💬 Off Topic ðŸ¥± Officially new Official Bored Thread

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
If she can start doing custom cakes, there is some serious side cash that can be made.

My aunt was doing that and the cookie thing for awhile, and it's a lot of fucking work. She was also doing quilts, alterations, making dresses/costumes. Was doing really well, just got burnt out, so she's just dumped the baking...she'll still do for friends and family on occasion. She did cookies for our wedding gift bags, which was awesome.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My aunt was doing that and the cookie thing for awhile, and it's a lot of fucking work. She was also doing quilts, alterations, making dresses/costumes. Was doing really well, just got burnt out, so she's just dumped the baking...she'll still do for friends and family on occasion. She did cookies for our wedding gift bags, which was awesome.
My buddies Wife was doing the same, but also worked a full time job. After a few years she was getting so damn busy with cakes. She had to choose her full time job or baking cakes, she stuck with her full time job. Like your aunt, she still does them for certain people.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Its been a rough day. 2 radars down before noon. Got called at 6am to go fix a radar. Then went to get parts at the warehouse for another. Got starbucks on my way to 1st and got krispy kreme after dropping bad parts off at fedex. Because I love donuts need a cold drink and Im going to hide in the AC the rest of the day. LOL

20200710_151648.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nope not really. I actually enjoy my job I cant complain even when im working its interesting.

Had an issue 2 weeks ago that really floored me. Damn antenna would work just fine spinning one direction but not the other. That was fun to figure out.
I had a crazy one with a server. Re-imaged it from Server 2003 to server 2012 and it wouldn't fully boot, stuck on splash screen. Event Viewer and other diagnostics (safe mode, etc) weren't showing enough. Had 17 other identical servers I used the same image on without an issue. Started swapping memory, card cages, NICs, etc.. nothing. Fought that sonufabitch on and off for 2-3 weeks. At least four or five IT pro's took at a crack at it and nothing... Just on a whim I decided to pop out the hot-swappable DVD drive out of the bay, it was the only thing I hadn't tried. Booted into Server 2012 flawlessly. Pop drive back in, fails to boot. WTF? Grab identical drive from one of the other servers and plug it in.. Won't boot. Take drive out, boots fine. No fucking clue.

Left drive out and put a piece of tape over the empty slot to keep dust out.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I had a crazy one with a server. Re-imaged it from Server 2003 to server 2012 and it wouldn't fully boot, stuck on splash screen. Event Viewer and other diagnostics (safe mode, etc) weren't showing enough. Had 17 other identical servers I used the same image on without an issue. Started swapping memory, card cages, NICs, etc.. nothing. Fought that sonufabitch on and off for 2-3 weeks. At least four or five IT pro's took at a crack at it and nothing... Just on a whim I decided to pop out the hot-swappable DVD drive out of the bay, it was the only thing I hadn't tried. Booted into Server 2012 flawlessly. Pop drive back in, fails to boot. WTF? Grab identical drive from one of the other servers and plug it in.. Won't boot. Take drive out, boots fine. No fucking clue.

Left drive out and put a piece of tape over the empty slot to keep dust out.

I chalked the radar deal up as a small win for me. The other FSR I work with has been with the company for quite a bit longer than I have but worked on different radars. I mean fundamentally a radars a radar like a microwave is a microwave. He contacted the Amplifier engineers and was pretty convinced it was an amp problem. I said we could swap amps until we eithet A. Run out of parts or B. are blue in the face thats not the problem. An amp doesnt give a crap what direction it spins.

It literally just makes little signal big signal hence fundamentally all amps are the same.

Turns out it was a waveguide problem and depending on the pulse width and frequency thats where the problem would come from.

Gee thats pretty logical since CW (clockwise) or CCW (counterclockwise) use different freqs and high vs. low freqs travel through the wave guides differently.

+1 for the rookie. But Ive been on this specific radar longer in the military.

He was pretty good about and even said he was glad we didnt play amp roulette! :)

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info