đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I've was put on furlough April 4th. I started my new job at another company on July 27th. I had not said anything to them, based on the emails they were sending that said "if we don't call you back, and you're eligible for severance, we'll pay you out. So I've been playing the severance game with them. I honestly wasn't expecting them to call me back whatsoever. I honestly think it's a ploy to weed out those of us who have moved on.

I wouldn't trust the signature on the check. Probably signed by Alfred E. Nueman.
Yeah they're probably trying to get you off the severance list. So if you decline, will you get no severance whatsoever?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Zero chance he's gonna get a contract lol, that's super rare

my BIL ran his own import business for fasteners, same line of work at Spivitz Spivitz . was a one man operation in the states, but had 5-10 people in china operating his exporting. when Obama pushed through his Obama care, my BIL was screwed because BCBS dropped him, and he had to get a different plan that ended up costing his twice as much. then he was hit with a ton of additional taxes for importing that almost killed him. he ended up selling his company to a larger company, with a sales manager contract for x years, with the clause, if they termed him during that, he was still paid the full contract.

well, 3 years into the contract, they termed him, paid him out, then paid him additional to not compete.

that let him retire early in his 50's

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
my BIL ran his own import business for fasteners, same line of work at Spivitz Spivitz . was a one man operation in the states, but had 5-10 people in china operating his exporting. when Obama pushed through his Obama care, my BIL was screwed because BCBS dropped him, and he had to get a different plan that ended up costing his twice as much. then he was hit with a ton of additional taxes for importing that almost killed him. he ended up selling his company to a larger company, with a sales manager contract for x years, with the clause, if they termed him during that, he was still paid the full contract.

well, 3 years into the contract, they termed him, paid him out, then paid him additional to not compete.

that let him retire early in his 50's
That's common when you sell your own company to someone, not common when you were just a regular salaried joe working for big corpo. Company owners have equity and therefore leverage, salaried employees have nothing

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
While I am pleased that they want my services, I think I'm just first on a list of 50 people that were in our group, that they can go to next should I decline.

It's not like I am the only person that can do what I did there. Yea, I have experience and knew many of the in's/out's of our processes/systems/etc, that isn't important to them, just a body to do the job. And truth be told (I just got off the phone with someone there), the place is in complete shambles in terms of processes, needs, wants, deliverables. So having my structured experience, isn't paramount.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That makes two of us. I honestly figured that they'd never actually call me back to work. I was just waiting for the automated email saying "we no longer need you, you will see mail come, sign papers and return..."

They were dead years ago. Little trivia, over the last Christmas period, you know, where retailers go black in their fiscal year, did any of you see any ads on TV for Sears?

The answer should be no, it was planned that way. And they wonder why sales tanked. Gotta break eggs to make an omelette.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think I posted on here (back when I was working there...), how in our online business, if someone ordered an appliance and we didn't have it in stock in any of our store network, we were to cancel the order because we weren't going to go buy it from the vendor, due to vendors not wanting to do business with us, us not having the cash to do it, etc...

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Feel real bad for kids dealing with this. They're doing part time in-person class where I live, and it's just not enough. Send the kids back

private schools are in person here.

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Feel real bad for kids dealing with this. They're doing part time in-person class where I live, and it's just not enough. Send the kids back
My Wifes sister (100% scumbag) has 6 or 7 kids with 2-3 different baby daddies, shit one of them might be my brothers. But thats a different story lol. She has 3 kids doing the home school or whatever its called. Now mind you they are like 5, 6 and 7, so I cant imagine the work is that hard. Her Baby Daddy is laid off from the Carpenters Union (an apprentice being laid off, so that should say a lot about that POS). Anyway they literally let their 3 kids drop out of school. Both of them said they dont understand it, so noway they can help their kids. So until they go back to a classroom, her kids arent doing shit. How do you not understand K-2nd grade work????

Thread Info