TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Not impossible, but yes I agree they are doomed, fucking bums
Probably have a better chance of seeing them blow the team up and start over at the trade deadline.
i hate everyone GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Not impossible. Put a couple strings of win streaks together and limit your losses to ones/two's between those.

The Sox are only 42 games (a quarter of the way in to the season) at 14-28, so there is a lot of season to go. If we were late August or in to September, I'd be curling up and dieing.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Not impossible. Put a couple strings of win streaks together and limit your losses to ones/two's between those.

The Sox are only 42 games (a quarter of the way in to the season) at 14-28, so there is a lot of season to go. If we were late August or in to September, I'd be curling up and dieing.
Imagine this feeling for 108 consecutive seasons.

This probably explains why Shawn1112 Shawn1112 has generational anger.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Imagine this feeling for 108 consecutive seasons.

This probably explains why Shawn1112 Shawn1112 has generational anger.
Again, there is 120 games left to go... So winning another 60'ish, isn't unreasonable at this point in the season if they were to get their shit together.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
With a pitching staff that is like the 3rd worst in the league ERA wise. What gives you this glimmer of hope?
Because math...

They are 14 & 28. That is 42 games played so far.

14 wins out of 42 is 33% run rate.

120 games left in the season, at 33% = 40 more wins.

now lets factor that they simply just perform better overall at some point (can't stink it up that bad for all 162...), that will add to the 40 games. Lets say they hit one or two hot streaks, that too will add to the win column. So 60/65/67 (67 being the current magic number to maintain .500) isn't unreasonable at this juncture in the season.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Because math...

They are 14 & 28. That is 42 games played so far.

14 wins out of 42 is 33% run rate.

120 games left in the season, at 33% = 40 more wins.

now lets factor that they simply just perform better overall at some point (can't stink it up that bad for all 162...), that will add to the 40 games. Lets say they hit one or two hot streaks, that too will add to the win column. So 60/65/67 (67 being the current magic number to maintain .500) isn't unreasonable at this juncture in the season.
??????
Pretty sad that with that team your okay with them possibly being .500 AGAIN

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's just mind blowing a die-hard Cub "fan" talks and thinks more about the Sox than the Cubs.

Why don't you come out of the closet, it's 2023...all the cool kids have done it already!
Vamos Get Out GIF by Travis
Told you, I’d off myself before that ever happens. Unlike you, I’m not a homer and can accept reality. The Cubs are what they are, nothing more, nothing less. I’m not gonna brag about shit and give you any ammunition until they are at least contending for the division.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
But you do seem fixated on the Sox. I dislike the Cubs, but could really care less about them TBH.
I've already mentioned this at least 5 times. Yes I'm fixated on the SUX losing and or getting injured.
Mike gets it, but I dont think your grasp how much I hate those MFers. Their team plane could crash and burn and I would throw a fucking party NFG
Now ask yourself this, does your dislike of the Cubs go that far, if not then you wouldnt understand.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've already mentioned this at least 5 times. Yes I'm fixated on the SUX losing and or getting injured.
Mike gets it, but I dont think your grasp how much I hate those MFers. Their team plane could crash and burn and I would throw a fucking party NFG
Now ask yourself this, does your dislike of the Cubs go that far, if not then you wouldnt understand.
I understand that. And as I have mentioned to you, my only team on earth where my hatred is equal (or probably greater), is that football team to the north that wears diarrhea green and puke yellow colors. So I get the hatred. However, I don't spend my life fixated on their every loss or injury that occurs to them. Am I happy they lose? Fucking absolutely! Did I secretly want to see Favre or Rodgers get hit so hard, they came out of their shoes and suffered season ending injuries. FUCK YEA~! But I don't obsess over them.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I understand that. And as I have mentioned to you, my only team on earth where my hatred is equal (or probably greater), is that football team to the north that wears diarrhea green and puke yellow colors. So I get the hatred. However, I don't spend my life fixated on their every loss or injury that occurs to them. Am I happy they lose? Fucking absolutely! Did I secretly want to see Favre or Rodgers get hit so hard, they came out of their shoes and suffered season ending injuries. FUCK YEA~! But I don't obsess over them.
We arent the same, my hatred just runs a little deeper.
The priest that molested me and stuck his finger up my ass when I was 7 was a SUX fan
tim curry no GIF

Thread Info