Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Exactly, if you especially if you get into game pass, you’ll fill that day one. I still have my 3tb hooked up for the older games and the internal drive is full on the series x. I don’t play half those games…but I want the ability too.
Same. My external is for older, non XSX enhanced games and the internal is exclusively for new stuff.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So if my plan is to use the system here and there (as stated PS5 is my primary console) the S fits the bill?

That's the vibe I'm picking up from other reviews.

If this was going to be my primary gaming rig, I'd 100% be in on the X over the S.
Yeah, but if you get gamepass your ps5 will become a paper weight. Xbox has like 3x the games coming and they are all free with gamepass.

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Yeah, but if you get gamepass your ps5 will become a paper weight. Xbox has like 3x the games coming and they are all free with gamepass.
Well.....here's the other thing I'm thinking.

Buy the S now.....when the X becomes readily available sell/trade the S if the upgrade is needed.

At least the S gets me into the ecosystem for $300

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have seen a few Series S here and there. But would rather hold out for the Series X and just jump to it. Could have gotten some bundle for $800 about six months ago, but didn’t need the extra and it was out of my budget. Captain Hindsight says I should have jumped on that.

Reactions: Turk

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Pretty sweet set up with gamepass.

Gonna throw an 1TB SSD external drive Ive got laying around on it.
20211030_180033.jpg

Reactions: Turk and Mook

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
How do I get a Series X?
I ended up with a two on the same day last year. I signed up for a couple inventory tracking websites and would get a notification when things came in stock. Most of the time it didn’t work but twice it did. Can’t remember the name of the website I used at this point.
I’m pretty sure most of the big box stores are only selling online. Also wouldn’t be surprised if a lot get held back from sale until Black Friday at this point.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Thank you sir. What have you typically been finding? Consoles? Bundles?
Bundles are the easiest to buy because they generally have extra shit that no one wants. The five series x that I've gotten were all console only - my ps5s have been like 3 bundles and 4 consoles only (including a digital, which is next to impossible to get).

Thread Info