đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm super conflicted with this.

Like joo know how many times I thought about having someone do shit for me then I back out.

Like t56 the first time. I'm glad I opened it up and rebuilt it.

Trans for the f250... I hmmd and hawd for 3 years... Tore it down myself.
As you get older/wiser you will realize some shit is worth paying for. My younger days, I wanted to and did tackle everything and anything project related in the house and on my vehicles. Now there are some things that I know I can do. But waiting on someone to help if I need help, the toll its going to take on my body and the time its going to take me to do it. Fuck it, I'd rather pay someone.

My main bathroom we remodeled about 15yrs ago and so its due to be remodeled again. I'm very capable of doing it all, and will do probably 75% of the work myself. But I will pay someone to hang the tile on the wall and tape the drywall. I'll do all the demo, hang the drywall and will install the floor tile myself. But have no desire at all to hang the tile on the walls and tape the drywall. Been there and done that numerous times lol.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Conrad’s new kitchen. Thought I’d keep you guys updated since I locked his thread.

View attachment 129438
View attachment 129439
I actually don’t have any full pics of the kitchen. Here’s the island and pantry though (neither are 100% complete)

C7BC0DB7-5692-464C-A2B3-B0BAF790A125.jpeg

3BEC3D18-57F7-4647-B5EB-23519932E864.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I actually don’t have any full pics of the kitchen. Here’s the island and pantry though (neither are 100% complete)

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

i fantasize about redoing my kitchen, and then i realize it would have nowhere near the impact it did on last house comparatively and i go back to changing diapers.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Your house is like 5 years old lol, kitchen looks good from what I remember

i think it's built in 07 iirc?

but i think the kitchen was partially redid in 2016?

they just didn't do as nice of a job as my last house we did.

super not-noticeable typically shit, like i hate how the trim ends, i wish my fridge wasn't next to my oven so fucking bad... the microwave is too close to the cooktop heightwise.

just dumb shit.

last house i concentrated so fucking hard on making it make sense for how small the house was that it turned out awesome.

this house they tried to just update what was there, which they did, and was likely budget friendly, but it's not perfect.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So much work surface available. Hope you're ready for huge gatherings.
For sure, we wanted the kitchen/dining/living rooms to be super convenient, open and accessible for groups.

You could have the coolest hangout area ever, but it won't matter if it's far from the kitchen. If you have a big gathering everyone will centralize in the kitchen and radiate from there as space requires. Kinda weird to me but that's just how humans work I guess

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i think it's built in 07 iirc?

but i think the kitchen was partially redid in 2016?

they just didn't do as nice of a job as my last house we did.

super not-noticeable typically shit, like i hate how the trim ends, i wish my fridge wasn't next to my oven so fucking bad... the microwave is too close to the cooktop heightwise.

just dumb shit.

last house i concentrated so fucking hard on making it make sense for how small the house was that it turned out awesome.

this house they tried to just update what was there, which they did, and was likely budget friendly, but it's not perfect.

1660745067748.png

yeah. this was tits. those counters i especially miss. they were so awesome. polished granite blows. it never seems CLEAN. those you couldn't tell if they were dirty or clean or anything just looked badass and took whatever the fuck you did to em

also my cabinets/drawers/etc were SO much nicer quality than current house. shoooot.

all that trim work is out of solid wood too. fuuuuck it was nice. just crazy money though. can't imagine today's prices for that shit.

also id do wood floors again, i loved them.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If you have a big gathering everyone will centralize in the kitchen and radiate from there as space allows. Kinda weird to me but that's just how humans work I guess
So true, when we have a SB party or any gathering when the weather isnt ideal to be outside.
Everyone tries to hang out in our kitchen which isnt big at all. I have a basement with a big family room and a bar, upstairs out front room is decently sized with a big TV. But nope everyone wants to flock to the kitchen.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
my last house had the typical "great room", basically a rectangle that was 1/3rd kitchen then dining room table then couch/TV.

When we had 15+ people over they'd all stand around the small island and counters in the kitchen. If I was sitting on the couch that was 15' from the island I was the outcast

So weird

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
current house this was when previous owners bought it from when it was quintessential 2006-08 ish model home.

1660745200158.png

1660745210600.png

and what they turned it into, thank god. i just don't think what id want to do money/cost wise would pan out to improving the value at all and my cheapass can't bite that off.

1660745260663.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i could reuse all the appliances though.. and the monster pantry wall could totally stay as is so that'd eliminate some new cabinets.

id do a better island that didn't have cabinets on the side that you sit on and was longer and narrower and tighter to the cooking area.

id raise the upper cabinets.

id get the fridge the fuck away from the oven cuz that annoys me so fucking much

new floors cuz the pattern makes no sense and irritates me.

maybe a beverage fridge in the island, that'd be tits.

id do a legit rangehood over the cooktop cuz microwave rangehoods blow.

id do a large single sink int he corner and possibly a small one in the island also. #doublesinks

Thread Info