Oct 5, 2012
When are you leaving for Tn?

3am Thursday

giphy.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Sciatica is STILL bugging me bad, so decided to park the GTI and drive the Accord we have sitting around, thinking maybe driving stick is what keeps aggravating it. No AC, but it's nice outside so figured windows down....well the headliner picked this drive to almost completely disintegrate...foam shit flying everywhere, getting in my eyes. So windows closed no AC, FML. Need to get this sciatica bullshit over with. Don't know what I'm doing to keep it around, but I'm getting treatments, doing my exercises, stretching, icing and heating, advil regimen, and even resorting to those icy hot patches...can't get this thing to quiet down...I DO NOT want to get surgery and am a hard no on narcotics...I don't know if a cortisone shot would help, but I've heard that's a common treatment...

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Sciatica is STILL bugging me bad, so decided to park the GTI and drive the Accord we have sitting around, thinking maybe driving stick is what keeps aggravating it. No AC, but it's nice outside so figured windows down....well the headliner picked this drive to almost completely disintegrate...foam shit flying everywhere, getting in my eyes. So windows closed no AC, FML. Need to get this sciatica bullshit over with. Don't know what I'm doing to keep it around, but I'm getting treatments, doing my exercises, stretching, icing and heating, advil regimen, and even resorting to those icy hot patches...can't get this thing to quiet down...I DO NOT want to get surgery and am a hard no on narcotics...I don't know if a cortisone shot would help, but I've heard that's a common treatment...
When you say "treatments", what are you having done, any chiropractic?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, chiropractor for now...might need to jump to actual physical therapy
I had sciatica really bad back in the mid 90's from my job (at the time). The only position/action that relieved the pain was leaning against a wall and pushing, like trying to push a car, but not that bent over. It was agonizing. Finally relented and went to a chiro, for my first time. He didn't do a whole lot, which reinforced my ideals at the time that they were worthless.

Then found a new chiro based off of recommendations and in six weeks the sciatica was gone, and has yet to return. And let me tell you, my spine is a hot mess. Was 3x a week for the first week, then 2x a week for a few weeks, then once a week.

Now I only go as needed, like when I sneeze while tucking in my shirt and blow out my back (did this last year), lol. Though I currently have a "stuck" left SI joint that is about 90% back to normal after three weeks and four visits. Finding a good chiro is key. Knowing how far to push it and how frequently is important. I'll go again at the end of this week to get it that last 10%, just glad I'm functional again.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Paperwork is done for the accord, truck is gone this week

Looking at the #'s I just can't say no to it. $700/mo in my pocket. Even if I get in to another truck in the spring I'm still way ahead on cash

Oooooor I could just keep the track stuff on the backburner for a while and pick up a zl1 next fall once we're moved in

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I had sciatica really bad back in the mid 90's from my job (at the time). The only position/action that relieved the pain was leaning against a wall and pushing, like trying to push a car, but not that bent over. It was agonizing. Finally relented and went to a chiro, for my first time. He didn't do a whole lot, which reinforced my ideals at the time that they were worthless.

Then found a new chiro based off of recommendations and in six weeks the sciatica was gone, and has yet to return. And let me tell you, my spine is a hot mess. Was 3x a week for the first week, then 2x a week for a few weeks, then once a week.

Now I only go as needed, like when I sneeze while tucking in my shirt and blow out my back (did this last year), lol. Though I currently have a "stuck" left SI joint that is about 90% back to normal after three weeks and four visits. Finding a good chiro is key. Knowing how far to push it and how frequently is important. I'll go again at the end of this week to get it that last 10%, just glad I'm functional again.

I had a BAD chiro experience in my 20's, and was extremely leery about getting back into one. I was right there with you, never wanted to step into one again...after about a month and a half of the sciatica not improving, I got a recommendation from a friend, about a chiro she'd been seeing for about 20 years off and on. She has a fairly messed up back, and he's been able to help her. He's a bit of a weird dude, but he plays old rock (Zepplin, Metallica, Deep Purple, etc) on the speakers in the office, so it's not your typical "doctor" type of thing. I like that he's not trying to just do an hour long adjustment, just a quick adjustment on either side once a visit, but 95% of the time, is on therapy items like stim, ultrasound, stretching, type of stuff. Far less chiro, IMO, and more sports medicine-esque.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Took 2 cortisone shots for my buddy, has been pain free going on 2yrs now.

Thread Info