💬 Off Topic ðŸ¥± Officially new Official Bored Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i am.

i feel like a truck hit me.

garmin watch said i had 15,000 steps on saturday and I never left the house.

closing was easy breasy cover girl. my lawyer and seller's lawyer are buddy's so it was even fun in a sense. also two of the smartest fuckers ive met and it's awesome to hear them rattle off shit.

after closing, wife and i hit up local breakfast joint that has cocktails cuz fuck we needed one. then the mayhem began. we had volunteers willing to help us move in but we got to a point where it was like fuck we need to unpack before we move anything else in. moving with a super active 9 month old is complicated because it's like holy fuck we can't just toss her in the corner, it's like fuck we gotta get her crib and shit setup NOW.

ate like DEEZUZ DEEZUZ all weekend and luckily didn't gain any weight. so muuuch work to do but it feels so good to be in. like a serious weight lifted just knowing it's ours. the market (everywhere of course) is just so batshit i dont know what we'd have done if something went awry and we missed out on our house.

silly shit with the house over the weekend that you just dont know til you live in it... front bathroom that we use for my daughter didn't have hot water coming out of the shower/tub... i dont think this shower/tub was ever used... ever. the shower "handle" wouldn't go to hot- you can set them behind the trim for a "stop-limit" and yeah this shit was set to like 62*...

the dishwasher is some fucking gnarly double drawer setup but we can't figure out how to run both levels at the same time? and i legit dont understand why you would want dueling levels for a dishwasher. just silly shit. but everythings going fucking awesome.

slept in my bed for the first time in over a month on friday night and slept so fucking good.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My son helped his buddy move into the top floor of a three flat in the Northside on Saturday. He asked me to pick him up. I ended up helping them move everything. The two flights of stairs fucked us both up. We bought passed out when we got back home. It’s been so long that I can’t imagine moving a whole house’s contents...yikes!

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My son helped his buddy move into the top floor of a three flat in the Northside on Saturday. He asked me to pick him up. I ended up helping them move everything. The two flights of stairs fucked us both up. We bought passed out when we got back home. It’s been so long that I can’t imagine moving a whole house’s contents...yikes!
Fuck that, I would have told him to hire movers, or college kids with it going to the 3rd floor. I've always been "that guy" that was the first person called to help friends/family move because they all know I have access to the correct equipment and trucks. I very rarely said no as it always turns in to a party of some sorts lol. In my 20's and early 30's, I would do paid side jobs moving ($30hr cash). Sometimes 2 a day both Saturday and Sunday. $1000-$1500 cash weekends were very nice. Now a days, I pick and choose who I will help depending on what/where they are moving out and in to. Also pending how many people they have helping. I tell them straight up, you better have 4-5 other men capable of lifting shit, or I'm not coming. Those days of nobody showing up and me doing all the hard shit are over with lol.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
They are never fully packed and never ready I’m not packing your crap u will never move
This is the big thing. If you're asking for help from friends to move you better only expect them to load packed shit in to a uhaul or trailer, and unload it in to your garage or living room. None of this "oh this in that room, that goes here, oh help me clean this table off so we can load it up". Literally gfy.

My SIL tried this shit when she got divorced and moved, i show up and nothing is done, so I told her to let me know when the boxes are packed and ready go to. Went back home, lol (she lived right down the street)

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Fuck that, I would have told him to hire movers, or college kids with it going to the 3rd floor. I've always been "that guy" that was the first person called to help friends/family move because they all know I have access to the correct equipment and trucks. I very rarely said no as it always turns in to a party of some sorts lol. In my 20's and early 30's, I would do paid side jobs moving ($30hr cash). Sometimes 2 a day both Saturday and Sunday. $1000-$1500 cash weekends were very nice. Now a days, I pick and choose who I will help depending on what/where they are moving out and in to. Also pending how many people they have helping. I tell them straight up, you better have 4-5 other men capable of lifting shit, or I'm not coming. Those days of nobody showing up and me doing all the hard shit are over with lol.

Yup. We're all grown adults now, if you need shit moved, hire movers. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
1535D694-CD5C-4FF1-A731-290CAE883777.jpeg

Did brakes on the Escape on Saturday, it was fucking windy though. Shop towels and shit blowing away into the neighbors yard... :bowrofl:

Reactions: Aircal

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
They were three former college athletes and one old balls. I started taking up the little shit and quickly learned the two flights of stairs would be my demise.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
doesn't that thing have like 14 miles on it how the fuck does it need brakes?

or is this #BECAUSEFORD

They weren't terrible, just wanted to do them before taking it on the road trip at the end of the month to the Black Hills. I'm sure I could've easily gotten through this year with them, but just wanted to do them now.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Luckily my friends/family pool has literally cut itself on half over the last few years...

Fewer people fewer favors
I 100% believe in "a small circle is the best circle".
I have hundreds of friends, but my circle consists of 5 dudes I've known 25+yrs. We been thru the best of times and the worst of times and although we might not talk every single day. I'm 10000% sure they would take a bullet for me, keep their mouths shut if shit hit the fan, look out for my family if I passed away or had to go give the State a few years of my life or any other situation that arises and its vice versa. Truly ride or die type of dudes.

Thread Info