⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Talk shit when your boys are relevant in this town again. Made the playoffs last year due to the playoffs being expanded. If not for the 2 extra teams allowed in, they wouldnt have made it. You and every other SUX fan is nuts if you think you can win it all with the roster you currently have.
Still a stud pitcher away and a few other small pieces to the puzzle.
Still a stud pitcher or two away from being WS contenders without a doubt. Scrubs though...they're at least half a team away from being contenders. Hell, the scubs only have one good pitcher themselves!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Still a stud pitcher or two away from being WS contenders without a doubt. Scrubs though...they're at least half a team away from being contenders. Hell, the scubs only have one good pitcher themselves!
We had owners and management with the balls to go for it in 16. I dont see your ownership doing the same. If they were serious about winning they would have made a serious run for Cole and Castellanos on top of Keichal. If they dont make a serious run for Bauer and Springer this year, then same old SUX ownership. My guess is they sign Ozuna who has been suspected of being on the juice the last 2yrs and overpay for him. You have a stud DH you guys drafted 2yrs ago, so Ozuna would be a waste of money imo.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The Sux owner is too cheap to sign free agents. I don’t see them winning anytime soon.

Also, LaRussa is gonna make the team worse. Lol.
This may be 2 of the dumbest comments you can make. They signed Grandal and went out and offered Wheeler a higher dollar deal than the Phillies last offseason.

Though I'm not happy with the LaRussa hire he still can manage circle around Renteria and 75% of all the other managers in baseball.

Now sit back and watch the Sox own Chicago for the next decade.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I said one of the best defensive CF and still stand by that
I don't think it was you because I could have easily put Engle up against him in defense.

Talk shit when your boys are relevant in this town again. Made the playoffs last year due to the playoffs being expanded. If not for the 2 extra teams allowed in, they wouldnt have made it. You and every other SUX fan is nuts if you think you can win it all with the roster you currently have.
Still a stud pitcher away and a few other small pieces to the puzzle.
What did all the cunts fans do in 2015 when they squeaked into the playoffs since the MLB implemented the 2nd WC??

We need 2 starting pitchers and a RF. Trade for Snell, sign Quintana and sign Colas or the little Cespedes. Done. Hell I'd even sign Schwarber to see what he can do at DH.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I don't think it was you because I could have easily put Engle up against him in defense.

What did all the cunts fans do in 2015 when they squeaked into the playoffs since the MLB implemented the 2nd WC??

We need 2 starting pitchers and a RF. Trade for Snell, sign Quintana and sign Colas or the little Cespedes. Done. Hell I'd even sign Schwarber to see what he can do at DH.
Okay, well I know I have said it, maybe wasnt directed at you. SUX would be fools not to take a look at him as a late inning defensive replacement.
1yr prove it deal, I bet he can be had very cheap. I think Maddon fucked him up in the head and a fresh start is what he needs.

Fuck you think we did, we partied our asses off all the way to the NLCS

Why would you guys sign a DH when that kid you drafted is supposedly the real deal? I wouldnt mind seeing Schwarbs stay put even if it is with you guys. Guy is a 100% class act and busts his ass on and off the field. Does a lot for first responders as well, he is a good dude.

I think Springer is a perfect fit to play RF for you guys

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Okay, well I know I have said it, maybe wasnt directed at you. SUX would be fools not to take a look at him as a late inning defensive replacement.
1yr prove it deal, I bet he can be had very cheap. I think Maddon fucked him up in the head and a fresh start is what he needs.

Fuck you think we did, we partied our asses off all the way to the NLCS

Why would you guys sign a DH when that kid you drafted is supposedly the real deal? I wouldnt mind seeing Schwarbs stay put even if it is with you guys. Guy is a 100% class act and busts his ass on and off the field. Does a lot for first responders as well, he is a good dude.

I think Springer is a perfect fit to play RF for you guys
He needs another year in the minor and he’s too young to DH. He’d play 1st. I’d sign Schwarber to a 1 year prove it deal and see what happens. There’s been a lot of talk to trading the kid for pitching.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
he can manage 75% of all the other managers in baseball ??

This is the dumbest comment made in this entire thread. Lol.
Apparently you didn't watch the World Series....

Also he's a HOF manager so I stand by my comments. Most MLB managers are just ok, very few really impact the outcome of a 162 game season. You're a scrubs fan so I don't expect you to understand baseball.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sox making moves!

Gives up his fare share of home runs. He has 4 pitches and 3 of them are fast balls. SUX are sitting on a boat load of money, how do you not make a serious run at Bauer? You guys sign Bauer and the core of the team stays healthy. As much as I hate to say it, you would win a couple of WS

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Gives up his fare share of home runs. He has 4 pitches and 3 of them are fast balls. SUX are sitting on a boat load of money, how do you not make a serious run at Bauer? You guys sign Bauer and the core of the team stays healthy. As much as I hate to say it, you would win a couple of WS
Agreed. Jerry has to pony up and pay Bauer.

We'll see though....Jerry is a cheap ass!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Don't give up much to make your rotation stronger now and you can still sign Bauer but I don't see it happening.

Reports are they offered Springer a high AAV/shorter term deal and he didn't like it so they have moved on.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Theo saw this coming and ran. He made a lot of stupid trades after 2016 that fucked them. The Chapman trade was the first retarded move but it won them a title.
Chapman trade was pretty fucking stupid imo. But as you said it got them a ring, no way in hell do they get it without Chapman.
Would love to have Gleyber Torres still though.
Darvish trade was 100% salary dump, they didnt get shit for him. Should have waited till trade deadline, would have gotten more

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Chapman trade was pretty fucking stupid imo. But as you said it got them a ring, no way in hell do they get it without Chapman.
Would love to have Gleyber Torres still though.
Darvish trade was 100% salary dump, they didnt get shit for him. Should have waited till trade deadline, would have gotten more
The Darvish trade isn't stupid. The fact that they're having to tear it all down and rebuild already is. They traded away the farm in a few bad deals. Chapman as a rental for Torres was dumb. Cease and Jimenez for Quintana was really dumb but I love it. They should have traded Schwarber in 2017 or 2018 when they could have gotten a couple decent prospects. They also should have traded Bryant before he filed his grievance. Now they non-tendered Schwarber and will most likely see no return for Bryant while he walks. As a cunts fan I'd hope you're pissed that you have to endure another rebuild after 1 title and a couple wildcards.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Darvish trade isn't stupid. The fact that they're having to tear it all down and rebuild already is. They traded away the farm in a few bad deals. Chapman as a rental for Torres was dumb. Cease and Jimenez for Quintana was really dumb but I love it. They should have traded Schwarber in 2017 or 2018 when they could have gotten a couple decent prospects. They also should have traded Bryant before he filed his grievance. Now they non-tendered Schwarber and will most likely see no return for Bryant while he walks. As a cunts fan I'd hope you're pissed that you have to endure another rebuild after 1 title and a couple wildcards.
I think its stupid because they coulda got more, that was 100% salary dump. They (meaning the experts) say most teams window of contention is 5yrs. Well we had our 5yrs and won once. Although I expected at least 2 with that team. Cease and Jiminez I was fine with, Cubs were going all in for another title and it didnt happen. I said it then probably to you and will say it again, Jiminez is nothing but a DH who cant stay healthy. Would love to have Cease back, lol. Agreed with Schwarbs and I said it myself and I also said Krissy Bryant shoulda been traded 2yrs ago. I saw the writing on the wall then that he was a diva who refuses to play thru injuries.

I was going to say I dont think they are going full rebuild. I thought they would sign Baez, Happ and Contresas (spelled wrong). Rebuild on the fly in 3 years. But rumor has it they are trying to move Willie now. I get it, they have a couple of catchers in the minors that are complete studs.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I really like Yu. He could throw some incredible filth but it didn’t happen until 2 years after we got him. Wasted money IMHO. Can’t keep trotting out the same shit. Begin the rebuild!
He was fucked in the head from the sign stealing the Astros put him thru. He was never healthy either the first 1.5 years. He really turned it around 2nd half of his 2nd year here. But yeah, once he came around the man was filthy. Hope he wins one with SD as he was cheated in LA

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe
Let me ask you this bro and not talking shit. Had this same conversation with my lil brother and one of my best friends last night via text.
Seeing SD moves the last 2 days and other teams moves, does that not piss you off as a SUX fan? Last 2 years the SUX have pretty much sought after and signed 2nd tier free agents. Never seriously made a move for a game changer. Last year everyone knew the moves to make were Castellanos and or Cole. Had the money for both and didnt make a run at either. This year Buaer, Springer, Ozuna all there for the taking. You guys sign Adam Eaton???? He is nowhere near the same Eaton you guys had a few years ago. Dont think he has played a full season since he left. I liked the signing as a role/bench player. But then I read he was your starting RF and I LOL because Springer is there. Signed Grandall when you had McCann

Both my Brother and my Buddie are pretty pissed that you guys havent made a serious run at a bonafide game changer. So are a bunch of guys I work with who are SUX fans.

Thread Info