⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I think the Cubs are in complete rebuild mode. They are shopping Bryant and Baez too. What a disaster this management is, right back to pre Theo days.
They were all free agents after this season.. we weren't going to resign all three of them and we can still attempt to after the season. At least they'll have a chance to compete. I wish them all well

Reactions: Shawn1112

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe
Cant believe the SUX gave up Madrigal. I know I have asked before but dont remember, does he have the arm to play SS?
The Cubs have Nico at 2nd, just wondering if they plan on moving Madrigal over to SS or if Nico is going to SS next year.

Not complaining about who they got for Baez and Williams. That kid is going to be a stud when his time comes.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Looks like the partys over. The original rebuild got them to the playoffs 5/6 years. Not too bad. So now they'll lose on purpose for another 4-5 years and then you can look forward to them making another push around 2026. The fans will still sell out Wrigley to watch a 0.300 team on a Tuesday afternoon.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The fans will still sell out Wrigley to watch a 0.300 team on a Tuesday afternoon.
Negative, now that we had a taste of winning consistently. That wont happen, shit attendance has been down all year while they still had the core together.
Its too fucking expensive to go to a game now a days, add on that your going to watch essentially a minor league team. 100% wont happen.

Edit: Just looked it up, only averaging 21k per game. Far cry from the 32k-36k they are used to, it will be less by end of season

Reactions: YoushallgoFo

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lol playing to win..... Cubs won't have a winning record for years. I also won't contribute a dime to anything associated with the organization, they don't care. Theo cared, and he's gone.
I boycotted them when they let Lester/Schwarbs walk and traded Yu. I said then and still stand by it. I will not buy any Cubs merch or attend any home games at all until Ricketts commits to winning. MFer bought the whole neighborhood, then wants to cry broke. Said all money including the TV deal would be poured back in to the team......lies

Reactions: Marko

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe
Cant believe the SUX gave up Madrigal. I know I have asked before but dont remember, does he have the arm to play SS?
The Cubs have Nico at 2nd, just wondering if they plan on moving Madrigal over to SS or if Nico is going to SS next year.

Not complaining about who they got for Baez and Williams. That kid is going to be a stud when his time comes.
Madrigal is a good player for sure but you need to give up talent to get talent. He's out the rest of this season so he wasn't going to help the Sox this year anyways. I believe it came down to letting go of Madrigal or Crochet and good pitching beats good hitting any day. Madrigal is a special hitter but has almost zero power. He's not a guy you build a line up around but is a nice to have in a line up with power hitters. His defense never did live up to the hype. He played SS in college but I don't think he has the range or arm to do so in the majors. He will be missed but having the 2 best closers in that same pen is much more valuable for a playoff run.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info