Gaming Official Xbox Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Get ready for this massive cube to invade your living room.

• Yes, the box can sit both vertically and horizontally
  • The controller is technically new. Microsoft say “Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller. The new Xbox Wireless Controller will be compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be included with every Xbox Series X.
  • It’ll support 60fps at 4K, “with possibility of up to 120FPS”, and will also support 8K visuals.
  • The Xbox Series X has a “next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times.”
  • It’s backwards compatible! Across all previous Xboxes! “Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.”

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
There's no way I can use that in the living room....no room or way to mount/hide that console. Plus I most likely wouldn't get it anyways.
its like they took the Amazon echo and was like "Lets square that bitch and make it a gaming console".

Itll be even more hilarious if "Hello Cortana" is built into it :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: importcrew

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I mean it's called an X-box, soooooo....

At what point will the human eye not even be able to tell the difference, 16K? Or does it depend on how big the screen is? I guess on a big enough screen, 4K could look 'grainy'.

And backwards compatible back to the original Xbox!?!? Damn shame I discarded some old games as they weren't backwards compatible and the consoles are long gone.

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I mean it's called an X-box, soooooo....

At what point will the human eye not even be able to tell the difference 16K? Or does it depend on how big the screen is? I guess on a big enough screen, 4K could look 'grainy'.
all about the size of the screen. You can really only tell the difference as it scales up.

4k vs 1080p on a 5" screen is hardly noticeable.

4k vs 1080p on a 70" screen is a huge difference.

4k vs 8k on a 70" screen is probably not a big difference.

4k vs 8k on a 200" screen is a big difference.

etc...

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Like my phone, I’m at a point where I think everything looks pretty damn good, so I have no desire to even consider upgrading my XBX. Graphics alone aren’t going to sell me. It would have to be some revolutionary gameplay enhancement to do so.
Same. when this comes out, ill probably upgrade my regular One to a Xbox One X when they drop in price

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
X is for experimental? Experimental box?
The original OG Xbox prototype was actually X shaped.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Ha, I could only imagine the complexity of trying to design components to work with such a difficult shape. I'm sure that design was just for a reveal of sorts. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that was just fake all together, it looks ridiculous.
its a real working prototype, but yeah, i am sure not many were made due to the shape.

It would of been cool though

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So I'm kinda confused. This is the newest generation? Or a very updated prior gen? Maybe platform is the right word? So is this where gta6 is going to drop on?
yes, newest xbox next year. but will be backwards compatible. GTA6 would most likely be out on this console

Reactions: DEEZUZ

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
its like they took the Amazon echo and was like "Lets square that bitch and make it a gaming console".

Itll be even more hilarious if "Hello Cortana" is built into it :rofl:
You know they will incorporate Cortana into it. With my ps4, I have it wall mounted in the back of the tv. Can't see it. No wires running all over the wall. With this... You need a damn shelf for it.

Thread Info