Gaming Official Xbox Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The Series X and PS5 will produce about the same amount of overall heat. It’s more noticeable on the Ps5 because it expels that heat out of a smaller area with higher speed fans whereas the Xbox more naturally allows the heat to escape through a giant chimney stack.

I think you’re going to love that machine, if you have gamepass.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I wonder how long it will be until they move to liquid cooling like the higher end pcs. Kinda surprised they didn’t already given the power required for these new games.
Xbox series X uses a vapor chamber. Liquid doesn’t reduce the amount of heat being dissipated, just allows it to be dissipated more efficiently. It’s one of the many reasons the series X is completely silent.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Xbox series X uses a vapor chamber. Liquid doesn’t reduce the amount of heat being dissipated, just allows it to be dissipated more efficiently. It’s one of the many reasons the series X is completely silent.

Interesting I did not know that. I had always thought the liquid was able to take away more heat or the amount. So I guess the liquid would just allow you to not have a jet engine in your house taking off at all times lol.

Reactions: Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Interesting I did not know that. I had always thought the liquid was able to take away more heat or the amount. So I guess the liquid would just allow you to not have a jet engine in your house taking off at all times lol.
Yup. Exactly. Without water/vapor you would need more efficiencies elsewhere like better fans, more open space, etc.

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I currently own a PS5....and historically own both platforms, with the bulk of my gaming done on PS.

I'm giving a look at adding a Series S for the game pass and exclusive content as a side kick to my PS5.

Seems like a reasonable way to to do this....any of you have the S and doing the same?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I currently own a PS5....and historically own both platforms, with the bulk of my gaming done on PS.

I'm giving a look at adding a Series S for the game pass and exclusive content as a side kick to my PS5.

Seems like a reasonable way to to do this....any of you have the S and doing the same?
Don't waste your money on the S.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Isn't the X overkill for a side console?
S is all digital, you only have 512 gb of storage, and going to need to spend 200 on a 1TB expansion card and still won't have the power the series X does. The X starts off at 1TB. At least that's how I view it.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
The series X is a fantastic console so far. For the price, you got a lot of power. Building a comparable PC is going to cost you 3-4x the amount. It’s simple to use and I like how Microsoft continues to expand its functionality (keyboard and mouse support) and be very pro consumer with things like game pass and cross play.

Reactions: Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The series X is a fantastic console so far. For the price, you got a lot of power. Building a comparable PC is going to cost you 3-4x the amount. It’s simple to use and I like how Microsoft continues to expand its functionality (keyboard and mouse support) and be very pro consumer with things like game pass and cross play.
This is the answer. Xbox is the ecosystem to buy into now and that will be even more apparent over the years. Ps5 has zero games this holiday. Zero.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Most reviews I've read for games seem to allude to the S struggling in some instances. I just feel like it's going to show it's weaknesses sooner rather than later. I wouldn't buy one.
I think it’ll be the opposite. The gpu is advanced with features that aren’t being used yet. Xbox devs are using it like it’s supposed to and others will as well.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The big issue with the S in my opinion is the stock storage amount. For a casual gamer, 512GB is probably fine but with the current game file sizes, that could be 3-5 games or it could be 20. Someone who wants to try new games constantly will be playing the storage management side game thats included with the S.
If youre playing warzone, its the entire drive :rofl:

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Weak? It’s pretty much fine. Fh5 is showing the purpose as it runs the same settings as series x but at 1440p.
So if my plan is to use the system here and there (as stated PS5 is my primary console) the S fits the bill?

That's the vibe I'm picking up from other reviews.

If this was going to be my primary gaming rig, I'd 100% be in on the X over the S.

Thread Info