⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Was the last game you watched in 2005 Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 ?? :s00ls::s00ls::s00ls::kanye:
I think it should have been.

White Sox made an 11-1 postseason run in 2005 that included 4 complete game wins in the ALCS on the way to a sweep in the World Series.

I watch all the games, and attend anywhere from 20 to 30 games per season.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I think it should have been.

White Sox made an 11-1 postseason run in 2005 that included 4 complete game wins in the ALCS on the way to a sweep in the World Series.

I watch all the games, and attend anywhere from 20 to 30 games per season.
Sounds like it would have saved you a lot of money! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Sounds like it would have saved you a lot of money! lol
You're not wrong, not to mention all the time I have invested.

However, baseball has been one of the strongest ties in my family.

Was between my dad & I, and for sure is for myself and my sons...so in that regard I cannot say it's a waste of time or money.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
You're not wrong, not to mention all the time I have invested.

However, baseball has been one of the strongest ties in my family.

Was between my dad & I, and for sure is for myself and my sons...so in that regard I cannot say it's a waste of time or money.
You can't put a price on that. That's awesome then.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I was thrilled my dad got see the Sox win it all in 05' my sons at that point were 5 and 1...so they don't remember much....but they can say they "saw" it.
Don't tell Shawn, but growing up, my buddies dad used to get tickets to the Sox, and we'd go to games multiple times a week.

But, then I grew up, and liked the Cubs more :bigthumb:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Don't tell Shawn, but growing up, my buddies dad used to get tickets to the Sox, and we'd go to games multiple times a week.

But, then I grew up, and liked the Cubs more :bigthumb:
NFG, I go to SUX games with my brother and friends that are SUX fans. I just simply cheer for the other team, sometimes rather loudly

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
“We need to be more aggressive, show more swagger,” said right-hander Johnny Cueto, who allowed three runs (two earned) in his latest quality start. “We can’t get comfortable. We need to go out and play and play hard and show what we can do.

“We need to fight. We need to show the fire that we have — if we have any.”

That last sentence is damning. This team is cooked in 22'

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
“We need to be more aggressive, show more swagger,” said right-hander Johnny Cueto, who allowed three runs (two earned) in his latest quality start. “We can’t get comfortable. We need to go out and play and play hard and show what we can do.

“We need to fight. We need to show the fire that we have — if we have any.”

That last sentence is damning. This team is cooked in 22'
Heard his comments on 670 this morning. I'm telling you, its TLR dude. He is stuck in his ways and doesnt connect with the young guys, especially the young latin players. I said it in this thread when they hired him (that it wouldnt work), the game has passed him by.

When he went in on Yermin for swinging on a 3-0 pitch when they clearly gave him the take sign. The players sided with Yermin, that told you everything you pretty much needed to know about how much the players respect TLR.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Heard his comments on 670 this morning. I'm telling you, its TLR dude. He is stuck in his ways and doesnt connect with the young guys, especially the young latin players. I said it in this thread when they hired him (that it wouldnt work), the game has passed him by.

When he went in on Yermin for swinging on a 3-0 pitch when they clearly gave him the take sign. The players sided with Yermin, that told you everything you pretty much needed to know about how much the players respect TLR.
I have a feeling it's the opposite.

I think he's become too much of a player's manager and not kicking them in the ass when needed.

Either way, he's going to need to resign in the off season....because everyone knows there is no way possible Jerry is going to fire his friend twice.

The roster construction has flaws (but let's be honest, every MLB roster is flawed) but the underperformance of this talent level is alarming to say the least.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Also in before the hate train gets here.

Bases loaded 0 outs and you don't score a run... ?‍♂️
Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

• Haha

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Also in before the hate train gets here.

Bases loaded 0 outs and you don't score a run... ?‍♂️
You called?
Didnt see any of the game or highlights, worked an overtime job and just walked in.
Did those scumbags just lose 3 of 4 to the Royals, and did the bullpen shit the bed AGAIN?
19 games straight against teams below .500 that the SUX should be murdering and probably shoulda took over 1st place.
Thru 16 of those games they are 8-8, lmmfao. If you combine their record from the 2nd half of last year, on top of this year. They are literally an average team.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
You called?
Didnt see any of the game or highlights, worked an overtime job and just walked in.
Did those scumbags just lose 3 of 4 to the Royals, and did the bullpen shit the bed AGAIN?
19 games straight against teams below .500 that the SUX should be murdering and probably shoulda took over 1st place.
Thru 16 of those games they are 8-8, lmmfao. If you combine their record from the 2nd half of last year, on top of this year. They are literally an average team.
That's false, they are actually 8 games over in that span.

Pen didn't blow this, the impotent offense did...again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
That's false, they are actually 8 games over in that span.

Pen didn't blow this, the impotent offense did...again.
Huh, they aint even 8 games over for the season, you lost me with that one.
Last 16 games they are 8-8
If the pen didnt give up 4 runs, according to my math, the SUX would have won.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Huh, they aint even 8 games over for the season, you lost me with that one.
Last 16 games they are 8-8
If the pen didnt give up 4 runs, according to my math, the SUX would have won.
If combine the second half of last year plus this year, they are in fact 8 games over .500.

And the offense cost them this game again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
39-34 2nd half of last season, and they are back to .500 this year.
So that puts them 5 games over, so pretty average
Compared to their 1st half, yes they shit the bed

Thread Info