⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My biggest concern is Kopech being a head case and never being valuable for the Sox.
All my SUX fan buddies my brother included say the same about Kopech. They think he should be traded while he has some good value.
I said it to you I believe when the Cubs traded Cease to you guys that I wasnt a big believer in him. I'm still not and see him as nothing better that a 3 or 4 in the rotation. Cubs absolutely lost in that trade though.

You guys definitely have some bombers, Roberts and Moncada are the real deal. I dont think Jiminez will ever stay healthy, and his defense is horrible. Which brings me to this. You can have all the offense in the world, but come playoff time, you better be able to play elite defense. Thats the one thing imo that will haunt this team. You cant give great teams extra outs come playoff time.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe
Been meaning to ask you this, but thread has been dead so I always forget. You hate the Cubs like I hate the SUX, thats a know fact.
You have done nothing but bash Baez for his hot dogging/show boating last few years and I wanna say you have talked shit about the jewelry he wears while playing. Could be wrong on that, would have to go back and look. Has Tim Anderson not followed in Baez footsteps, maybe imo has taken it a step farther with the bat flips. That shit doesnt really bother me as the game is changing. But I'm very curious to hear what you think about Tim Anderson doing this shit? Watching these games the last 2 nights, half your team had a fucking Mr T starter kit around their necks.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe
Been meaning to ask you this, but thread has been dead so I always forget. You hate the Cubs like I hate the SUX, thats a know fact.
You have done nothing but bash Baez for his hot dogging/show boating last few years and I wanna say you have talked shit about the jewelry he wears while playing. Could be wrong on that, would have to go back and look. Has Tim Anderson not followed in Baez footsteps, maybe imo has taken it a step farther with the bat flips. That shit doesnt really bother me as the game is changing. But I'm very curious to hear what you think about Tim Anderson doing this shit? Watching these games the last 2 nights, half your team had a fucking Mr T starter kit around their necks.
They are my assholes. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: J-LO and Shawn1112

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
All my SUX fan buddies my brother included say the same about Kopech. They think he should be traded while he has some good value.
I said it to you I believe when the Cubs traded Cease to you guys that I wasnt a big believer in him. I'm still not and see him as nothing better that a 3 or 4 in the rotation. Cubs absolutely lost in that trade though.

You guys definitely have some bombers, Roberts and Moncada are the real deal. I dont think Jiminez will ever stay healthy, and his defense is horrible. Which brings me to this. You can have all the offense in the world, but come playoff time, you better be able to play elite defense. Thats the one thing imo that will haunt this team. You cant give great teams extra outs come playoff time.
Moncada is an above average 3B as is Madrigal at 2nd and Robert is projected to be an elite CF. Anderson needs work as does Eloy but he's no worse than Schwarber. We have a GG caliber replacement player in Engel as well. Defense shouldn't be a problem.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Moncada is an above average 3B as is Madrigal at 2nd and Robert is projected to be an elite CF. Anderson needs work as does Eloy but he's no worse than Schwarber. We have a GG caliber replacement player in Engel as well. Defense shouldn't be a problem.
Pretty sure Schwarber graded above Eloy defensively in LF last year. I wanna say Schwarbs graded out as above average defensively. I know he led all LF in assists and was top 3 in put outs, but did make like 5-7 errors. Not saying much as he or Eloy will never be great defensively.
Anderson will NEVER be a good defender, will always be below average. I think last year will be his best year offensively in his career.
Agreed with Madrigal, he should be your SS imo. Moncada is average at 3rd defensively, pretty sure he was up there in errors (15-20) last year. Engel sucks, he is like a career .220 hitter and only was a GG finalist in 18 because of the 4-5 home runs he robbed people of that year. Highly doubt he is your everyday R Fielder.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Pretty sure Schwarber graded above Eloy defensively in LF last year. I wanna say Schwarbs graded out as above average defensively. I know he led all LF in assists and was top 3 in put outs, but did make like 5-7 errors. Not saying much as he or Eloy will never be great defensively.
Anderson will NEVER be a good defender, will always be below average. I think last year will be his best year offensively in his career.
Agreed with Madrigal, he should be your SS imo. Moncada is average at 3rd defensively, pretty sure he was up there in errors (15-20) last year. Engel sucks, he is like a career .220 hitter and only was a GG finalist in 18 because of the 4-5 home runs he robbed people of that year. Highly doubt he is your everyday R Fielder.
Eloy was a rookie last year, no? Schwarber has been working on his defense since 2016 right? I'm not concerned.
Anderson has a ridiculous range and is one of the most athletic guys in the game. He needs to figure out his glove transfer and footwork. I wouldn't say he'll never be a good defender. Madrigal doesn't have the arm for SS.
Moncada played 1 season at 3rd and ended with much stronger defense then when he started.
Engel does suck at the plate. In the field the guy is the best defensive outfielder in Chicago, period. He will never start, he will be always be a replacement player like I said. He is a late inning Eloy replacement in LF.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I believe a deal was agreed upon for Comcast and Marque. Looking for the details now...
News reporting that deal was reached, but terms not disclosed. I went on to my Xfinity/Comcast account, but not able to add the channel yet. It will be on 202 apparently, though. Maybe they'll make it free for a week to get people hooked into subscribing?

Reactions: GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
News reporting that deal was reached, but terms not disclosed. I went on to my Xfinity/Comcast account, but not able to add the channel yet. It will be on 202 apparently, though. Maybe they'll make it free for a week to get people hooked into subscribing?
I think it’s going to be an extra charge. We are
Already getting charged for local sports channels. I am cool with paying for Cubs games. I watch enough games.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I think it’s going to be an extra charge. We are
Already getting charged for local sports channels. I am cool with paying for Cubs games. I watch enough games.
Oh, no doubt. There will absolutely be an extra charge. I'm just hopeful that we'll maybe get a few games for free while they get it all set up. Like for tonight's game, I can't even add the channel yet through my account.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Oh, no doubt. There will absolutely be an extra charge. I'm just hopeful that we'll maybe get a few games for free while they get it all set up. Like for tonight's game, I can't even add the channel yet through my account.
I already get the channel Marquee Sports Network. It’s included in my Comcast TV/Internet package. For $150 a month. Hopefully they won’t change anything on my account. With this MSN channel on 202

A812F327-0AF8-4539-827A-058EB207DAF6.jpeg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Speaking of Maddux. I'm willing to bet there will never ever be another 300 game winner in the history of MLB
Thoughts?
Totally agree. I respect how well today's pitchers can throw, but they aren't the grinders like pitchers used to be. They either get pulled too often, or injured too often.

I'd be shocked if anyone ever did it again.

Thread Info