Gaming Official Xbox Series X Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
The Series X and PS5 will produce about the same amount of overall heat. It’s more noticeable on the Ps5 because it expels that heat out of a smaller area with higher speed fans whereas the Xbox more naturally allows the heat to escape through a giant chimney stack.

I think you’re going to love that machine, if you have gamepass.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be until they move to liquid cooling like the higher end pcs. Kinda surprised they didn’t already given the power required for these new games.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
yup, ultimate. Just getting some games transferred over from my XB1 currently. Its actually kind of amazing how easy setup was using the xbox phone app.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be until they move to liquid cooling like the higher end pcs. Kinda surprised they didn’t already given the power required for these new games.
Xbox series X uses a vapor chamber. Liquid doesn’t reduce the amount of heat being dissipated, just allows it to be dissipated more efficiently. It’s one of the many reasons the series X is completely silent.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
yup, ultimate. Just getting some games transferred over from my XB1 currently. Its actually kind of amazing how easy setup was using the xbox phone app.
Yeah. At first people complained because you didn’t get that new console feeling. Now people love how simple it was to setup and transition from last gen.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Xbox series X uses a vapor chamber. Liquid doesn’t reduce the amount of heat being dissipated, just allows it to be dissipated more efficiently. It’s one of the many reasons the series X is completely silent.
Interesting I did not know that. I had always thought the liquid was able to take away more heat or the amount. So I guess the liquid would just allow you to not have a jet engine in your house taking off at all times lol.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Interesting I did not know that. I had always thought the liquid was able to take away more heat or the amount. So I guess the liquid would just allow you to not have a jet engine in your house taking off at all times lol.
Yup. Exactly. Without water/vapor you would need more efficiencies elsewhere like better fans, more open space, etc.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I haven't been playing my One X to warrant getting a Series X, but man they are starting to look tempting. Too bad they're so hard to find/acquire.

huggerorange73

Slow C6 Guy
Reaction score
I currently own a PS5....and historically own both platforms, with the bulk of my gaming done on PS.

I'm giving a look at adding a Series S for the game pass and exclusive content as a side kick to my PS5.

Seems like a reasonable way to to do this....any of you have the S and doing the same?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I currently own a PS5....and historically own both platforms, with the bulk of my gaming done on PS.

I'm giving a look at adding a Series S for the game pass and exclusive content as a side kick to my PS5.

Seems like a reasonable way to to do this....any of you have the S and doing the same?
Don't waste your money on the S.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The S is weak and is already showing it's limits. It is, however, a shockingly good emulator box.

Turk Turk, come learn him.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
The series X is a fantastic console so far. For the price, you got a lot of power. Building a comparable PC is going to cost you 3-4x the amount. It’s simple to use and I like how Microsoft continues to expand its functionality (keyboard and mouse support) and be very pro consumer with things like game pass and cross play.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
The S is weak and is already showing it's limits. It is, however, a shockingly good emulator box.

Turk Turk, come learn him.
Weak? It’s pretty much fine. Fh5 is showing the purpose as it runs the same settings as series x but at 1440p.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Weak? It’s pretty much fine. Fh5 is showing the purpose as it runs the same settings as series x but at 1440p.
Most reviews I've read for games seem to allude to the S struggling in some instances. I just feel like it's going to show it's weaknesses sooner rather than later. I wouldn't buy one.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
The series X is a fantastic console so far. For the price, you got a lot of power. Building a comparable PC is going to cost you 3-4x the amount. It’s simple to use and I like how Microsoft continues to expand its functionality (keyboard and mouse support) and be very pro consumer with things like game pass and cross play.
This is the answer. Xbox is the ecosystem to buy into now and that will be even more apparent over the years. Ps5 has zero games this holiday. Zero.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Most reviews I've read for games seem to allude to the S struggling in some instances. I just feel like it's going to show it's weaknesses sooner rather than later. I wouldn't buy one.
I think it’ll be the opposite. The gpu is advanced with features that aren’t being used yet. Xbox devs are using it like it’s supposed to and others will as well.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The big issue with the S in my opinion is the stock storage amount. For a casual gamer, 512GB is probably fine but with the current game file sizes, that could be 3-5 games or it could be 20. Someone who wants to try new games constantly will be playing the storage management side game thats included with the S.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The big issue with the S in my opinion is the stock storage amount. For a casual gamer, 512GB is probably fine but with the current game file sizes, that could be 3-5 games or it could be 20. Someone who wants to try new games constantly will be playing the storage management side game thats included with the S.
If youre playing warzone, its the entire drive :rofl:

huggerorange73

Slow C6 Guy
Reaction score
So if my plan is to use the system here and there (as stated PS5 is my primary console) the S fits the bill?

That's the vibe I'm picking up from other reviews.

If this was going to be my primary gaming rig, I'd 100% be in on the X over the S.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Exactly, if you especially if you get into game pass, you’ll fill that day one. I still have my 3tb hooked up for the older games and the internal drive is full on the series x. I don’t play half those games…but I want the ability too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom