• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Drag to reposition cover

Officially new Official Bored Thread

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
All my track vids and lap time data was on there....good thing I uploaded the good stuff to YT already I guess

N20GT

Reaction score
After I get my race license I think i'm going to sell all the street stuff off the bike, including wheels, and buy track plastics and carbon fiber wheels in spring

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
All my track vids and lap time data was on there....good thing I uploaded the good stuff to YT already I guess
You can still recover it based on what.you are describing. It will just require taking the drive out and moving it to a working PC to pull the data off it.

N20GT

Reaction score
You can still recover it based on what.you are describing. It will just require taking the drive out and moving it to a working PC to pull the data off it.
Good to know, ty. Problem is I only have the one personal laptop plus the wife and I each have work laptops. No PC, no spare personal computer. It's not a huge deal

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Good to know, ty. Problem is I only have the one personal laptop plus the wife and I each have work laptops. No PC, no spare personal computer. It's not a huge deal
Get a USB to sata adapter.(if it's a sata drive) (Verify what type of drive you have first since newest top end computer have NVME drives)

Then you take the drive out and plug the USB cable into the work laptop to copy/paste the data to a USB drive.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh noes might be time for a other screen protector :sad: this one is rainbowing

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new phone case... Dropped my phone yesterday and the case did its job like always but I lost the plastic corner...

Oh well, $15 case breaking but protecting the phone is worth it.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was weird day. Up at 4am, dropped off gf at Midway went straight to work, left at 3 home 330 did some shit then napped while watching hamburger hill and platoon. Up at 7 ish. Foster came and got garage dog. Then fell asleep til midnight and barn and garage were all still open

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Quickly becoming the entire companies tech support. Getting calls daily from people I've never fucking met and never will to help them fix shit. Fuck you, i had to learn it on my own, hardly anything I learned from others. These people just pick up the phone and call call call... Fuck you

N20GT

Reaction score
Quickly becoming the entire companies tech support. Getting calls daily from people I've never fucking met and never will to help them fix shit. Fuck you, i had to learn it on my own, hardly anything I learned from others. These people just pick up the phone and call call call... Fuck you
Didn't your company send you to several weeks of different trainings...for you to be taught...by others? And you went to doozil school...to yet again be taught by others.

N20GT

Reaction score
That mentality drives me nuts, because I've experienced it with TOOO MANY union 60+ year olds that insist on taking their job-specific knowledge with them when they retire. Yeah that knowledge will do them a lot of good when their fat cig-addicted ass dies at 70, enjoy it

N20GT

Reaction score
I've yet to meet someone that says "i learned it on my own" that was actually self-taught. Most are just old as fuck and learned stuff from several others over a dismal 50 year career

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've yet to meet someone that says "i learned it on my own" that was actually self-taught. Most are just old as fuck and learned stuff from several others over a dismal 50 year career
You really think I took anything away from tech school? Literally almost nothing besides basic theory and operation. You think they were teaching me Powerstrokes and duramax? I was learning on 2 stroke Detroit and 80s engines, nothing new.

All the classes work had sent me too I barely took anything away from them and often ended up arguing with the instructor over shit.

It's complete bullshit, I shouldn't have to be helping anyone, they know how ouch is currently on my plate and they want to throw everyone else's issues at me? Fuuuuck no.

I literally spent countless hours at home on my own time researching and learning shit. Alot of trial and error at work.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
You really think I took anything away from tech school? Literally almost nothing besides basic theory and operation. You think they were teaching me Powerstrokes and duramax? I was learning on 2 stroke Detroit and 80s engines, nothing new.

All the classes work had sent me too I barely took anything away from them and often ended up arguing with the instructor over shit.

It's complete bullshit, I shouldn't have to be helping anyone, they know how ouch is currently on my plate and they want to throw everyone else's issues at me? Fuuuuck no.

I literally spent countless hours at home on my own time researching and learning shit. Alot of trial and error at work.
why dont you open your own shop then

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Drives me crazy when I try to cross train people at work and they argue and dont want to because they think that means theyll lose their job.... No people, it simply means I can use you on a wider array of jobs and actually gives you more job security.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom