đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Need parts. No problem let me look those up on my personal computer since my work one doesnt have all the TMs yet.

Cell phone wifi hotspot.

Call to verify with warehouse guys.

Good to go see the parts tomorrow.

All from the Radar site parking lot in my car. :rofl:

I love technology........

Once my work computer is sorted out and got everything on it I wont need 2.

Also the other contractor has my Explorer until he flies out end of the week then I can park the car.

20191203_141224.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya know what makes me sad? Remember when we were kids and we'd be in the car with our parents going somewhere in December and you'd see Christmas lights lit up everywhere. And you'd end up just driving around longer b/c everyone wanted to see more lights....now, I feel like no one does shit anymore, unless its that over the top music shit so that you can show up on FB.

I miss the feeling that came with those car rides.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ya know what makes me sad? Remember when we were kids and we'd be in the car with our parents going somewhere in December and you'd see Christmas lights lit up everywhere. And you'd end up just driving around longer b/c everyone wanted to see more lights....now, I feel like no one does shit anymore, unless its that over the top music shit so that you can show up on FB.

My lights are the app controlled ones you can do stuff with, but pretty basic... just a run across the front gutter some some little light up snowmen by the front window.... :cry:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

ppl r lzy

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

I’m the dude with a couple of those stupid laser light things in my yard, no way I’m spending the time stringing lights around my house, but a lot of people in my town still do

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

U want me to come get u when I take the kids???

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nearby there are a few houses in a row that do one large xmas display. I don't recall them doing the laser light thing or even broadcasts. It's just one 150-200' display using half of the electricity generated out at Byron. I can applaud the effort, but it's gotten to the point where there is so much on display you can't take it all in. It's turned into an optical overload.

A few blocks to the south there is a guy that spends about two weeks putting everything out. I really think he's bought every xmas decoration ever produced for the last 20 years and every single one has to be on display. Laser lights, low-power transmitter for radio, everything. Traffic grinds to a halt while cars park in the middle of the street to listen/watch. I'm really curious to know what his electric bill jumps to, and where he stores all of that stuff the rest of the year.

He does the same for Halloween as well. Must have multiple storage lockers just filled to the brim with shit. Again, great effort, but way way way too much.

Thread Info