC north in 2nd gear, i shift to 3rd but it's debatable whether it's actually needed. Putman isn't a huge track but i get to use 4th gear because it's a 160mph straight.

I don't really like small, technical tracks. I'd love to try barber or COTA one day, but that's just such a long drive.
When I ran my ZX-10R at RA I could snick into 6th on the front straight but would run out of room before I could stretch its legs. A 750 on that track would be good. A nice balance between a 600 and liter bike. I'm surprised no one ever came out with an 800 class to create solid middle step between the two. I'd have gotten one if they did. Wasn't interested in trying to big-bore kit a 750.

I'm still considering selling the 600 with all its associated track day stuff and get myself a Monster, like an S4Rs or 1200. My 600 is about 115hp/40lbs-ft of torque. The smaller Monsters have more torque, but less power. I will only "upgrade", so need to have more power and torque to bring to the party to consider it. I could still do an S4Rs for a track bike if I wanted, it is totally capable of it. Might even be easier on the smaller tracks since I'd have wider bars to throw the bike around. It's like when I go from my track bike to my cruiser. The lower center of gravity and wide bars cause me to toss it into corners more than I should. I scrape the floorboards and engine guard far too often.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
New job orentation is pretty good so far. Got almost everything just waiting to sign for work phone and my vehicle in DC. We got new Ford Explorers so I wonder if its the new body style or carry overs from previous gen. :dunno: Ill find out monday.

Fly home tomorrow back to ND going to a couple UND hockey games this weekend and then drive to DC Starting sunday.

Cant wait to get started out there.

Annnnnnnd Im super thankful Im getting 2 weeks of hotel expense covered while I nail down a place in DC thatll give me a little bit of time to find someplace. Ive got a bunch of places to check out but didnt want to sign sight unsee .

Also should have offers on my house today or tomorrow. Wife went to sign some disclosure paperwork about the history of the house yesturday. Would be excellent if that place is sold by thanksgiving!

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
GLADIATOR GLADIATOR have u fixed the heat on the VW? If not today’s weather is a good day to trade it in a new VW
It works sometimes which led me and my buddy to believe it’s a slow thermostat. I tried ordering and VW won’t have it until December. It’s a Fn rats nest to replace. No YouTube videos for this crap...ugh

how much you give me for badcarfaxbondopos hybrid jettA?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
New job orentation is pretty good so far. Got almost everything just waiting to sign for work phone and my vehicle in DC. We got new Ford Explorers so I wonder if its the new body style or carry overs from previous gen. :dunno: Ill find out monday.

Fly home tomorrow back to ND going to a couple UND hockey games this weekend and then drive to DC Starting sunday.

Cant wait to get started out there.

Annnnnnnd Im super thankful Im getting 2 weeks of hotel expense covered while I nail down a place in DC thatll give me a little bit of time to find someplace. Ive got a bunch of places to check out but didnt want to sign sight unsee .

Also should have offers on my house today or tomorrow. Wife went to sign some disclosure paperwork about the history of the house yesturday. Would be excellent if that place is sold by thanksgiving!

Work provided car. you really did pull the trigger on a pickup way too soon.

Thread Info