⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If you dont like it then dont comment on my Cubs/SUX posts in a negative way with your stupid shit. I asked a question about Yermin and you had to throw the CUBS bullshit in there. If you going to dish it out, them you better be able to take it without crying about what I say. I take that shit to heart and hate those inbred fucking idiots from the south side with a passion. I will argue and disrespect those loser POS on my deathbed. I admit that I'm the BIGGEST SUX hater on planet earth. I'd say worse but Mook would have to come in here and edit it and probably give me a slap on the wrist. I have been in huge knock em down drag em out brawls at Cubs/SUX games (yes I'm that guy). Won a few and lost a few, but thats how serious I am about my hatred for them. The last 10 years or so, no fights as people dont take it that serious anymore, except for me.
Once the Sox won the WS, the rivalry totally died down.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Any of you SUX boys venturing up to Milwaukee Friday night? Going with about 10 people, I'll buy any of you a beer if your going to be there.
Think we are sitting in the bleachers 1st row right above the SUX bullpen. Sat in similar seats at Guaranteed Rape in 2019 and had a blast talking shit to the SUX relievers. They were cool and dished it right back between innings lol.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Any of you SUX boys venturing up to Milwaukee Friday night? Going with about 10 people, I'll buy any of you a beer if your going to be there.
Think we are sitting in the bleachers 1st row right above the SUX bullpen. Sat in similar seats at Guaranteed Rape in 2019 and had a blast talking shit to the SUX relievers. They were cool and dished it right back between innings lol.

Gave up on the North Side huh, Let me guess your heading up with your fellow Cubbie Boys club wearing Cubs jerseys booing each player that comes up to bat in either top or bottom of an inning??

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Gave up on the North Side huh, Let me guess your heading up with your fellow Cubbie Boys club wearing Cubs jerseys booing each player that comes up to bat in either top or bottom of an inning??
To answer your first question, I had absolutely no expectations for them this year after the salary dump (Darvish). Still and always will be a die hard fan, but I'm boycotting them this year and for the foreseeable future due to a lying POS owner. He said all money would be dumped back in to the team. But then he decided to go buy the whole fucking neighborhood and now crying broke. So I WILL NOT step foot in Wrigley or buy any Cubs merch until they show me different.
My Daughter is also a huge Cubs fan and we always go to a game for her B Day which is next month. So if she wants to go, then I'll swallow my pride and go with her.

My brother and one of my good friends are both SUX fans, I actually have a handful of friends that are SUX fans. I usually go to 5-6 SUX games per year with them and vice versa. So out of the 10 of us, its probably half Cub fans and half SUX fans. Yes I will be rooting for the Brewers, no I wont be wearing anything related to the Cubs. I hate the SUX that much that I would root for a divisional rival including the Cards. Yes I will be booing and talking shit to the SUX players and their fans. SUX fans dont travel well, so highly doubt there will be that many at the game.

Reactions: Marko

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
To answer your first question, I had absolutely no expectations for them this year after the salary dump (Darvish). Still and always will be a die hard fan, but I'm boycotting them this year and for the foreseeable future due to a lying POS owner. He said all money would be dumped back in to the team. But then he decided to go buy the whole fucking neighborhood and now crying broke. So I WILL NOT step foot in Wrigley or buy any Cubs merch until they show me different.
My Daughter is also a huge Cubs fan and we always go to a game for her B Day which is next month. So if she wants to go, then I'll swallow my pride and go with her.

My brother and one of my good friends are both SUX fans, I actually have a handful of friends that are SUX fans. I usually go to 5-6 SUX games per year with them and vice versa. So out of the 10 of us, its probably half Cub fans and half SUX fans. Yes I will be rooting for the Brewers, no I wont be wearing anything related to the Cubs. I hate the SUX that much that I would root for a divisional rival including the Cards. Yes I will be booing and talking shit to the SUX players and their fans. SUX fans don't travel well, so highly doubt there will be that many at the game.

LOL, you sound like a joy to hang out with...... Hey, I know all to much about shitty ownership as I have been a Life Long White Sox ( you keep spelling Sox wrong) and Blackhawks fan and will be until I die. I respect you standing up to the faults of your team and owning them. I have been to Miller Park quite a few times, one of which was seeing the Sox play and seeing Burhle hitting a HR!, I really enjoy Miller manly cause I love me some Miller Lite beer. Hey you enjoy yourself at the game Bud, and GO WhiteSox

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The ****s are gearing up for a fire sale. Que the 2nd rebuild. The Worlds Largest Gaybar will look like a ghost town again. Luckily for all the **** fans they can jump on the bandwagon and watch good baseball for the next few years.
LMMFAO, and how many rebuilds have the SUX went thru since 05? Traded Tatis for James Big Game Shields during the 3rd or 4th rebuild?
Lets not forget about the "white flag" year as well back in the late 90's. So the SUX arent a great organization either.
Good baseball doesnt win Championships, great baseball does, so you can be content with good baseball all you want!

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

I agree. Since the Cubs finally won the WS. All the owners care about now is making money.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I agree. Since the Cubs finally won the WS. All the owners care about now is making money.
Ehhh I’m not sure about that, I think they made some bad financial decisions, and made some poor contract signings. Winning brings money, even if you are the Cubs with maybe a top 3 fan base.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They tried to win another by trading for Q, signing Catellanos and Kimbrell etc. But it didn’t work out. Letting Schwarbs, Lester and trading Darvish/Caratini, not resigning Castellanos 2yrs ago was just fucking asinine.
They pretty much gave up after 19 when they still had the core intact another 2-3yrs. Ricketts is a lying POS.

Reactions: GLADIATOR and Marko

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Wrigley Field is still better than that dump on the south side. It fits for the dirty fans.
As far as the park and just the park Comiskey is far better, now you want the entire baseball experience well Wrigley has Comiskey beat. I’m old school though, I’ll hit up Turtles/cork and Carey’s before I’m gonna try to find a square to stand in at Murphey’s or what ever bar is across the street from Wrigley

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ehhh I’m not sure about that, I think they made some bad financial decisions, and made some poor contract signings. Winning brings money, even if you are the Cubs with maybe a top 3 fan base.
J-Hey contract wound up biting them in the ass more than others. Q never lived up to expectations. J-Hey was going to get that money regardless. Iirc the Cards offered him more at the time.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Wrigley Field is still better than that dump on the south side. It fits for the dirty fans.
Lol, it's not even close. The shithole stadium you have has "history" and that's about it. The history is has is 99.99999% a history of losing too. It's a bitch to get to, has zero parking, is falling apart and the food sucks. The only saving grace is the neighborhood bars and restaurants. You guys are lucky you have tourists visiting because other than that there is no way that shithole would be the destination it is.

Huggerorange73

chicago car board trump lovers president & ceo
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I thought Cub fans don't care about the Sox?

You're driving up to Milwaukee to be at a game for the 2 teams you hate the most? Cub fans are truly a special breed.

And what the hell is a "sux" and is there some special gain to be had by putting it in all caps?

Hilarious. Enjoy another 108 years of suckage that's incoming.

PS: - The Shields trade wasn't a rebuild, it was trying to add another pitcher to get into the postseason. Also Tatis was a 17 year old throw in at the time that trade was made....but as Lead Pipe Lead Pipe "don't let facts ruin a good story"

Reactions: MrMezger996

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't even remember why the c word is on the word filter list...I must have had a good reason.

giphy.gif

someone had a tempertantrum and couldn't stop calling me it.

Thread Info