⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For his next trick, El Mago will make his batting average disappear.

News for you cubbie fans, Baez sucks, Rizzo was average and Bryant was good, when he actually played. None of that was enough to change the course of the train wreck on the north side.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Weird, he's held his own against other teams quite well.

But, if that makes you feel better about your sorry ass team...roll with it.
Sorry ass team, please show me how good the SUX have been the past 35yrs. I figure thats about the time most of us have been watching baseball give or take 5 years or so. If we are counting rings they both have one, if we count who has contended more, its not even close. We have as many playoff appearances the last 7 years then the SUX the last 37 years.
What’s with cub fans calling their team AAA like it’s some sort of “gotcha” moment.
1) it’s an MLB team, a shitty one, but they play at Wrigley.
2) if cubs fans truly think it’s a AAA team, then they need to look in the mirror and put the clown makeup on for supporting such a shit organization.
3) the 2016 Cubs, the greatest team to ever play the game /s, went 2-2 against the Sox.

Cubs suck. Their fans suck even more for actually supporting this. Javy Baez is crying in NY because their fans actually expect a .200 BA and are booing his ass for sucking. On the northside the cub fan faithful would give him a bj for sliding or running to first. ?
Well its basically a AAA team, thats why. They couldnt make it more obvious that they are tanking for draft position.
I said it in this thread and have friends that will verify (both friends that are Cubs and SUX fans). I clearly stated I'm boycotting this team when they dumped Darvish for nothing, chose Arietta over Lester and failed to re-sign Schwarbs. The writing was on the wall then, that the Ricketts especially Tom were lying POS. Does that make me less of a fan, absolutely not but they will not get a dime of my money. I will not buy any merch or go to Wrigley even if it was free. I have had several opportunities all year long to go to a game and not have to pay for the tix. Hopefully more fans follow suit and hit Ricketts where it hurts the most, in his DEEP pockets.
I'm boycotting the Bears for similar reasons!

Reactions: Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
702B97D0-6D7E-42D4-A889-6FE41907CBDE.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
For his next trick, El Mago will make his batting average disappear.

News for you cubbie fans, Baez sucks, Rizzo was average and Bryant was good, when he actually played. None of that was enough to change the course of the train wreck on the north side.
Rizzo was average, lmmfao.
2013-2019 averaged 25ish HR and 95ish RBI
4 Gold Gloves
1 Platinum Glove

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Baez is fighting with the fans in NY for being booed off the field LOL!! Cubs "fans" were swinging so hard from his nuts they fooled themselves and him into thinking he was good!

For the record and not backing Baez on this one. But if your going to paint a picture, paint the whole picture.
Lindor is also doing it with Baez. I know you guys want to jump on Baez being an X Cub, but Lindor is the highest or close to the highest paid SS in the game.
But you guys make no mention of that :cool:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For the record and not backing Baez on this one. But if your going to paint a picture, paint the whole picture.
Lindor is also doing it with Baez. I know you guys want to jump on Baez being an X Cub, but Lindor is the highest or close to the highest paid SS in the game.
But you guys make no mention of that :cool:
Ever since they traded for EL MAGO their playoff aspirations have disappeared. Quite the magic trick by an overrated flashy player.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ever since they traded for EL MAGO their playoff aspirations have disappeared. Quite the magic trick by an overrated flashy player.
Injuries and Lindor taking a shit have more to do with it then Baez. They lost Syndergard and Degrom to no surprise. That happens every year.
Lindor last I seen was batting like .220, OBP was .310ish with 9-10HR, and under 10 stolen bases.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
He’s literally average according to fangraphs dude. He plays first base in an era where average first baseman are hitting over 30 homers a year. Take your cubbie glasses off. My god.
Fangraphs lets you go back 3yrs. So lets go pre-covid 2016-2019.
Grades out as the 4th best 1st baseman in the league. If you want to go with WRC+ then he ties for 3rd and makes him 34% ABOVE league average.
Again, average lmmfao.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Saturday and Sunday were exact opposites of what I thought would happen. I thought Lynn would shut us out, then we would at least keep it close with Hendricks.
With tickets $150 each, parking $100, beer, food, and going out after the game it damn near was a $500 day. Wouldnt have minded if the Cubs had the same team they started with this year, not the fucking garbage ass AAA team lol. It was all good though, had a blast with 2 of my SUX fan buddies and one other Cub fan. Had a good mixed crowd around us as well, lots of ball busting but nothing even remotely close to a fight. Had 2 straight up white trash hillbillys and one of their GF's sitting in the row in front of us. Super cool dudes and after feeling them out, having a few beers together and ball busting. I told the one that had no front teeth that he was a typical SUX fan, he said what you mean. I said your a toothless hillbilly and that his GF was probably his 1st cousin. He laughed his balls off and actually bought me a beer after that. I said that though after he called me a typical north side wannabe shine because I had Jordans and a white T on. He wasnt quiet when he said that, there were some black people within distance to hear that lol. Me and my guys were rolling when he said that. His GF slapped his arm and told him to look around and informed him how loud he said that.

Did the toothless guy drive a black R8 V10 by any chance?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not saying much when your team is the only team above .500 in the whole division.
Pretty sure the SUX are only 1 or 2 games above .500 in the 2nd half, lmmfao!
Couple more weeks they will be eliminated especially if they get the Astros in the 1st round.
Then we will hear, they did better than the Cubs, they will be better next year blah blah blah.

Reactions: jason05gt

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Not saying much when your team is the only team above .500 in the whole division.
Pretty sure the SUX are only 1 or 2 games above .500 in the 2nd half, lmmfao!
Couple more weeks they will be eliminated especially if they get the Astros in the 1st round.
Then we will hear, they did better than the Cubs, they will be better next year blah blah blah.
Show me on the Tim Anderson doll where the White Sox hurt you.

When they go deep into October, what are you going to say then?

What will your excuse be then?

Something hopefully more original than SUX.

#dobetterjealouscubfan

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Show me on the Tim Anderson doll where the White Sox hurt you.

When they go deep into October, what are you going to say then?

What will your excuse be then?

Something hopefully more original than SUX.

#dobetterjealouscubfan
Win it all or it doesnt matter, nobody remembers 2nd place.
So when they get eliminated what will your excuse and every other SUX fans excuse be?
#falsehope
#sinkingship

Thread Info