đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Get two batteries like a normal human.

old truck of course had that setup but new truck, i legit do not see a spot a second battery could go under the hood.

also with how wide the bed is now on my new truck, and how it uses up edge to edge inside the bedsides, i dont think i could sneak one behind a bedside like i was going to do with a third battery on my last truck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This is what we wear today
20200214_075925.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sware to christ I'm such a lazy mfer.

Last week I completely overhauled my contractors front end on his super duty. Yesterday I drove mine and had to engage 4x4 4 times, each time was met with a high pitch sqeaul that matched road speed. Got to work, pulled front u joint out, one bad cap. Tossed on one new cap and put it back to work. Lolol.

#dontbuythingsfrommechanics

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No issues starting my truck with remote. Have the Diehard battery installed from like four years ago. When I gets cold for a few days it doesn’t give a shit. Could let it sit for weeks.

However, I do occasionally connect a tender to it about once a month for about a few hours or a day

Last year when it was -28° she cranked no issues. Had the typical LS piston slap for about five minutes and it threw a code, IIRC something about throttle sensor. Was fine.

G/f has a Honda Fit whose battery isn’t much larger than a deck of cards. That gets put on a tender frequently when temps get to single digits. Also got her a battery jump pack to keep in her car just in case. And I discharge that by about 50% then recharge about once a quarter.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
bmw has basically a battery out of a combine im pretty sure.

Mine started to act all goofy, throw all kinds of codes and ran like shit. Then it just stopped running altogether. The battery wasn't dead, but not strong enough of a charge. And I guess the alternator won't run everything by itself. New battery and it ran like a champ. It had a date code of 2008. This was last year. haha

And yes, the battery is huge in these things.

I did not start my truck in fear of blowing out oil cooler that I've been neglecting for 6 years.

Ancient car battery you're worried about and oil cooler you're worried about. You sound like the worst mechanic ever. :rofl:

Restaurants going to be full tonight. Anticipate Lou Malnatis carry out will have a 1 wait around the block.

Looks like Portillos for this family of 5. Not too shabby

You didn't make reservations at White Castle? I hear that's the romantic hot spot nowadays.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Mine started to act all goofy, throw all kinds of codes and ran like shit. Then it just stopped running altogether. The battery wasn't dead, but not strong enough of a charge. And I guess the alternator won't run everything by itself. New battery and it ran like a champ. It had a date code of 2008. This was last year. haha

And yes, the battery is huge in these things.

i pulled it in here next door at work, just gonna see what happens.... likely due for a battery but when i went out to start it to bring it in, it started like a champ.

Thread Info