Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
2E9C2389-4F37-4E63-8D51-1CFF3B56CB07.jpeg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Bonuses are on freeze. Which means if they come back they'll probably be modified.

Oh looks.... 8 hr jobs just instantly took 8 hours to complete. ?

Some places never look that far in advance to help those who are making them money. Fuck them, if there's no bonuses for work getting through then I would take book time for everything if your pay isnt going to be affected...

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Bet if every job got done at book time, they'd frequently end up paying overtime to get everything finished. It's a simple analysis for them to do based on historical hours paid and hours billed, but they probably won't

Nope, they never think that far ahead, they say "we're paying how much in bonuses? Lets get rid of those!"

Reactions: DEEZUZ

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Nope, they never think that far ahead, they say "we're paying how much in bonuses? Lets get rid of those!"
That would be disappointing, but not surprising. I'd think at least one person would understand the impact on productivity.

We'll see though, we're all jumping to conclusions right now. But I'm with ALUX...if both the company and the mechanic get paid by book hours and you're paying me for 40/week regardless....then the company would also be billing 40/week off my labor. No more no less

Reactions: FESTER665

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is how that conversation goes with the execs, or at least how it would go in a very large company

Upper Manager A, likely in accounting, goes to the CEO and says "why do I have $x allocated to "fringe benefits" at the new plant but not the others?

CEO calls someone in Ops, say it's the COO, and asks them for the background. COO can't provide the details but is good at wordsmithing and gives an answer, then says he/she can review the bonus and eliminate if unnecessary. The CEO is appeased, which was the whole point of the response

COO then begins the process of adjusting or eliminating said bonuses, even if it's a very logical bonus program that shouldn't be changed, because it's a gold star next to his name in the eyes of the CEO.

In 5 years another COO will probably reimplement the same bonus program in order to boost productivity and revenue.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Who aerated for you, looking for someone to do mine

Did it myself, I rented the machine from Taylor Rental in 4B plaza.... Should have asked if you wanted to do yours, we could have split the rental price and knocked out both yards. Took me two hours to complete it, nothing crazy.

Mowed and bagged on the shortest setting Saturday, then yesterday did the aerating and overseeding. It was prefect because the rain we have overnight softened the ground and the machine ran through it no problem.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Used this seed for overseeding. I lose grass in a hurry in the summer because there being zero shade back there.... Thinking this blend will help since the sod I had put in a few years back was pure Kentucky Bluegrass.

Need to decide if I miss having shade back there, or hate raking leaves more. :bowrofl:

Thread Info