⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wasn't Correa at the top of the Cubs list the last 2 seasons?

That's 3 of the 4 FA SS off the board.

Weren't the Cubs getting two of them?

Why won't Rickets spend??? Is he a Jew?
Says who? If it didnt come from the Cubs organization then imo its just made up hype by the media and fans
I sure the fuck wanted him or Turner. But I have a hard time believing most of this shit that comes out now a days.
Every other day you read a story about who is the favorite to land XXXXX, and its all media/fan BS

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Says who? If it didnt come from the Cubs organization then imo its just made up hype by the media and fans
I sure the fuck wanted him or Turner. But I have a hard time believing most of this shit that comes out now a days.
Every other day you read a story about who is the favorite to land XXXXX, and its all media/fan BS
No fucking way.....dude, you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong here.

Fans, Twitter experts and podcasters all know more than anyone else...including the front offices.

If you heard about it from any of those sources, it's the truth.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
No worries...Cubs are getting Swanson and Rodon.

They're not getting shut out of the big name guys.
I sure the fuck hope so, but seriously doubt they will land either at this point. I think Swanson being the last is great for him as a few teams still need a SS.
Only thing the Cubs have going for him is Swanson's Wife plays for the Chgo woman's soccer team. Will that help land him, IDK?
If you recall, I said if they signed Swanson, then they better be signing a front of the rotation pitcher.

If they get nobody relevant, they will re-sign Nico and Ian to long term deals and say thats was their plan along, reward the guys they developed lol.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I sure the fuck hope so, but seriously doubt they will land either at this point. I think Swanson being the last is great for him as a few teams still need a SS.
Only thing the Cubs have going for him is Swanson's Wife plays for the Chgo woman's soccer team. Will that help land him, IDK?
If you recall, I said if they signed Swanson, then they better be signing a front of the rotation pitcher.

If they get nobody relevant, they will re-sign Nico and Ian to long term deals and say thats was their plan along, reward the guys they developed lol.
There is said to be at least 6 teams chasing Swanson, Cubs will need to overpay to bring him in....will they?

Rodon is seeking a 7 year deal, which given his track record is a huge ask....but this market is very strange now.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
There is said to be at least 6 teams chasing Swanson, Cubs will need to overpay to bring him in....will they?

Rodon is seeking a 7 year deal, which given his track record is a huge ask....but this market is very strange now.
Someone is going to overpay for Swanson, and no way on the 7yr deal. His injury history makes that a HUGE risk.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
FUCK YES!

WELCOME TO THE SOUTH SIDE MR. BENINTENDI!!!!!!

FkIPyWNUYAAR59r.jpg

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Didnt you need a left handed power bat, not a contact hitter with no range and no arm?
.800 OPS against RHP and he's an excellent OF.

"Andrew Benintendi is exactly what the White Sox needed. A left-handed bat with a career .808 OPS against righties. He won a Gold Glove in left field in 2021. Made his first All-Star team in 2022. Great signing."

Shouldn't you be celebrating some big SS signing or something?

Big market Cubs signing mid to low level players LOL

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
.800 OPS against RHP and he's an excellent OF.

Shouldn't you be celebrating some big SS signing or something?

Big market Cubs signing mid to low level players LOL
No range and no arm= excellent outfielder, interesting. I hope you guys can A: make it to the playoffs and B: win a series.
I'm hoping to be celebrating not spending $12k on season tix as they have given me no reason to

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
No range and no arm= excellent outfielder, interesting. I hope you guys can A: make it to the playoffs and B: win a series.
I'm hoping to be celebrating not spending $12k on season tix as they have given me no reason to
How does one receive a gold glove with no range and no arm?

Can you expand on this? I need help understanding this.

Thread Info