đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Just got sent email from Eternal that they will not be needing my two week notice and officially terminated me today. When I get back from Mexico, I have a full week off before I start new gig…FTMFW

Yup. Super common when they are pissed.

I have always debated not giving 2 weeks just so they can't get the last laugh like they have in your case

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Yup. Super common when they are pissed.

I have always debated not giving 2 weeks just so they can't get the last laugh like they have in your case
Would your work give you a 2 week notice if they were going to let you go? Nope!

5 days is more then a enough notice, unless your new company give your a nice bonus to start asap, then you just walk out.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Just got sent email from Eternal that they will not be needing my two week notice and officially terminated me today. When I get back from Mexico, I have a full week off before I start new gig…FTMFW

That’s super common. I assume they paid you the full 2 weeks?

My last employer did that as well and we parted on great terms. I gave my 2 weeks and at the end of the first week my boss said we will just end that Friday and they would pay me out the full amount.

Normally HR in the corporate world doesn’t like you to have access to everything knowing ur on your way out. So you don’t send stupid emails to suppliers or anything if your disgruntled.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I am getting paid through today only. While I was on the beach my lazy POS boss sent me a shitty Message through FB messenger. Basically saying he got me the job and I owed him a heads up and should of told him I wasn’t happy. Call him as soon as I get back from my vacation. I LOLd, showed it to da wife and then he retracted the message. He was prolly drunk. What a DB…

Reactions: Rent Free

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I am getting paid through today only. While I was on the beach my lazy POS boss sent me a shitty Message through FB messenger. Basically saying he got me the job and I owed him a heads up and should of told him I wasn’t happy. Call him as soon as I get back from my vacation. I LOLd, showed it to da wife and then he retracted the message. He was prolly drunk. What a DB…
Is FB Messenger the company’s official method of communication? If not, block the asshat, or report him. Too bad it was deleted.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That’s shitty. Normally if they kick you out early they still pay for the 2 weeks

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
B double e r run
Beer run

20211127_084532.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yea I would still report that. I am shocked HR would be on board letting you go early and not paying you the full time. Managers can be huge dicks, but normally big corporate HR is the equalizer.
I need to read my contract when I get home. I think they want to stiff me on my stock option. My coworker that left a year ago also had issues with them. I don’t think he got his company stocks.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I feel a sense of relief now that I am done there.

Consider checking in with HR on the last two weeks pay.

Also, ask the HR rep to confirm your employee record states you are leaving via “voluntary” termination as compared to “involuntary”.

Your Boss is a piece of work.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012

Also, ask the HR rep to confirm your employee record states you are leaving via “voluntary” termination as compared to “involuntary”.

Totally agree with this. I've seen good folks get boned by shithead bosses and their exit paperwork.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

Owner’s wife is the HR for the company. That’s prolly how they want to stiff me by saying they terminated me.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Sounds like you wasted too much time there thinking they would take care of you…..

Wonder if I’m doing the same. :unsure:
There is no loyalty anymore in corpo America, you are a number and will get treated as such, I treat them the same I give 0 fucks go in do my job and go home.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Owner’s wife is the HR for the company. That’s prolly how they want to stiff me by saying they terminated me.

Doesn’t matter if Michelle Obama is the HR rep for the company.

You want in writing that your termination was “voluntary”

and you want that money

They are banking on you leaving quietly, don’t give them that satisfaction.

Thread Info