⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sox fucking hired Larussa! I don't get the move at all, but at this point....Jerry better open his damn wallet and sign a stud pitcher or two!
There is no fucking way in this world those young latin studs (90% of your team) want to play for him. I'm not shocked by the hiring but seriously?
Not happening. Get ready for a Quintana reunion.
They are and will be at least a stud pitcher if not 2 away from being serious contenders. No reason why they didnt sign Cole and Keichal last year. They had the money and still have the money to go after Bauer this year who is the cream of the crop imo.
Very surprised at this.... Dude has been retired for 9 years, and is super old and not motivated.
In his defense and again I think its a horrible hiring. He has been in the game the last 9yrs, albeit in a different position. He hasnt been awol the last 9yrs.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
There is no fucking way in this world those young latin studs (90% of your team) want to play for him. I'm not shocked by the hiring but seriously?
Agreed! Its a very young latin team (Abreu and Grandal are the only not young ones)....they don't want to play for a dude almost 80 fucking years old! As much as I hate the Astros for cheating....I don't get how you don't hire AJ Hinch over Larussa.

I watched Hahn's presser and you can tell he isn't happy about the hire. Sounds like Jerry went around the whole organization and did this.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
In a documentary 20 years from now called, "The Dance That Never Happened", Jerry will be on it blaming the Larussa hire on Hahn and Kenny. Jerry is the biggest slimebag pos owner in sports history.
What planet are you living on? The Cubs already lived that life and documentary is probably in the works. Every cubs "fan" on the planet was boasting about the great dynasty that they were, and how Chicago was looking at multiple WS on the North Side, but once they let go of their wife beating closer Chapman it was all over! Now you have 4 minor league players in Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Schwarber!

"The Dynasty That Never Happened"

However I will agree that Jerry is a slimebag POS. I've always hated him!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Now having to process it for 24 hours, listening to the press conference and Benetti interview and listening to the Sox Talk podcast I'm now even more pissed off. This was a typical Jerry move where he complete circumvented Hahn and his vision for this team. The White Sox again look like a half assed organization in a major market. Marcus Stroman is already making it known on social media that he doesn't want to play for him. TA can't be happy with this move and he supposed to be the face of the franchise. "Change the Game" with a 76 year old manager that retired in 2011??? Get fucked Jerry.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
What planet are you living on? The Cubs already lived that life and documentary is probably in the works. Every cubs "fan" on the planet was boasting about the great dynasty that they were, and how Chicago was looking at multiple WS on the North Side, but once they let go of their wife beating closer Chapman it was all over! Now you have 4 minor league players in Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Schwarber!

"The Dynasty That Never Happened"

However I will agree that Jerry is a slimebag POS. I've always hated him!
Whoa! That sure got you triggered...lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Cubs lost a lot of good players from their 15-16 team. Russell, Fowler, Arrieta, Chapman, etc...

They did get another good closer. In ‘17 I think. I Can’t remember his name.
Didnt lose Russel after 16. Russel lost himself after beating his Wife. I have never seen an athlete fall as hard as he did after wife beating accusations (which were true) came out. Guy went from #1 prospect in baseball, to hitting 20+ homers and driving in 90+ runs while playing damn near gold glove caliper defense all in 2016, to someone that didnt belong on an MLB team. I thought after 16 he would be a MVP candidate for years to come as thats how special he was. Iirc, he might have played in Japan prior to Covid

Cubs 100% would have kept him had he continued to play the way he did in 2016

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Didnt lose Russel after 16. Russel lost himself after beating his Wife. I have never seen an athlete fall as hard as he did after wife beating accusations (which were true) came out. Guy went from #1 prospect in baseball, to hitting 20+ homers and driving in 90+ runs while playing damn near gold glove caliper defense all in 2016, to someone that didnt belong on an MLB team. I thought after 16 he would be a MVP candidate for years to come as thats how special he was. Iirc, he might have played in Japan prior to Covid

Cubs 100% would have kept him had he continued to play the way he did in 2016
I agree with you dude. I just mentioned the players that left after 16.

And, It’s ridiculous that they never got another real lead off hitter too after Fowler.

Who was that closer they had after Chapman? They let him go to free agency too. Maybe the Rockies

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Len Kasper leaves his TV gig on the Marquee Network to join the Sox broadcast team on ESPN 1000. Theo gone, Schwarber and Almora non-tendered and now Kasper jumping ship. The scrubs seem to be a dumpster fire these days....

P.S. who was it that told me Almora was one of the best CF's in baseball like 1-2 years ago??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Len Kasper leaves his TV gig on the Marquee Network to join the Sox broadcast team on ESPN 1000. Theo gone, Schwarber and Almora non-tendered and now Kasper jumping ship. The scrubs seem to be a dumpster fire these days....

P.S. who was it that told me Almora was one of the best CF's in baseball like 1-2 years ago??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I said one of the best defensive CF and still stand by that

Reactions: Marko

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Could easily be another 104 years before the Scrubs win another World Series....
Talk shit when your boys are relevant in this town again. Made the playoffs last year due to the playoffs being expanded. If not for the 2 extra teams allowed in, they wouldnt have made it. You and every other SUX fan is nuts if you think you can win it all with the roster you currently have.
Still a stud pitcher away and a few other small pieces to the puzzle.

Reactions: Marko

Thread Info