⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
I wanna talk some baseball!

1 topic I saw today... what to do with Castro??

I think his time might be up in Chicago and if you can work him into a deal.. such as for Shields who just cleared waivers, see ya.

I also read that maybe you try him in center, I like that idea. Then if it somewhat works he can be the utility player to bounce around everywhere.

As for now I want to see Baez back up at 2nd, another bat and this team might really do something this year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
when its all said and done both teams will be watching the playoffs from home...
Probably right, but the Cubs future is a hell of a lot brighter than the SUX! If Cubs sneak in to playoffs with the #2 wild card spot that's a bonus this year imo. I'm hoping they sign another stud pitcher in the off season then they will compete with the Cards for the division.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Did you remember no one cared either when they won? That even pissed off Ozzie. :bowrofl:

The Sox will always be the bastard team in Chicago.

No I actually don't remember that since their parade was the highest attended until the hawks won. Also attendance in 2006 was pretty high. Oh also I know you guys have a hard time grasping this concept but there's no trophy for popularity...

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Sox still play good enough ball to beat the Cubs.....

Every year all you scrub fans get all hyped up and then at the end of the year... Well you know the saying :rofl:

I'll take a playoff appearance all day over winning 2 out of 3 in the crosstown series. 2 wins for the Sox!!! Get out the trophy!

Every year? Really? I'll admit I was pretty excited about them in 98, 03, 07 and 08, but every year? Nope. I'm a realist.

The difference now is there is actually a reason besides them winning games this season to get excited. The franchise has been re-built from the ground up. They have the best farm system in baseball which they've never had before. They are developing talent instead of trying to buy it, and the talent is producing.

On the south side? Not looking so good. The Sox have been trying to buy talent and their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. They trade away prospects for players that don't produce. They will probably have another new Manager next year and it will be half a decade before they might be competitive again.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'll take a playoff appearance all day over winning 2 out of 3 in the crosstown series. 2 wins for the Sox!!! Get out the trophy!

Every year? Really? I'll admit I was pretty excited about them in 98, 03, 07 and 08, but every year? Nope. I'm a realist.

The difference now is there is actually a reason besides them winning games this season to get excited. The franchise has been re-built from the ground up. They have the best farm system in baseball which they've never had before. They are developing talent instead of trying to buy it, and the talent is producing.

On the south side? Not looking so good. The Sox have been trying to buy talent and their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. They trade away prospects for players that don't produce. They will probably have another new Manager next year and it will be half a decade before they might be competitive again.

As of today, making no changes at all, I would take the Sox team over the cubs in 2016.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You think maybe the capacity of their respective stadiums might have something do with that? If the UC fit 100K people, there would be 100K people there every game.

Just look at the attendance at the Cup parades Vs. the White Sox WS parade.... The Hawks fan base dwarfs the White Sox fan base.

It's one city. The rest of the country couldnt care less about hockey and you're forgetting the Sox share the city with the Cubs. Most hockey teams don't come anywhere near capacity.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Also, why do Cubs fans talk about quit living in the past when all you idiots talk about is living in the future. Counting your chickens before the egg has even been laid. It happened in my lifetime, I remember it, it was awesome. Having a good season like the Cubs are having right now and being optimistic about your team is not the same as winning it all.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
But it's SOMETHING... Shit on it all you want but being vested in your team isn't a crime. 15 over with little changed at the deadline, a stocked farm system and a rehabbed stadium.. You're right..... How dare we be excited. Ps- enjoy your memories, I plan to do the same hopefully a couple times in the next decade.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Cubs+Meme.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I had no idea sports could elicit so much genuinely angry feels from people.

The Cubs are a great team to watch this year. They're a young team making young mistakes but they're scrapping it out and everyone is contributing. That is fun to watch and it's fun to think about how good they will be with a couple more pieces and how long they have the potential to be good since everyone is so young.

If you can't look at the Cubs right now and admit they are a solid team with a lot of promise you're not a baseball fan. Admitting that the Cubs are good or that the Sox are good doesn't make you less of a fan for your team. The Cubs are a good team playing really fun to watch baseball. I give two shits about them specifically beating the Sox over any other team. I think the whole rivalry thing played out ten years ago. Nobody seems to care any more. I certainly don't.

Thread Info