Gaming Official Xbox Thread

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I ended up getting two Xbox series x. GameStop never responded to my email to cxl the the order so it will be here Sunday. Gonna return it or resell it but figured I’d see if any of you guys would want to buy it for my cost first.
Series X, NBA 2K21, AC Valhalla, extra controller, 3 mo game pass.
Total cost with tax I paid was $780.90
Pick up in Bedford Park.

1609450559481.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I ended up getting two Xbox series x. GameStop never responded to my email to cxl the the order so it will be here Sunday. Gonna return it or resell it but figured I’d see if any of you guys would want to buy it for my cost first.
Series X, NBA 2K21, AC Valhalla, extra controller, 3 mo game pass.
Total cost with tax I paid was $780.90
Pick up in Bedford Park.

View attachment 77583
Very cool of you. It's very easy right now to make a profit off this right now.

Reactions: Mook

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
I’m thinking about buying a new series X off eBay for $200 over.

And sell my Xbox One X. Not sure.

Anyone else upgrade and sell their One X?

I still have mine. I wouldn't pay over though. I stopped looking, but I can start looking again if you want me to? I needed to update cause my One X was being sketchy. Other than load times though, it's not a huge difference yet

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I still have mine. I wouldn't pay over though. I stopped looking, but I can start looking again if you want me to? I needed to update cause my One X was being sketchy. Other than load times though, it's not a huge difference yet
Thanks man. I appreciate it. If you want to start looking.

I always check all the retailers. They’re sold out of course.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Fuck paying all those scalpers asking above retail price. Let them choke on their inventory until they are forced to sell at a loss.
I cant remember where, but I had read a blog somewhere that since these bots are all automated, there is no end in sight for the scalpers. Think about it. You will never be able to snipe one of said products from a bot, so they will always go retail to a reseller. Then from there, they control the price/market. This is going to be the new norm apparently. Hot tech products and anything else thats popular, will have its normal market adjustment when the retail inventory sells out, and its going to always. Unless a fool proof system can be implemented to stop bots and scalpers from getting their hands on them before you, or making them less desirable. At which point, you probably wouldnt want one anyway. Basically I would expect this trend until the next xbox comes out.

Shit if you look at GPUs, people are so desparate for anything that they are paying marked up prices on last gen and earlier hardware just to have something. That might be unique though because in the GPU market before the 3080 came out, this was not a thing for GPUs at least. And most people sold their last gen hardware in prep to get the next big thing back in september. And they are still waiting. 3080s, expecially the FE cards are still the highest demanded and shortest supplied. They still sell for $1500 on ebay and were listed at $699 MSRP. That card will never sell at MSRP again. Even retailers are market adjusting their cards to more align with market prices.

Yes it sucks, but I believe that this is going to be the new norm. Get one while you can I say.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I cant remember where, but I had read a blog somewhere that since these bots are all automated, there is no end in sight for the scalpers. Think about it. You will never be able to snipe one of said products from a bot, so they will always go retail to a reseller. Then from there, they control the price/market. This is going to be the new norm apparently. Hot tech products and anything else thats popular, will have its normal market adjustment when the retail inventory sells out, and its going to always. Unless a fool proof system can be implemented to stop bots and scalpers from getting their hands on them before you, or making them less desirable. At which point, you probably wouldnt want one anyway. Basically I would expect this trend until the next xbox comes out.

Shit if you look at GPUs, people are so desparate for anything that they are paying marked up prices on last gen and earlier hardware just to have something. That might be unique though because in the GPU market before the 3080 came out, this was not a thing for GPUs at least. And most people sold their last gen hardware in prep to get the next big thing back in september. And they are still waiting. 3080s, expecially the FE cards are still the highest demanded and shortest supplied. They still sell for $1500 on ebay and were listed at $699 MSRP. That card will never sell at MSRP again. Even retailers are market adjusting their cards to more align with market prices.

Yes it sucks, but I believe that this is going to be the new norm. Get one while you can I say.
And if you don't participate, the inflated market collapses. I refuse to pay above MSRP for a brand new car, and I refuse to pay above retail for computer hardware.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Thats never going to happen. Year after year, idiots still pay the inflated "got to have it first" prices for all kinds of shit. It will always happen.
Microcenter solved the problem neatly. you can no longer buy hot products online, you have to walk into the store, and its limited to 1 per person. Which means, micro center will get my business.

Thread Info