Maricopa
Yup

2022.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Guy on the verge of a historical season doing this....how terrible.

Would make more sense if it said Nick Madrigal. (You probably forgot about him since he only played 59 games)
Fuck Madrigal, no place to put him and he has never stayed healthy. I'm more excited about Hauer, has closer stuff and should be our future closer.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So much for "They'll win their division".... :ROFLMAO:
I thought they would take over the division lead by July 4th............lmmfao
FUCKING BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its funny, all of the bandwagon fans that were in this thread the last 2 Octobers are insanely quiet.
Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 Lead Pipe Lead Pipe not shots at you 2, but they know who the fuck they are. Only heard from when the SUX are doing well.

Reports from one of the Spanish SUX affiliates that the SUX have made their decision to move on from TRL
Now I have to dig deep to see who bet me on TCG when I said they would never win with that idiot managing the team.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I thought they would take over the division lead by July 4th............lmmfao
FUCKING BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its funny, all of the bandwagon fans that were in this thread the last 2 Octobers are insanely quiet.
Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 Lead Pipe Lead Pipe not shots at you 2, but they know who the fuck they are. Only heard from when the SUX are doing well.

Reports from one of the Spanish SUX affiliates that the SUX have made their decision to move on from TRL
Now I have to dig deep to see who bet me on TCG when I said they would never win with that idiot managing the team.
They were replaced by the bandwagon c.unt fans to drop in and say "lOoK dEm SuX aIn'T iN dE pLaYoFfS" ??

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lots of talk regarding bring Ozzie back on sports radio this morning.
Realistically, who do you guys want, I'd especially like Spivitz Spivitz choice of manager.
Also did not realize the Indians farm system shot all the way up to #3. I'm always paying attention to the Cubs farm, and usually check the rest of MLB every couple of months. Last I checked, the Indians were middle of the pack.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Lots of talk regarding bring Ozzie back on sports radio this morning.
Realistically, who do you guys want, I'd especially like Spivitz Spivitz choice of manager.
Also did not realize the Indians farm system shot all the way up to #3. I'm always paying attention to the Cubs farm, and usually check the rest of MLB every couple of months. Last I checked, the Indians were middle of the pack.
I don't think Ozzie is the best choice for a multitude of reasons.

I think it's going to be handed off to Cairo (based on how quickly the ship sunk following the 1st loss to the Indians, not sure this is wise) I haven't really researched a bunch on what top choices out there are to be honest.

I've been busy looking into free agents and where the current contract obligations are.

Those farm system ratings are always in flux as guys graduate and "studs" rise or fall.

Y'all think the Sox are cheap? The Indians make the Sox look like the Dodgers.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I don't think Ozzie is the best choice for a multitude of reasons.

I think it's going to be handed off to Cairo (based on how quickly the ship sunk following the 1st loss to the Indians, not sure this is wise) I haven't really researched a bunch on what top choices out there are to be honest.

I've been busy looking into free agents and where the current contract obligations are.

Those farm system ratings are always in flux as guys graduate and "studs" rise or fall.

Y'all think the Sox are cheap? The Indians make the Sox look like the Dodgers.
Did Ozzie and Ken Williams squash their beef?

SUX losing 8 in a row and Cairo gets the job? IDK about that one, but we shall see.
He went in on the team publicly and privately last week and it didnt do jack shit lol.

Agreed on the farm system, prospects are always suspects

Yes the SUX are cheap, 3rd largest market in the country, where is Cleveland ranked on that list.
We have been thru this a dozen times, you say no, I say yes.
But a 74 million dollar contract being the biggest in team history has CHEAP written all over it.
Machado, Cole, Bauer, Schwarbs, Castelannos etc.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Did Ozzie and Ken Williams squash their beef?

SUX losing 8 in a row and Cairo gets the job? IDK about that one, but we shall see.
He went in on the team publicly and privately last week and it didnt do jack shit lol.

Agreed on the farm system, prospects are always suspects

Yes the SUX are cheap, 3rd largest market in the country, where is Cleveland ranked on that list.
We have been thru this a dozen times, you say no, I say yes.
But a 74 million dollar contract being the biggest in team history has CHEAP written all over it.
Machado, Cole, Bauer, Schwarbs, Castelannos etc.
I believe they mended the fences, to what extent? No clue

Didn't say I agree with the choice, but I could see them handing him the job.

Remind me again how many rings those signings you listed racked up after the went to their new teams.

Sox payroll was 7th in baseball, they outspent 23 other clubs.....how that's cheap is a mystery to me.

Shelling out big dollars to one guy just doesn't work out well as it really handcuffs you in many ways, some that are long lasting.

Rather spend wisely in quantity over spending in bulk for one guy.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I don’t want Ozzie back but I would have picked him over TLR. I hope they go outside the organization but I’m not holding my breath.

The three biggest contracts going into 2023. Grandal, Moncada and Lynn. There’s not much room to cut payroll. Abreu’s 18M will come off the books but you know Pollak will pick up his 10M option. Most player are getting close to 30 so this isn’t a young team any more. IMO they need to make some heartbreaker trades to change the lineup around. Rinse and repeat will most likely net the same result. Cleveland will be an even bigger problem next year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I believe they mended the fences, to what extent? No clue

Didn't say I agree with the choice, but I could see them handing him the job.

Remind me again how many rings those signings you listed racked up after the went to their new teams.

Sox payroll was 7th in baseball, they outspent 23 other clubs.....how that's cheap is a mystery to me.

Shelling out big dollars to one guy just doesn't work out well as it really handcuffs you in many ways, some that are long lasting.

Rather spend wisely in quantity over spending in bulk for one guy.
Also the way he bashed the SUX this year, cant sit well with Hahn and Williams lol.

Had a couple of those guys been signed by the SUX, they probably make a very deep run if not win it all last year imo. Could care less what they did on other teams.

SUX payroll is misleading, isnt 18 million of that going to a pitcher who is no longer on the team?

Shelling out big dollars on a couple of guys betters your chances on winning it all. Yes your going to eat the last couple of years, but if you win one or maybe 2 it was money well spent imo.

Spending cheaply, I mean wisely has really worked out the last 3yrs.

Thread Info