Gaming Official Xbox Thread

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
If I get the shipping notification I might have the neighbor keep an eye out for the delivery person.
If they leave the “sorry we missed you” tag, can you sign that for when they come back to try delivery again?
I don't know. I didn't get a physical tag the first time they missed me. The lady on the phone said they would hold it at the Depot for pickup

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
giphy.gif

0DDF223A-2B16-4DC7-8DAA-C852FC36D2A3.jpeg

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Best Buy just released some units so I grabbed one, and for pick up at a Best Buy location. Twitter inventory alerts seem to come through faster than Nowinstock or others that take at least a minute to refresh.
What account do you follow? I think I missed out because I was in line and switched from wifi to mobile data.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
4k60. You wont see 120hz unless your TV can run at that refresh rate. No TVs are 1440p anything so I would stick with 4k60. Or you can get a monitor and try it 1440@120. See if you like it. Make sure its a monitor that also supports freesync, not gsync.
The Xbox tells me my TV supports 1440@120 ?‍♂️

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
So what headset is good for this thing and any other accessories I should get?

If you had a one series xbox everything will still work. Don’t think there are many must have accessories right from the get go. Eventually you’ll need more space especially if you do game pass. Game pass is definitely worth the cost.
Personally I like and use lucid sound headphones. I’ve had a pair for a few years and they are super comfortable and if you unplug the boom mic, look decent enough to pass as regular headphones if you want to where them out.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I mean older Xbox stuff needed some rechargeable batteries and shit for the controllers. Do the new ones just plug in or do I got to do all that shit again and get a docking station to charge them?
Xbox one rechargeable batteries will work in the new controllers

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I mean older Xbox stuff needed some rechargeable batteries and shit for the controllers. Do the new ones just plug in or do I got to do all that shit again and get a docking station to charge them?
The only difference I have found is the plastic battery covers seem to differ on the controller models.

Other then that, the rechargable batteries fit right into the "new" series xbox controller.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thread Info