⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
middle finger GIF
He did the same thing to me when I brought this to his attention yesterday except that wasn't his finger....

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe you might like this article

In the '90s, he signed free agents like Tim Raines and Albert Belle. Reinsdorf was always cheap but he used to at least try to compete in free agency. Those days are long over.

Belle's contract at the time was the highest ever awarded in the MLB.... totally checks out with always cheap.

White Sox Twitter, podcasts and fansites like this one are all echo chambers.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
In the '90s, he signed free agents like Tim Raines and Albert Belle. Reinsdorf was always cheap but he used to at least try to compete in free agency. Those days are long over.
So are you agreeing that the game has past him by and that he is a cheap Jew now a days? Your saying “those days are long over”

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
So are you agreeing that the game has past him by and that he is a cheap Jew now a days? Your saying “those days are long over”
They had the 7th highest payroll in the majors last season.

Also was the highest in White Sox history, so I'm struggling to agree with this statement.

If they were in the bottom third or even the bottom half, I'd be far more inclined to agree.

Just my .02

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They had the 7th highest payroll in the majors last season.

Also was the highest in White Sox history, so I'm struggling to agree with this statement.

If they were in the bottom third or even the bottom half, I'd be far more inclined to agree.

Just my .02
When I refer to him as a cheap Jew it’s not team payroll. It’s refusing to sign a premier free agent or give his pitchers the contract they deserve.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
SoX aRe ChEaP!

ThEy ArEn'T dOiNg AnYtHiNg!

Meanwhile.......

* Also, why is Rickets exempt from this type of abuse? Haven't they said numerous times they would spend after they blew up the 2016 dynasty group they refused to resign?

View attachment 143318
Have u not seen me call him a cheap prick several times in this thread.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
You? Yes.....others? No.
If you’re referring to me, why would I give a fuck what the owner of a team I hate does? I hope rickets doesn’t sign another free agent ever again and bulldozes the shithole stadium just to piss off each and every cunt fan on earth. ???

On your recomendation, since I started listening to the CHGO podcast I hear rickets getting slammed for being cheap just like Jerry.

• Haha

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If you’re referring to me, why would I give a fuck what the owner of a team I hate does? I hope rickets doesn’t sign another free agent ever again and bulldozes the shithole stadium just to piss off each and every cunt fan on earth. ???

On your recomendation, since I started listening to the CHGO podcast I hear rickets getting slammed for being cheap just like Jerry.
Although I’m not a huge fan of Rickets lately. But unlike the SUX, when the Cubs window was open he made moves and spent money.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Cubs were 6th in payroll in 2016, and Lester was 20M of that.

But absolutely!

View attachment 143347
Cubs at 141M in 22'
View attachment 143348
Who said anything about team payroll? I said when the Cubs window was open/opening, they made moves and spent money.

Just 3 examples of free agent signings off the top of my head
I could go on with trades as well, but below proves the point I was making.

Signed Lester who was arguably the best starter available that year. Him and Scherzer could be considered 1A and 1B that year.

Signed J Hey who was the biggest free agent on the market.

Needed a closer, signed Kimbrel who was the best available closer at the time.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Who said anything about team payroll? I said when the Cubs window was open/opening, they made moves and spent money.

Just 3 examples of free agent signings off the top of my head
I could go on with trades as well, but below proves the point I was making.

Signed Lester who was arguably the best starter available that year. Him and Scherzer could be considered 1A and 1B that year.

Signed J Hey who was the biggest free agent on the market.

Needed a closer, signed Kimbrel who was the best available closer at the time.
Payroll = Money being spent.

Here's some counterpoints (While not all worked, money was spent and moves were made)

Signed Yasmani Grandal who was arguably the best catcher available that year. (Largest contract in White Sox history)

Signed Liam Hendricks who was the biggest closer on the market to a deal that was said to be an "overpay"

Wanted extra bullpen depth, traded for Kimbrel who was the best available closer on the market.

Locked in all the "core" players to avoid what happened on the North side, when all of them were sent packing due to not getting paid.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Payroll = Money being spent.

Here's some counterpoints (While not all worked, money was spent and moves were made)

Signed Yasmani Grandal who was arguably the best catcher available that year. (Largest contract in White Sox history)

Signed Liam Hendricks who was the biggest closer on the market to a deal that was said to be an "overpay"

Wanted extra bullpen depth, traded for Kimbrel who was the best available closer on the market.

Locked in all the "core" players to avoid what happened on the North side, when all of them were sent packing due to not getting paid.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Please post all the guys they were in on and missed due to cheaping out, Machado, Harper, Cole, etc.
Also please post all their needs the last 3yrs that they settled on plan B instead of going after a guy that possibly could have put them over the top

Grandal contract being the biggest in SUX history isnt something to brag about, it just further proves my point.

Our core players went to the NLCS 3yrs in a row, and won a WS. Your core players havent won a playoff series and couldnt even make the playoffs laat year in the weakest division in baseball. So regardless of what happened with their contract situations, they did the job imo.

Thread Info