Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Execs: "health and safety of the workforce is our #1 priority"
Also execs: *financially incentivize people to come in to work sick*

I get that they can't give sick time carte blanche but c'mon
also, we've catered in tons of pizza, and don't give you a monthly stip for a gym membership or workout app.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
And work just released new covid protocol. No more 5 days off. If you are sick you have to use your sick/ pto days.

We only get 3 sick days.
My work has been doing this since late 2020, guy I know got covid, they took all his sick days and about a week of his vacation.

I told my co-workers sorry if I’m sick I’m coming in even if I’m dying, they are not gonna steal my vacation time.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Execs: "health and safety of the workforce is our #1 priority"
Also execs: *financially incentivize people to come in to work sick*

I get that they can't give sick time carte blanche but c'mon

EBB25657-BB54-44AB-BE5D-D24E4B489FF8.gif

I will never have covid again cause I will never get tested again idgaf

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My work has been doing this since late 2020, guy I know got covid, they took all his sick days and about a week of his vacation.

I told my co-workers sorry if I’m sick I’m coming in even if I’m dying, they are not gonna steal my vacation time.
It's particularly obtuse for boostedguy because he works in an office, so i'm sure remote is totally an option if the company would embrace it.

For people that can't WFH I think a week of sicktime should suffice plus 3-4 weeks of vacation depending on years of service, no carryover but you get a bonus for unused sick days at EOY. At least that's where I'd start if I owned a manufacturing business.

Reactions: IZZy and Jon01

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
It's particularly obtuse for boostedguy because he works in an office, so i'm sure remote is totally an option if the company would embrace it.

For people that can't WFH I think a week of sicktime should suffice plus 3-4 weeks of vacation depending on years of service, no carryover but you get a bonus for unused sick days at EOY. At least that's where I'd start if I owned a manufacturing business.
I think he is between the warehouse and an office a ton though, so it's not easy for him to be WFH for long stretches, unless I don't know exactly what he does....

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I think he is between the warehouse and an office a ton though, so it's not easy for him to be WFH for long stretches, unless I don't know exactly what he does....

Only reason I can't work from home is were simply not set up for it.

2020 when everything was closed, we were given laptops to remote log into our desktop pc. And were still that way. If we needed to work from home, there has to be a pc here for you to remote log into.

Reactions: FESTER665

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Only reason I can't work from home is were simply not set up for it.

2020 when everything was closed, we were given laptops to remote log into our desktop pc. And were still that way. If we needed to work from home, there has to be a pc here for you to remote log into.

WTF kind of 1990s backwards ass shit is that?

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Had a weird weird dream about my ex-GF from 30 years ago last night. I had checked in the past and she is not on any social media. Today, I felt like I needed to search. I googled her name and she comes up in her sisters obituary. The sister just passed away a couple of months ago. From there I found her daughter’s name who has FB. She just got engaged and posted a pic of her family with her mom, my ex-GF. She’s a GILF now but still wood…two timing bitch.

Interested George Clooney GIF

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Had a weird weird dream about my ex-GF from 30 years ago last night. I had checked in the past and she is not on any social media. Today, I felt like I needed to search. I googled her name and she comes up in her sisters obituary. The sister just passed away a couple of months ago. From there I found her daughter’s name who has FB. She just got engaged and posted a pic of her family with her mom, my ex-GF. She’s a GILF now but still wood…two timing bitch.

Interested George Clooney GIF
You have issues sir

Thread Info