⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Heyward is a prime example. I looked up his career stats and nothing he did not ATL or STL made him work 180 million
but
the Cubs thought otherwise.
Yes they overpaid for him, however the Cards and one other team did offer him either more per year on a shorter deal or an overall bigger contract.
He was the top free agent when they signed him, left handed bat with some power potential, hit like .280ish the year before, hit 30ish HR a couple of years before and was the best defensive outfielder in the game at the time. They wouldnt have won the WS without him, and not because of his so called "speech"
His defense and veteran presence in the clubhouse is what was huge imo. Everyone knew like with Lesters contract, the tail end would bite the Cubs in the ass, but thats the price of playing poker. For the record, he really shit the bed offensively thru the life of the contract lol

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
He had one "good" not "great" season with STL and one with ATL, and somehow the Cubs organization thought that was worth 180 million.....

He got that money though because of his fielding, not his hitting. I will give him credit on that, he is a phenominal fielder with a great arm, but that's only one side of baseball... He is an atrocious hitter.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
He had one "good" not "great" season with STL and one with ATL, and somehow the Cubs organization thought that was worth 180 million.....

He got that money though because of his fielding, not his hitting. I will give him credit on that, he is a phenominal fielder with a great arm, but that's only one side of baseball... He is an atrocious hitter.

his glove is not good enough to land him in the lineup everyday. I have flipped on the Cubs several times this year and he is riding pine.
IDK if he is battling an injury or what but he's not earning the 180 mil with his glove.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

He was only in STL for one season (2015) and I just looked it up. Batted .293, 23 SB, a WAR of 6.9 Gold Glove, and some MVP votes
Thats a great season imo and what made him the biggest fish on the market that off season.
his glove is not good enough to land him in the lineup everyday. I have flipped on the Cubs several times this year and he is riding pine.
IDK if he is battling an injury or what but he's not earning the 180 mil with his glove.
He is nothing but a role player/defensive replacement now a days especially after the Cubs signed Suzuki. Nobody wants whats left on his contact so they either DFA him and eat the contract. Or keep him around to teach the young kids the proper way to play the game and or how to be a professional. They guy is seriously a class act. I remember watching his first at bat in the big leagues and he crushed a HR off the Cubs. After his rookie year, I thought he had a chance to be the next Griffey Jr, boy was I wrong lol.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
win GIF

Screenshot_20220616-095019_Google.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Did the Cubs join a slow pitch softball league?

These scores over the last 10 games can't be from MLB.
Well when your starting pitching staff resembles a AAA and AA team that will happen. I know damn well your not trying to poke your chest out cause the SUX just swept a team as bad as the Cubs.
Bye Hendricks ♿♿♿♿

Huggerorange73

chicago car board trump lovers president & ceo
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Well when your starting pitching staff resembles a AAA and AA team that will happen. I know damn well your not trying to poke your chest out cause the SUX just swept a team as bad as the Cubs.
Bye Hendricks ♿♿♿♿
Didn't the Cubs just win a World Series 6 years ago? Thought 10 straight NL Central titles were a lock.

Pretty pathetic to see what's happening to that crew.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didn't the Cubs just win a World Series 6 years ago? Thought 10 straight NL Central titles were a lock.

Pretty pathetic to see what's happening to that crew.
Show me who said 10 straight NL Central titles and I'll tell you that MFer doesnt know baseball. Who was the last team to do that, the Braves with Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz and that whole crew. Dodgers are probably close right now, but then look at their payroll lol.

I agree 100000% and I've said it numerous times in this thread, I'm boycotting Wrigley and have been the last few years. The Ricketts, especially Tom are the biggest lying POS fucking scumbags on the planet imo. When they bought the team and talked about the Marquee Network, all we heard was every single cent will be poured back in to the team. Now he wants to claim "biblical losses" due to Covid. No MFer, you decided to buy the whole fucking neighborhood (he owns just about every bldg with a rooftop) and now want the fans to suffer while you fatten your pockets again. I agree 100% what Rizzo said last week about there is no reason in hell the Cubs team looks the way it does and their payroll is where it is. Had they signed Correra, it would be a different story as that would have showed they are serious about pouring money in to the team.

Also dont go acting like the SUX are a first class organization either. They are fucking pathetic in their own right and have cheaped out in almost every possible way since the Machado debacle. You have a team who's window is wide open and then go cheap out when there were very good players available that actually wanted to play on the south side. One of the better infield classes of free agents last year in quite some time, and they sign Harrison. Twice now they have passed on Castellanos, I can continue if you like

Huggerorange73

chicago car board trump lovers president & ceo
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Show me who said 10 straight NL Central titles and I'll tell you that MFer doesnt know baseball. Who was the last team to do that, the Braves with Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz and that whole crew. Dodgers are probably close right now, but then look at their payroll lol.

I agree 100000% and I've said it numerous times in this thread, I'm boycotting Wrigley and have been the last few years. The Ricketts, especially Tom are the biggest lying POS fucking scumbags on the planet imo. When they bought the team and talked about the Marquee Network, all we heard was every single cent will be poured back in to the team. Now he wants to claim "biblical losses" due to Covid. No MFer, you decided to buy the whole fucking neighborhood (he owns just about every bldg with a rooftop) and now want the fans to suffer while you fatten your pockets again. I agree 100% what Rizzo said last week about there is no reason in hell the Cubs team looks the way it does and their payroll is where it is. Had they signed Correra, it would be a different story as that would have showed they are serious about pouring money in to the team.

Also dont go acting like the SUX are a first class organization either. They are fucking pathetic in their own right and have cheaped out in almost every possible way since the Machado debacle. You have a team who's window is wide open and then go cheap out when there were very good players available that actually wanted to play on the south side. One of the better infield classes of free agents last year in quite some time, and they sign Harrison. Twice now they have passed on Castellanos, I can continue if you like
Not sure how this helps the Sox:
ABRHHRRBISBAVGOBP
2022 Regular Season23727607312.253.309.710

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm glad you are following the Sox so closely.

Being that it's pride month and all, perhaps it's time for you to come out of the closet and embrace your Sox Pride!
I follow all baseball and can watch it 8hrs a day. For the record, yes I was watching the Astros game.

Glad you brought up pride month. Looks like SUX fans love it as well, including your closer.

E8601A0A-3017-444C-8CBC-47C35158475C.jpeg

8FCECCF5-FF45-4BDC-BD95-28CB972E883E.jpeg

48E67070-EF7A-4213-A76E-00ABEAC180FA.jpeg

F133A394-174F-44DA-8958-BF136F524367.jpeg

2A4BF4AE-8A30-4D85-9784-1EC81D37C4E5.jpeg

204FB1F4-671B-4226-8EB2-A5DE5CFD109A.jpeg

09CE12D3-5F11-46B5-8FD6-47F0F54EEA7C.jpeg

9C752407-E0A3-4FC1-B141-3C66FAC3E882.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shit talking the White Sox while your crew is getting pasted by the Pirates again ???

View attachment 123750
Okay and is this news to anyone? Last I checked the Cubs were one of the worst teams in baseball.
3rd week of June, the SUX play in arguably the worst division in baseball and they are still below .500????
BTW: In case you havent figured it out yet, I'll talk shit about the SUX till the day I die. They can win 8 Championships in a row, and I'll find a reason to talk shit

• Haha

Thread Info