đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You know you have made it when there is a shitter at work dedicate to you only

We took over an additional building space in our complex, and I originally thought the owner would move over to this office to have the solo bathroom, but she said she wanted the larger office and to be closer to the office girls and that I could take it....

Didnt have to tell me twice. :bowrofl:

• Haha
Reactions: boostedguy05

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I miss factory remote start. Fuck.

does your new rig have an aftermarket system?

im contemplating something for my dadvan... there are systems that are plug and play, hit lock 3x and it starts- they are super cheap for newer F150s and work super solid. i think it's the same setup for older gm shit

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Factory remote starts are nothing to brag about IMO.

the highlanders factory remote start was so horrible the dealer told us not to get it. Shit range, literally like 25 feet.

I went with a plug and play unit, range is OK, but once you open any door it shuts off engine. Something with Toyota.

An after market system would avoid that.

SHO is not that great either. Almost have to be direct sight...

My 2 prestige systems on super duty and gtp were absolutely flawless. Best range, best settings, best everything.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
New whip has nothing, wife’s Tahoe has aftermarket. Sure it starts the vehicle but doesn’t adjust any settings so whatever hvac is at is where it’s at. No heated seats controlling either.

caprice would click on defrost, heated mirrors and adjust hvac for temp then blast the fuck out of the window to defrost.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Viper on my Duramax and Megan's Jeep were/are awesome. Just click it somewhere nearby within ~300ft and it works.

Remote start on my Raptor you have to be in line of sight for it to work. Granted, if I'm LOS, it will work across the parking lot ~150ft. If not, good fucking luck so the range really only works ~10ft away most of the time. Factory remote starts are nice because you only have one fob but fucking suck otherwise.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Factory remote starts are nothing to brag about IMO.

the highlanders factory remote start was so horrible the dealer told us not to get it. Shit range, literally like 25 feet.

I went with a plug and play unit, range is OK, but once you open any door it shuts off engine. Something with Toyota.

An after market system would avoid that.

SHO is not that great either. Almost have to be direct sight...

My 2 prestige systems on super duty and gtp were absolutely flawless. Best range, best settings, best everything.

yeaaaaaaaa he was just trying to sell a highlander he had in stock that didn't have remote start :rofl:

my truck's works super well. or if im feeling like a baller i can just activate the phone shit again and my truck will start from however far away i am.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
yeaaaaaaaa he was just trying to sell a highlander he had in stock that didn't have remote start :rofl:

my truck's works super well. or if im feeling like a baller i can just activate the phone shit again and my truck will start from however far away i am.

No not at all, yota had 5 different flavors of the XLE. they literally had business cards of a near by remote start place.

They got so tired of being bitched out by customers for a shit system

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Honda needs remote start sooner rather than later methinks

Factory remote start is only worth it if you can start it through an app IMO. Dad150 had that and it was great. My taurus factory remote start was LOS and only worked half the time, legit sucked

My wife's lexus you could start it through an app, but same thing as alex said, it shut off if you open a door. Weird but not a big deal

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Honda needs remote start sooner rather than later methinks

Factory remote start is only worth it if you can start it through an app IMO. Dad150 had that and it was great. My taurus factory remote start was LOS and only worked half the time, legit sucked

My wife's lexus you could start it through an app, but same thing as alex said, it shut off if you open a door. Weird but not a big deal

how much was it for the dad150?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
here
WFW

Remote start is nice... steering wheel is warm when I get in. Although, the calibration for "heat" is not that great.
It will be 55* in the AM and the truck will blast the heat. Why is it like a sauna in here ? WTF

OR when I want A/C but it's 64* and the truck blows warm air @ the 70* setting because it's "cold" outside.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, my 07 Silverado's calibration is a bit funky. It'll be 65-70° and I'll hit the remote start just to let it run for a few seconds before I leave and the AC will be on full blast. What I do like is that it will kick on the electric fans to get the AC temp down cold while sitting still. When the heat kicks on it will also kick on the seat/back warmers. It's all factory since it is the LTZ package.

Range isn't that great. LOS might be about 250' on a good day, if I have elevation. I think the antenna is in the driver's side C pillar, right up against the metal, which doesn't help reception at all. Would be better if they integrated it into the shark fin for the satellite radio antenna.

Did an aftermarket in the g/f's Honda Fit and that fucker has like a 1/4 mile range. The only problem is that the park & run feature doesn't work right. While it's running you can click it a few times then pull the key and it keeps running. However when you get out you can't lock the door. I think it's something with the programming.

Thread Info