💬 Off Topic ðŸ¥± Officially new Official Bored Thread

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
My brother has a ton of money tied up in his Harley. Airbags, 28" rim, sounds etc and everything tastefully done and nothing hacked together.
He cant sell for a decent price to save his life, he is going to have to take a HUGE beating on it.

It’s just like 90% of the vehicles on the road. The more you spend on aftermarket the more it’s money in the garbage

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
DB00182D-FE17-4DEE-BFDE-BBDF6D5FC8E2.png

7EE5F2A4-F15A-4E55-8E22-97CBF812B573.png

Goofing around trying out a UniFi G3 camera on the switch at work. Pretty damn easy integration!

You messed with these yet Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat ??? Any thoughts on them?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Bit on the expensive side for the specs but probably paying for the ease of integration into their platform

The camera was $135, is that considered expensive for a camera?

I think they get cheaper too if you buy them in 5 packs, so might introduce the owner to them and see if she's interested in adding them just yet.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The camera was $135, is that considered expensive for a camera?

I think they get cheaper too if you buy them in 5 packs, so might introduce the owner to them and see if she's interested in adding them just yet.
For a business, not at all.

For a home user, you can get something with better specs for half the price (but no ubiquiti integration)

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

Their new one is stupid expensive... :oops:
Yeah that's expensive. Like I said, double or more on price compared to other cameras with similar specs and options.

Amcrest is $280 for basically the same camera (except with a bigger lens, so maybe even better picture) and I could probably find cheaper if I dig. The optical lens adds to the cost for sure, but optical lens on fixed cameras is stupid unless you are setting the camera up to be zoomed in for a reason. Otherwise you can zoom, but only on the center of the image unlike a ptz that can move and zoom.

The ubiquiti g4 has unnecessary additions that add to the cost, like gigabit (4k is not going to max out 100mb ever).

Reactions: FESTER665

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I was joking around

I know you were messing around with me. Why I was laughing in my response.

Younger generation just doesn't think Harley's are cool...and all the Harley generation people already have theirs, or are dying off, because old. I don't see the market for used Harley's to get any better...

That is exactly it. That is the same issue with the 1964-1972 Muscle car market. The new trend is to keep the body and make them modern with new chassis, suspensions, motors, OD auto transmissions, bluetooth, blind-spot warning, back up cameras and all the other new tech the younger generations are accustomed to and want.

Same but damn would DINK status really help out my damn bank account. :ROFLMAO:

I would love to have someone help pay for stuff. But like mentioned, that isn't how that seesm to work out. haha

Gotta do it like Spivitz Spivitz does and get your money out of it by riding the wheels off

Yup. Enjoy what you paid for as much as you can. I definitely look at that differently than I did in the past. Raining, who cares, get out and drive the car. Get as many smiles per ownership as possible. Leaving the vehicles in the garage is not for me anymore. Unless you buy something for an investment, enjoy that depreciating pos. haha

Yet I drive gtp and I get made fun of?

Come buy the Lightning and the BMW 335i from me. I don't want to see either one but need to move back into a bigger truck. Or at least an SUV.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I think Harleys might be the worst $ for aftermarket/resale thing out there.

My bosses have Harleys with tens of thousands of dollars tied up in them, low af miles, that people wouldn't talk to us about selling for pennies. Lol
They really are over priced piles of shit.
Seriously, no joke

But Man, I love that slow shit Boxxx....
?

Thread Info