⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
For Cubs fans, this is the World Series.

Guess what, you lost it....again.

White Sox fans expected to beat the Cubs, and will be in the mix for the actual World Series.

You guys remember that right? It's only been 6 years, and 108 before that....
Not my WS, NFG when one team is a pretender, oops I mean a contender and the other team flat out sucks.

Dude your like all the other SUX fans with the 108yr comments. How long did it take the SUX prior to 2005, something like 86yrs or so, thats just as bad as 108.
You guys act like your the damn Yankees with 27 championships.
So guess what, in the last 100yrs we both have 1, thats pretty fucking sad on both sides of town.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Not my WS, NFG when one team is a pretender, oops I mean a contender and the other team flat out sucks.

Dude your like all the other SUX fans with the 108yr comments. How long did it take the SUX prior to 2005, something like 86yrs or so, thats just as bad as 108.
So guess what, in the last 100yrs we both have 1, thats pretty fucking sad on both sides of town.
88 years is bad.

108 is 20 years longer, and the longest drought ever in pro sports.

I don't act like the Yankees, but leading into 2016, Cub fans sure thought that group was the next Yankees dynasty.

OOPS.

My take has always been that Chicago is a HUGE sports town in a major market....the amount of winning that goes on here is pathetic compared to the other large markets.

Reactions: Turk and Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My take has always been that Chicago is a HUGE sports town in a major market....the amount of winning that goes on here is pathetic compared to the other large markets.
At least we can agree on that.

Hope the rest of the SUX season is full of major injuries, bad luck and losing in October!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Even when the cubs were the greatest team to ever grace a diamond, the Sox still played them competitively. Over the last 3 years the Sox are just absolutely embarrassing the scrubs. The NL is garbage and the cubs are a garbage club.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
For Cubs fans, this is the World Series.

Guess what, you lost it....again.

White Sox fans expected to beat the Cubs, and will be in the mix for the actual World Series.

You guys remember that right? It's only been 6 years, and 108 before that....
You’re delusional if you think the Sox are a WS caliber team. Here’s a solid safe prediction: Chicago won’t be playing post season baseball.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
You’re delusional if you think the Sox are a WS caliber team. Here’s a solid safe prediction: Chicago won’t be playing post season baseball.
Right.

Solid starting pitching? Giolito/Lynn/Cease/Kopech
Stacked bullpen? Yup
Stacked offense? Yup

Team has been 128-94 over the last 2 seasons.

I'M DELUSIONAL LOLZ

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
You spelled Cub wrong.
Cubs are going to be pretty poor for a while. I am not sugar coating it. They’re going through a rebuilding phase much like the Sox did recently. The Bears are doing the same thing.

Misery loves company…..It’s been a tough couple of years as a Chicago Sports fan.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Right.

Solid starting pitching? Giolito/Lynn/Cease/Kopech
Stacked bullpen? Yup
Stacked offense? Yup

Team has been 128-94 over the last 2 seasons.

I'M DELUSIONAL LOLZ
A core that cant stay healthy first and foremost

Solid starting pitching, lmmfao.
Giolito is a solid first half pitcher, but pretty much a career .500 pitcher at this point, he also looked like shit in last years playoffs.
Lynn is hurt and has been horrible in the playoffs his last few times out,
Kopech is only going to pitch maybe 150 innings this year and I dont see that happening being he has only pitched around 80 innings in his career up until this year.
Cease is on a tear and looks like an Ace, but lets see if he keeps it up all year
I notice how you left out that $55 million dollar waste of fucking money 5th starter who cant get out of his own way.

Stacked offense during the regular season when healthy, sure when your feasting of the AL Central most of the year.
How did that stacked offense do last October when it counts?

As of last Monday the SUX were like 47-48 since the All Star break last year, thats mediocre in my book.
Go METS!!!
Fuck off James!

• Haha
Reactions: HeavyG and Jamesv82

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
How do they decide when and how many games they play together? I remember years ago this used to be only in the summer and 6 games that were like a week apart. Now it's like 4 games total?
When they are playing the Central division during inter league play they will play 6 games. When the Central isn’t on the schedule then they only play 4 games. But that might change again next year. I thought they were eliminating that and that every team would play each other.

Also having this series the first couple days of May was fucking stupid. These games should be weekend series in the middle of the summer

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Shawn1112 Shawn1112

Let's go Sox ???
G wearing his colors 2

20220506_172647.jpg

Thread Info