⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Both teams will be sitting at home come playoff time. Though the WS have a "stacked" pitching rotation lol.
SUX will make the playoffs, the AL Central isnt that strong. Not as weak as last year, but still pretty weak. The AL Central and NL Central will probably wind up as the 2 weakest divisions at seasons end. The SUX should eventually run away with the division though. They aint going to do shit in the playoffs unless they go get another quality starter and someone who can play 2nd and RF. Pollock will get hurt again, the guy hasnt stayed healthy since 2015, last 3 years he has played over 100 games once and since 15 he hasnt played more than 120 games. We already know Mr 2 left feet is an accident waiting to happen anytime he plays the field or runs the bases. Like I predicted he would go down for a few months, last month. He will go down again when he returns. I'm hoping and praying Roberts tears an ACL or blows out his hamstring. Wouldnt mind seeing Anderson get hit in the face with a 95mph fastball.

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
SUX will make the playoffs, the AL Central isnt that strong. Not as weak as last year, but still pretty weak. The AL Central and NL Central will probably wind up as the 2 weakest divisions at seasons end. The SUX should eventually run away with the division though. They aint going to do shit in the playoffs unless they go get another quality starter and someone who can play 2nd and RF. Pollock will get hurt again, the guy hasnt stayed healthy since 2015, last 3 years he has played over 100 games once and since 15 he hasnt played more than 120 games. We already know Mr 2 left feet is an accident waiting to happen anytime he plays the field or runs the bases. Like I predicted he would go down for a few months, last month. He will go down again when he returns. I'm hoping and praying Roberts tears an ACL or blows out his hamstring. Wouldnt mind seeing Anderson get hit in the face with a 95mph fastball.
I respect your passion !

• Haha
Reactions: Turk and Shawn1112

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Depends on what you consider playoffs. I’m more of a purist as they’ve made the wild card slots a participation prize and MLB money grab this year (and previous changes). I don’t think the Sox will make it to the ALCS
That's an entirely different statement than your original one.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Depends on what you consider playoffs. I’m more of a purist as they’ve made the wild card slots a participation prize and MLB money grab this year (and previous changes). I don’t think the Sox will make it to the ALCS

Personally I’m a purist too and I don’t count the cubs win in 2016 because prior to 1922 the World Series was a best of 5 series which the cubs would have lost.

Also, based on your standards the recent cubs dynasty only made the playoffs twice? ?

• Love
Reactions: Huggerorange73

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Personally I’m a purist too and I don’t count the cubs win in 2016 because prior to 1922 the World Series was a best of 5 series which the cubs would have lost.

Also, based on your standards the recent cubs dynasty only made the playoffs twice? ?

They keep watering down the playoffs. I get it, the MLB wants to capture revenue and so do the teams.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Meh. I'm a Chicago fan. Lived on south and north side, school on north and south side....got love for both teams... but I think we can all admit the cubs fans are thee worst lowest form of fans....everytime I go to Wrigley the fans are not there for anything except Instagram. Tisk tisk
Ill 100% agree a lot of fans are on social media at Wrigley. But guess what, it’s the same at every baseball stadium including Guaranteed Rape. Go to any sporting event and your going to see it everywhere. That’s the world we live in now a days.

Reactions: HeavyG

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Ill 100% agree a lot of fans are on social media at Wrigley. But guess what, it’s the same at every baseball stadium including Guaranteed Rape. Go to any sporting event and your going to see it everywhere. That’s the world we live in now a days.
I respectful disagree. I'm here often as its down the street and love to people watch. The older next to me is named Bob. He's in his 60s, worked at jewel in Palos hills for 32 years and is a life long Sox fan. He's a perfect example of the crowd here....they are friendly and life long fans. Believe me I'm super neutral about chicago baseball even though I troll for shits and giggles ?

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I respectful disagree. I'm here often as its down the street and love to people watch. The older next to me is named Bob. He's in his 60s, worked at jewel in Palos hills for 32 years and is a life long Sox fan. He's a perfect example of the crowd here....they are friendly and life long fans. Believe me I'm super neutral about chicago baseball even though I troll for shits and giggles ?
Been to plenty of SUX games recently and was actually supposed to go tonight. I’ll make sure to take pics of all the people doing it next time I’m there.

Thread Info