đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
My son’s GF is in town from her European job to visit him and her family. She is from a small town in Iowa. We were having dinner and started talking about gas prices. My son jokes how the wifer and I use gas buddy to get the best price. There is only one gas station in her hometown, a Casey’s. And then she said it: “ I can’t wait to go back home and have a Casey’s Breakfast Pizza!”

giphy.gif

I love gas buddy. I just used it Sunday and Monday to fill up two of our cars at our local Thornton’s. The discount turned out to be 14cents a gallon. Both times. I think that’s the most I’ve noticed since using the card about 15 months ago.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
actually retire without disability checks and govt cheese
I just dont understand this thinking, maybe because I come from the system and I see friends playing the system living better than some Husband/Wife both working full time jobs. You and I and everyone else that works pays into this system for the lazy fucks that dont work. I've legit had some sort of tax paying job since I was 16. I 100% want whats mine and parts of what I put into that system. If I were out of work today, I'd be applying for welfare at 7am tomorrow. Give me all that Govt cheese and then some.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just dont understand this thinking, maybe because I come from the system and I see friends playing the system living better than some Husband/Wife both working full time jobs. You and I and everyone else that works pays into this system for the lazy fucks that dont work. I've legit had some sort of tax paying job since I was 16. I 100% want whats mine and parts of what I put into that system. If I were out of work today, I'd be applying for welfare at 7am tomorrow. Give me all that Govt cheese and then some.

I just need to figure out better ways to work the system. My sister has been milking it her entire adult life and its so fucking irritating when you're busting your ass and getting ahead a little at a time paying bills and shit, then you're hosting a family gathering so your sister says "I'll handle groceries" and hands you a fucking link card with like $1000 credit on it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I just need to figure out better ways to work the system. My sister has been milking it her entire adult life and its so fucking irritating when you're busting your ass and getting ahead a little at a time paying bills and shit, then you're hosting a family gathering so your sister says "I'll handle groceries" and hands you a fucking link card with like $1000 credit on it.

When the schools were shut down they gave us link cards. No way of opting out either. We got $250 per kid per month for food.

Didn't need it, but if they are gonna force it on me, I'm gonna use it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I love gas buddy. I just used it Sunday and Monday to fill up two of our cars at our local Thornton’s. The discount turned out to be 14cents a gallon. Both times. I think that’s the most I’ve noticed since using the card about 15 months ago.
Same. But ever since I started getting gas at Costco I don’t search around for the lowest percent. But I’ll will consistently report the prices of all the available grades if I do stop somewhere else.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
if you tell them its a project/hobby car, I dont see why they would need all that.

They will probably insure it for its "value", then after it is done, you get it re-assessed so it covers all your upgrades too and not just the stock car value.

They just emailed back that they want to see the car at least 75% complete to take out a policy on it.

Sounds like once I get the engine bay done I can call that 75% at that time and try for a policy then. Kinda wanted to cover everything a little more in case anything happened prior to that point but it is what it is.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Dont get married is step #1, then you learn as you go lol. I've got friends living high on the hog just sponging off the Govt.
When the schools were shut down they gave us link cards. No way of opting out either. We got $250 per kid per month for food.

Didn't need it, but if they are gonna force it on me, I'm gonna use it.
Shit, shoulda said something. I coulda got you $200 for each $250 card.

Reactions: IZZy and frank

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Dont get married is step #1, then you learn as you go lol. I've got friends living high on the hog just sponging off the Govt.

I cant even find a girlfriend so I got that part covered. :bowrofl:

Everything Ive ever seen though basically says "you make too much money, go away...."

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

It was reloaded every month per kid. Each kid had their own card. I just bought better steaks and a shit ton of snacks. Shit, it stopped like 4 months ago and we still have a card with 200 on it.

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Make less, get more.

GIF by Next Level Chef

It's just like every fiber of my being keeps saying "do more work, get paid more!" but it's exhausting seeing people do less on purpose to keep the benefits coming in. My sister used to work part time on purpose so she wouldn't make too much money. SMH.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
It's just like every fiber of my being keeps saying "do more work, get paid more!" but it's exhausting seeing people do less on purpose to keep the benefits coming in. My sister used to work part time on purpose so she wouldn't make too much money. SMH.
It's frustrating here too but I seriously stopped paying attention to most of it.

I am not free of charity and got to where I am by a helping hand or too, so in no way am I claiming self made. But fuck.

Reactions: FESTER665

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The moral conundrum. Banks, lending institutions, everyone was forbearing payments. Fucking eviction moratoriums. Student loans are STILL on forbearance.

Do I keep being a good little cuck and pay or do I just say fuck it I want my fucking pie, too, along with all these lazy cocksuckers getting free money from the government and just take all that money and buy the shit I want instead of bills.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The moral conundrum. Banks, lending institutions, everyone was furloughing payments. Fucking eviction moratoriums. Student loans are STILL furloughed.

Do I keep being a good little cuck and pay or do I just say fuck it I want my fucking pie, too, along with all these lazy cocksuckers getting free money from the government and just take all that money and buy the shit I want instead of bills.

Exactly where I always get stuck.

Half the time when we get gifts from my sister my joke is "thanks for the gift, lets see what my taxes bought me!" :bowrofl:

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The moral conundrum. Banks, lending institutions, everyone was furloughing payments. Fucking eviction moratoriums. Student loans are STILL furloughed.

when navient switched to aiadvantage* (*navient 2.0).... my dept of edu went from 50k to 19k.... just cause :dunno:

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
View attachment 110434

Raise officially hit the check. Highest paid wrench of the entire company even more than some managers with 35 years in. Come fuck with me
If they only knew how much time you wasted on here and how much more productive you could be.

Thread Info