⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Not beating my chest, but pointing out that wins in the regular season are irrelevant if you don't make the playoffs. You guys keep throwing wins out there, not me. The Sox played exceptionally well the first half, that's a fact. The team fell apart the second half and didn't make the playoffs. I recall that their pitchers were gassed. That's why I say a 90 win team was an embarrassment....They didn't close the season after almost being a shoe in for the playoffs the first half. If that were the Cubs, I would say they were an embarrassment too!
That has literally been the cubs through this entire dynasty. Dude, they haven’t won a playoff game since 2017!!!

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Not beating my chest, but pointing out that wins in the regular season are irrelevant if you don't make the playoffs. You guys keep throwing wins out there, not me. The Sox played exceptionally well the first half, that's a fact. The team fell apart the second half and didn't make the playoffs. I recall that their pitchers were gassed. That's why I say a 90 win team was an embarrassment....They didn't close the season after almost being a shoe in for the playoffs the first half. If that were the Cubs, I would say they were an embarrassment too!

Except that the Sox pitching threw 4 complete games to secure the AL Pennant, then carried the load again in the WS.

Yes, pitching ran out of gas at then end (Not much of a shock) but to say a 90 win season is a choke is a bit of a stretch.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Absolutely awesome game! The setting and the field looked fantastic!

MLB said they're going to do it again in 2022.
I would hope so, I'm sure it cost a pretty penny to build and maintain the field thru out the year.
I wouldnt be surprised if its a yearly occurrence like the MLB game thats played at the Little League World Series.
Friend of mine who is a huge SUX fan went, took his Dad who has terminal cancer. That was cool as shit in my book

Reactions: Fish

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
The temporary stadium built up by MLB for this game will hold 8,000 people. Once the game ends, it will be disassembled and stored for a potential future use, according to MLB.com.

Given how few seats are available, ticket prices have gone through the roof. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that as of Wednesday afternoon, the average ticket cost on TickPick was $1,326.19, with the most expensive sitting at $3,972 and the cheapest going for $1,220. Only people with an Iowa ZIP code were allowed to buy tickets.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The temporary stadium built up by MLB for this game will hold 8,000 people. Once the game ends, it will be disassembled and stored for a potential future use, according to MLB.com.

Given how few seats are available, ticket prices have gone through the roof. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that as of Wednesday afternoon, the average ticket cost on TickPick was $1,326.19, with the most expensive sitting at $3,972 and the cheapest going for $1,220. Only people with an Iowa ZIP code were allowed to buy tickets.
No shit, thats cool that it can be disassembled.

Thats BS about only people with an Iowa zip code. My buddy works for one of if not the biggest electrical supplier in Illinois. Owner is a season ticket holder and won some sort of lottery for the chance to purchase tix at $400 (dont recall if each or for the pair). Owner knows my buddy is a die hard fan and knows his Dad doesnt have much time left. So he gave my buddy the tix.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I would hope so, I'm sure it cost a pretty penny to build and maintain the field thru out the year.
I wouldnt be surprised if its a yearly occurrence like the MLB game thats played at the Little League World Series.
Friend of mine who is a huge SUX fan went, took his Dad who has terminal cancer. That was cool as shit in my book

No shit, thats cool that it can be disassembled.

Thats BS about only people with an Iowa zip code. My buddy works for one of if not the biggest electrical supplier in Illinois. Owner is a season ticket holder and won some sort of lottery for the chance to purchase tix at $400 (dont recall if each or for the pair). Owner knows my buddy is a die hard fan and knows his Dad doesnt have much time left. So he gave my buddy the tix.

I mean, it doesnt matter who would be playing. Going to the field and watching a game would be amazing. I literally get chills even thinking about the possibility of going to see two MLB teams play.

That is also very cool of the owner. That will be a memory for life for your friend, and probably an amazing memory for his dad.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I mean, it doesnt matter who would be playing. Going to the field and watching a game would be amazing. I literally get chills even thinking about the possibility of going to see two MLB teams play.

That is also very cool of the owner. That will be a memory for life for your friend, and probably an amazing memory for his dad.
Oh I'd go in a heartbeat no matter who was playing. I dont know about spending $1500 on a ticket though lol

Reactions: Dan00Hawk and Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Oh I'd go in a heartbeat no matter who was playing. I dont know about spending $1500 on a ticket though lol

You got me there. :rofl: I am not made of that much money. Ive only ever been to a Bears game when the tickets were free, and even that is cheap compared to what they were saying these tickets were going for.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You got me there. :rofl: I am not made of that much money. Ive only ever been to a Bears game when the tickets were free, and even that is cheap compared to what they were saying these tickets were going for.
Saw a guy from the South Side interviewed last night. Said he paid $1800 for a ticket, lol. My buddy said the cheapest hotel was $600 for a night and not even a great hotel lol. Him and his Dad wound up driving home

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
That awkward moment when the Sox draw more fans in Iowa on makeshift stands than the cubs do at Wrigley shit hole.

98CAFA02-17B0-482F-A4EE-BEE7FBEBA15D.jpeg

Thread Info