⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I don’t want Ozzie back but I would have picked him over TLR. I hope they go outside the organization but I’m not holding my breath.

The three biggest contracts going into 2023. Grandal, Moncada and Lynn. There’s not much room to cut payroll. Abreu’s 18M will come off the books but you know Pollak will pick up his 10M option. Most player are getting close to 30 so this isn’t a young team any more. IMO they need to make some heartbreaker trades to change the lineup around. Rinse and repeat will most likely net the same result. Cleveland will be an even bigger problem next year.
I 100% agree that one of the 4-5 DH's need to be traded, you got nowhere to put those guys. Vaugn, Jimenez, and Sheets in the outfield is hilarious and cant be taken seriously by a team that wants to contend imo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
  • Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Also the way he bashed the SUX this year, cant sit well with Hahn and Williams lol.

Had a couple of those guys been signed by the SUX, they probably make a very deep run if not win it all last year imo. Could care less what they did on other teams.

SUX payroll is misleading, isnt 18 million of that going to a pitcher who is no longer on the team?

Shelling out big dollars on a couple of guys betters your chances on winning it all. Yes your going to eat the last couple of years, but if you win one or maybe 2 it was money well spent imo.

Spending cheaply, I mean wisely has really worked out the last 3yrs.
I agree with you on the bashing comment, been saying that for a long time myself.....can't imagine he'd be welcome in the clubhouse with the shit he's been spewing all year.

That's possible, but what are you losing by signing those guys? We'll never know right?

The historical track record of huge signings is extremely poor, I'd rather take that money and build a solid roster up and down then blow it on one or two guys.

Payroll is broken down in the previous post.

Has it worked out the last 3 years? 2 playoff appearances say yes....should have been three.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Notice I asked about Keuchal contract as I wasnt sure. So is his money in that 30 million deferred and it doesnt count at all against the team payroll?
Do you have this shit stored in your computer lol
I'm really starting to see Flyn come out in you with the SUX :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I know Lead Pipe Lead Pipe thinks I'm a shill and a homer.....but I take this shit to heart, and I educate the fuck out of myself on the team so I can speak with knowledge instead of opinion.

The more factual information you have, the better you can understand the situation....no matter what the situation may be.

I'm flattered and insulted by that comparison.....I'm a die hard, but to be on his level I'd have to be on here in 2017 telling you Dylan Covey will be a Cy Young award winner.

• Haha

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I 100% agree that one of the 4-5 DH's need to be traded, you got nowhere to put those guys. Vaugn, Jimenez, and Sheets in the outfield is hilarious and cant be taken seriously by a team that wants to contend imo.
All that really needs to happen here is for Pito to either retire, or understand that if he wants to return in 23' he MUST assume a reduced role.

This allows you to get Vaughn at 1st where he belongs, Sheets/Abreu to spell him and DH where needed.

Eloy can be a decent LF, but he needs to avoid injury. If Pito goes away....Eloy can slide into the DH role full time....Pollock will 100% exercise his option, so slide his ass into LF with Engel to spell him or let Eloy out there once a week.

Colas or a free agent OF in right and you have just solved a shit ton of problems.

Much of 2023 really hinges on what Pito ends up doing.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I think some guys are what they are at this point:

Moncada is bottom of the order, replacement level bat with an above average glove.

Eloy is the best hitter on the team with injury issues.

Vaughn maybe your best all around ball player.

Robert is Byron Buxton 2.0

Anderson will hit .300 when he's in the lineup.

The rest of the order needs to be addressed as those 5 guys are your core.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A 3 time world series champion, the second most wins and a hall of fame manager?

If so, you nailed it.
Please check my posts from when he was hired. I said the SUX wouldnt win a WS with him and the game past him bye.
So yes he is what I said he was when they hired his stupid alcoholic ass.

How many WS titles did he win with the SUX?
How many American League Pennants did he win with the SUX?
He will be remembered for what he did in Oakland and St Louis, oh yeah, and what he couldnt do in Chgo.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
TLR was PART of the problem, not THE problem.

There's a substantial difference there.

Nobody could have managed what happened this season any better.

Time to move on and refocus on 2023.

Body language, facial expression and overall tone of this press conference reflected the top to bottom embarrassment the 2022 White Sox were.

Bigger and better things are coming to the South Side in 2023, bet your ass on that.

• Haha

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Look at the socalled "fan" Lead Pipe Lead Pipe liking that post.

But his dumbass will be first in line buying championship gear.

#falsefan
Can't buy championship gear when they don' t make the fucking playoffs....
Think About It GIF by Identity

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Two of these quotes came from Rick Hahn in 2020 (when the ultimately hired TLR) and 2 came a press conference yesterday. You tell me which is which…

“Ideally, the right candidate has recent experience in the dugout on a championship-level team.”

“Ultimately, I think the best candidate or the ideal candidate is going to be someone who has experience with a championship organization in recent years. Recent October experience with a championship organization would be ideal. But we’re going to keep an open mind.”

“We have been insular in our past hirings. That’s objectively true and no one can run from that.”

“I think we are going to use this opportunity to get different perspectives. New way of looking at things, a little different from those who have been a little more insular to the organization.”

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Two of these quotes came from Rick Hahn in 2020 (when the ultimately hired TLR) and 2 came a press conference yesterday. You tell me which is which…
Hahn didn't hire TLR, he wanted Hinch and was overruled by Jerry.

While the words may look the same the situations are totally different.

2020 they were a young team on the rise, and Jerry thought TLR would bring it home.

In 2022, the entire franchise has egg on it's face from the top down.

The fact you think it will be wash, rinse and repeat goes to show you how disconnected you are.

This is the last time I'm wasting bandwidth on your stupid ass posts.

Thread Info