đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I shoveled my driveway faster than that piece of shit moves!!
I wasn’t satisfied with the performance either. Checked sparkplug and will be replacing for peak efficiency:
94EF3D87-662B-4076-A0B6-20D2A56A58F2.jpeg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Well.. wfh today thanks to the snow. About 1”-2” on the ground. Went down to my office to work and there is water streaming from the bottom of the hot water heater. It’s 3 months outside of the 5 yr warranty of course. So drained it and starting to disconnect it. I could do this install myself but I Called a couple plumbers too see the cost because I’m not in the mood for this shit and I’m already working on the laundry room.

Also just realized this fucker will be a pain to get out of the basement. Uuugh. my dad is too damn old to help move this thing and my most everyone is over an hour away. BIL is like 20 mins away and dude works out but is too neat freak prissy to get dirty and don’t want to deal with his ass.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Well.. wfh today thanks to the snow. About 1”-2” on the ground. Went down to my office to work and there is water streaming from the bottom of the hot water heater. It’s 3 months outside of the 5 yr warranty of course. So drained it and starting to disconnect it. I could do this install myself but I Called a couple plumbers too see the cost because I’m not in the mood for this shit and I’m already working on the laundry room.

Also just realized this fucker will be a pain to get out of the basement. Uuugh. my dad is too damn old to help move this thing and my most everyone is over an hour away. BIL is like 20 mins away and dude works out but is too neat freak prissy to get dirty and don’t want to deal with his ass.
Where you at?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Mchenry..

wife called HD to get a quote and it was $2600. ? I called a couple local plumbers to see the cost. Really Leary of HD installers because they will require BS upgrades and safety shit extreme. Local guys will not give a fuck.
Gotta be someone out that way to toss you a hand if you do it yourself.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
drain the living fuck out of it. Back in my scrapping days you'd have ones that would be on the curb half full of water and you knew they dragged them out of a basement.

Yeah it’s been draining with the pressure valve open. We have a scrapper guy that I’ll have to talk to. He will probably take it out of the basement. I got a bunch of shit for him.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Wife is insisting on having HD do it because she will open a man HD card with the 0% interest on this. Just when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel from the sewer pipe collapse we get into this. Ohh well. We shall see how many safety upgrades will be required for this shit.

There are some old asbestos tiles on the ceiling about 5ft away I need to get rid of. Guessing they will shit bricks immediately and refuse install but I’ll make sure they bring the new one downstairs before they leave.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Once empty, they weigh almost nothing.

Cough* 150 lbs * cough

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Mchenry..

wife called HD to get a quote and it was $2600. ? I called a couple local plumbers to see the cost. Really Leary of HD installers because they will require BS upgrades and safety shit extreme. Local guys will not give a fuck.

Isn't $2600 super expensive for a hot water heater? I thought most 55 gal ones are $800ish

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Also probably neevr serviced. And what's the water quality there?
On a 40fr shallow well. just a sediment filter then into a softener so it’s hard water. I checked all the original install documents the old lady had and there is no anode or anything in this so not surprised it went to shit. The “plumber” she used believed rubber connectors on everything was quality work… lol

Thread Info