🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
All my track vids and lap time data was on there....good thing I uploaded the good stuff to YT already I guess
You can still recover it based on what.you are describing. It will just require taking the drive out and moving it to a working PC to pull the data off it.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You can still recover it based on what.you are describing. It will just require taking the drive out and moving it to a working PC to pull the data off it.
Good to know, ty. Problem is I only have the one personal laptop plus the wife and I each have work laptops. No PC, no spare personal computer. It's not a huge deal

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Good to know, ty. Problem is I only have the one personal laptop plus the wife and I each have work laptops. No PC, no spare personal computer. It's not a huge deal
Get a USB to sata adapter.(if it's a sata drive) (Verify what type of drive you have first since newest top end computer have NVME drives)

Then you take the drive out and plug the USB cable into the work laptop to copy/paste the data to a USB drive.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Yesterday was weird day. Up at 4am, dropped off gf at Midway went straight to work, left at 3 home 330 did some shit then napped while watching hamburger hill and platoon. Up at 7 ish. Foster came and got garage dog. Then fell asleep til midnight and barn and garage were all still open

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Quickly becoming the entire companies tech support. Getting calls daily from people I've never fucking met and never will to help them fix shit. Fuck you, i had to learn it on my own, hardly anything I learned from others. These people just pick up the phone and call call call... Fuck you
Didn't your company send you to several weeks of different trainings...for you to be taught...by others? And you went to doozil school...to yet again be taught by others.

• Haha
Reactions: boostedguy05

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I've yet to meet someone that says "i learned it on my own" that was actually self-taught. Most are just old as fuck and learned stuff from several others over a dismal 50 year career

You really think I took anything away from tech school? Literally almost nothing besides basic theory and operation. You think they were teaching me Powerstrokes and duramax? I was learning on 2 stroke Detroit and 80s engines, nothing new.

All the classes work had sent me too I barely took anything away from them and often ended up arguing with the instructor over shit.

It's complete bullshit, I shouldn't have to be helping anyone, they know how ouch is currently on my plate and they want to throw everyone else's issues at me? Fuuuuck no.

I literally spent countless hours at home on my own time researching and learning shit. Alot of trial and error at work.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You really think I took anything away from tech school? Literally almost nothing besides basic theory and operation. You think they were teaching me Powerstrokes and duramax? I was learning on 2 stroke Detroit and 80s engines, nothing new.

All the classes work had sent me too I barely took anything away from them and often ended up arguing with the instructor over shit.

It's complete bullshit, I shouldn't have to be helping anyone, they know how ouch is currently on my plate and they want to throw everyone else's issues at me? Fuuuuck no.

I literally spent countless hours at home on my own time researching and learning shit. Alot of trial and error at work.
why dont you open your own shop then

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Drives me crazy when I try to cross train people at work and they argue and dont want to because they think that means theyll lose their job.... No people, it simply means I can use you on a wider array of jobs and actually gives you more job security.
werd, but i expect to get paid more if I am working multple roles

Thread Info