giphy.gif

you still want to pay them big taxes lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Big fire at work last night, part of the distillation process that was leaking for weeks and they new about it, luckily I wasn’t sleeping walked out side at 1:45 and saw orange lights flashing on the second deck of the distillation building backed up and saw 10-15 foot flames coming off a column, our in house fire department is a fucking joke, I called and said send them now my shits on fire, my partner ran out side to start switching flow away from it, I sped up and tried to drain the vessel, mean while the FD is nowhere to be seen 20 minutes later, my partner decides to try and put it out, I tried to talk him out of it his response “if it blows up your just going to die slower than me” lol yeah alright fuck it, it was out shortly after, 45 minutes after the call, the fire department was out there but couldn’t figure out how to get the ladder up on the ladder truck
How the fuck is your FD so useless? They literally only have one job

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How the fuck is your FD so useless? They literally only have one job

I honestly have no idea, my partner was letting them have it though, on the main channel of the plant radio, the supervisor thought I was joking when I called him, he called down like10 minutes later when they were getting dressed in fire gear asking how it’s going down there, my partner grabbed the radio out of my hand as I was about to answer and just yelled well were on fire so pretty fucking bad right now, the guys in the change house where cracking up this morning like god damn you guys were giving it to them on the radio last night

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
That was amazing. Put bed framea together and sectional couch then ate supper and went to bed at like 8 last night got up at 10 today.

My god I was beat from moving and travel. I feel like a million bucks now.

Big ol dunkin iced coffee and gotta run a few errands and get kids haircut before their butts go back to school tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

I am so excite to gave whole family here now! And its not just them visiting me now.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Big fire at work last night, part of the distillation process that was leaking for weeks and they new about it, luckily I wasn’t sleeping walked out side at 1:45 and saw orange lights flashing on the second deck of the distillation building backed up and saw 10-15 foot flames coming off a column, our in house fire department is a fucking joke, I called and said send them now my shits on fire, my partner ran out side to start switching flow away from it, I sped up and tried to drain the vessel, mean while the FD is nowhere to be seen 20 minutes later, my partner decides to try and put it out, I tried to talk him out of it his response “if it blows up your just going to die slower than me” lol yeah alright fuck it, it was out shortly after, 45 minutes after the call, the fire department was out there but couldn’t figure out how to get the ladder up on the ladder truck

Fuck the fire department why didnt you call Jimmy Johns? :ROFLMAO:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The best is after the fires out one of the fire department guys shines a inferred temp gun on the top of the vessel and says there’s a hot spot still it’s 300 degrees f we need to put water on it, I was like bro that’s a metal man way for inspection, we run this thing at 600* I shut the heat off and drained it it doesn’t get any cooler than that

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If i was at the plant Id be throwing a fit the neareat local fire dept apparently needs a bunch of training on what to do and how to handle that plant!!
We have our own fire department, the local fire department has there shit together but our in house has to puff their chest and prove it’s worth having them around once in a while so they waited to call them until it was too late

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
We have our own fire department, the local fire department has there shit together but our in house has to puff their chest and prove it’s worth having them around once in a while so they waited to call them until it was too late

So the plant’s trained, tested and qualified fire crew is incompetent. Ugh

Is their normal job working in operations, maintenance, etc or is fire crew their primary role?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So the plant’s trained, tested and qualified fire crew is incompetent. Ugh

Is their normal job working in operations, maintenance, etc or is fire crew their primary role?
They have normal plant jobs also, but they go to the same training as the fire departments, I think they just don’t practice enough, most of them just do it for the extra overtime and have no clue what’s going on

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Thread Info