May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well now I must get a Series X.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For insiders: xcloud is now integrated into Xbox meaning you can stream gamepass games directly from your console. This is a big deal as current gen is about to leave last gen behind and Xbox one owners can play all the new games at 1080/60fps.

msoft is really pushing the needle imo.

Reactions: Marko and Mook

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So this showed up on my doorstep today

VKbFinn.jpg

:D

Forza Horizon 5 is out next month and I didnt wanna play it on anything other than this here video gaming box, so I'm glad I was finally able to snag one, especially since Microsoft says they expect shortages to continue into next year..... I'll try and get it all set up this weekend. I've been meaning to replace my surge protector w/ a new one I got, and I also wanna see if I can slightly de-rat nest the back of my entertainment center (which i'll probably fail at), but seems like a good time to tackle all that while I'm swapping my xbox one out for this new cube.

Reactions: Marko

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So this showed up on my doorstep today

VKbFinn.jpg

:D

Forza Horizon 5 is out next month and I didnt wanna play it on anything other than this here video gaming box, so I'm glad I was finally able to snag one, especially since Microsoft says they expect shortages to continue into next year..... I'll try and get it all set up this weekend. I've been meaning to replace my surge protector w/ a new one I got, and I also wanna see if I can slightly de-rat nest the back of my entertainment center (which i'll probably fail at), but seems like a good time to tackle all that while I'm swapping my xbox one out for this new cube.
Where did you get it ordered from?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Neither have i :LOL: but I still maintain my rewards membership, and this was online thankfully. I actually had to order it twice because my credit card just LOVES cockblocking me every time I try ordering ANYTHING online. It always declines the first attempt and then I get a text message a few seconds later "Hey guy, was that you that just tried your credit card?" YES. Authorize the god damn purchase!! Thought I had missed out because of that shit because when I went back to the page it was saying unavailable, but after a couple minutes of refreshing the add to cart button came back again.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man my entertainment center keeps getting weirder and weirder looking :ROFLMAO:

q0CkvOm.jpg

Thing is almost as tall as my Denon receiver. Tho I am AMAZED that it is still the exact same width as the xbox one x. All I had to do was slide the old one out and slide that one in. I was afraid I was gonna have to get creative to get this thing and my PS5 to share the same shelf, but nope! I might have to get a wrap for this thing and give it some color tho so it can compete w/ the PS5, cuz right now it just makes the PS5 stand out even more :LOL:

I did also consolidate my 2 surge protectors into the 1 new one I bought, and MARGINALLY cleaned up the rats nest behind. Still not great, but it does look better than it did.

Havent even turned the box on yet. Will do that later and try and get that set up and figure out how to transfer everything from my old xbox.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Series X runs cool as far as im aware.. but having it blow on the receiver seems like a bad idea.
Not when you block the top vent port ?

Probably not a fire risk unless it gets super dusty, but expect shortened equipment life and poor performance due to heat. Things tend to shut down before bursting into flames nowadays.

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Never heard anyone complain about it running "hot as shit". Even when Ive used mine for hours on end, never noticed it warm. And it runs whisper quiet.

Kind of curious how hot it can actually get. To Google I go.

Hottest observed was 121F...which doesnt seem that awful. Seems like it runs around 100F most of the time when playing taxing games.

Shockingly, in CNETS PS5 review, the system runs quite a bit cooler in their tests. I guess the "new" PS5 runs a bit hotter.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I could rotate it while in use so that the vent is facing out towards me. Definitely cuts down on the profile, which i like, but I dont know if my OCD likes seeing the cords sticking out of the side (back) so I probably wouldn't leave it like that while not in use
Make sure it’s off and not in standby. It actually produces a decent amount of heat when in standby mode.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I fired up some far cry 6 last night and there was a decent amount of heat being pushed out of this thing. Think I might just leave it rotated w/ the blast pipe facing outwards. It actually doesnt look horrible that way, and it'll give me a little extra space to scoot my receiver over a skosh and give my PS5 a little more breathing room. If I had the space to run this thing vertical I would, but I just cant w/ this setup.

Thread Info